Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tour list corrections< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ethain Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 05 2019, 07:48

I need to point out some corrections that should be made in the tour list. Is this part of the forums the right place to place them, so the responsible one can do it?
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: May 05 2019, 20:06

Wouldn't it be great if Mike toured again. I wonder if he could be persuaded to come to Perth, where I live.
Profile PM 
Ethain Offline

Posted: May 06 2019, 03:57

No, it wouldn't be nice. Have you listen to the MOTR acoustic versions? It's painful. Or the FATC guitar solo in the Olympic games? But he can still compose music, and make things like RTO. But a tour? Not anymore.

Anyway, I neex to get in touch with the webmaster or webmistress responsible of the concert list. The first two in the 79 tour were in Barcelona, not Madrid, as it is written. The Palacio de los Deportes part is correct.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: May 06 2019, 07:38

Quote (Ethain @ May 06 2019, 03:57)
No, it wouldn't be nice. Have you listen to the MOTR acoustic versions?

No, I haven't. Could you post a link, please? I find it hard to believe that Mike not only would produce something awful but would also allow something awful into the public domain.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: May 06 2019, 19:33

With regard to my last post, I suspect the claim you have made is simply a perpetuation of something others may have said. Another example of such a meme is the oft-repeated statement that Mike can't sing, when, in fact, you couldn't find better singing anywhere than on "Heaven's Open".
Profile PM 
Ethain Offline

Posted: May 07 2019, 02:01

Yes, Mike can sing. And nit only in HO, I prefer the Dreaming in the Wind (Demo) sung by him rather than the regular one by Spiller.
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: June 11 2019, 14:42

Quote (Ethain @ May 05 2019, 13:48)
I need to point out some corrections that should be made in the tour list. Is this part of the forums the right place to place them, so the responsible one can do it?

Thank you very much for your corrections. The list has been updated now.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: June 11 2019, 18:24

Is there a tour?
Profile PM 
First_Excursion Offline

Posted: June 12 2019, 05:19

Don't think that will ever happen again. Maybe one show some day but he'd bring that sleep inducing PRS custom anyway.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: June 15 2019, 07:19

It's funny you mention the PRS, I personally like the sounds he gets from it, but Mike has played a lot of different guitars over the years, if there was one brand you could identify him with, what would it be? For me it's the Fender Strat, I love the clean sound he gets from it.
Profile PM 
First_Excursion Offline

Posted: June 17 2019, 04:30

That's a good question.

It's surprising it took Mike so long to come around to the Stratocaster. It suited his style and accentuated juicy details that you won't get out of a Gibson. Especially the clean sound like you say, crisp tones, Crises and Discovery have beautiful examples of it.

I love what Mike did with the Les Paul though too especially on Incantations and the Exposed guitar sound. You don't get the same kind of grunt and sustain out of a Strat.

I probably identify with Mike's Gibson playing if I'm pressed on it because various greatest hits but I love his style on the Stratocaster too, very lively.

PRS, nearly all humbuckers and neck pickup sound, not so much personality.
Profile PM 
10 replies since May 05 2019, 07:48 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net