Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: mike and euro 2004, if your team were a mike song...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
olracUK Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 17 2004, 19:42

Can you come up with a song/album that best suits the team you support?

OK, we don't want to descend to off topic confusion like a certain "other place", but a lot of people are folowing Euro 2004. Olivier gave us a hint ( here ) so let's do this thing.

some rules  - start with a Mike reference, no swearing or blatant rascism, and give a score prediction.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Q! Offline

Posted: June 19 2004, 15:54

now THAT is difficult. no wonder there are no replies.

modifing the rules somewhat, i think that amarok would work nicely as theme to hol-cze match i am watching right now. :-) and what a great match it is. i hope holland wins this one btw.

--------------
http://qisgod.host.sk/
Profile PM WEB 
EeToN Offline

Posted: June 19 2004, 20:27

The French national anthem was arranged by Mike so I root for France. :D

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
EeToN Offline

Posted: June 19 2004, 20:53

It was a Summit Day for the Czech.

One of my favourite songs is Spanish Tune, and I'm also a fan of Italy but they're in Crises now. :/ I hope they'll be Saved By A Dell Piero. ;)

But you know that they'll never going to get ... France. They only take take scalps. ;)

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
olracUK Offline

Posted: June 20 2004, 07:04

A bit like the current off-side rule, this one can be open to different interpretation.

Well, coming from an Island, I'd say England didn't get of to a Flying Start. Rooney seems to have that Magic Touch, and his Time Has Come.

If we get a win against Croatia then I will be floating Far Above The Clouds. ;)

--------------
Profile PM 
ATTMO Offline

Posted: June 20 2004, 13:41

Well I feel Germany was guilty three times against Lativa (3 times no penalty). They had become arrogant after the game against holland but it was nothing but a 0:0 Ripley was at least five miles out when the fouls happened. At least it is good news for them that the Czechs will give their top players (among them the hero Nevded) a rest. But well there might be some secrets that the Chechs' trainer has not told us about i mean he looks like some mastermind.
It is quite a discovery to see many teams not considered as favorites in the beginning are doing quite well. The time has come for eastern europe ;). But I guess the Italians will rise from the ashes and still reach the next round.
After the lost match against the Czechs the Dutch will probably return to the origin and play their holy 4-4-3 again.
The conflict between Portugal and Spain is getting quite harsh now.
Btw Beckham has got a nice tatoo ;)

(wow i got 14 songs in threre!;)

--------------
"Such is life; and we are but as grass that is cut down, and put into the oven and baked" - Jerome K Jerome
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: June 20 2004, 19:50

My son and I made a few predictions at the start of Euro 2004, and we never imagined that he likes of Latvia and Greece would do so well. It seems these teams have found ways of defending against the big boys and frustrating thier game.

Anyway, we are looking forward to the Conflict between Croatia and England. Just hope that on Arrival our boys don't get the B(eckham) Blues. If Sven plays a diamond pattern, Rooney will be at the North Point, but that could be Bad News as we haven't proved we can hold the ball well in midfield. I think it would be No Dream that England will score early, and it's Crystal Clear that we need a win to boost our confidence.

So hopefully we will See The Light in that Far Country and not Daydream. But Only Time Will Tell.

:/ just the 10 songs, and i fear the score will be croatia 1 - england 0, england coming home

--------------
Profile PM 
VetleMakt Offline

Posted: June 21 2004, 20:25

At the Arrival of EURO2004 (which takes place in the Wonderful Land of Portugal), I thought to myself "Thou Art In Heaven (I and II)". Finally, The Time Has Come! Once again I have felt the Earth Spirit of The Great Plain, and seen the Magic Touch of the Dark Star Henry and the Caveman Rooney (who's got a Flying Start). My favourite moment so far would be when the former Celt(ics) striker Henke Larsson scored against Bulgaria. Airborn, he was. Seemed Weightless, he did.
And let's not forget Mr. Shame - or Mr. Totti, as he's called in the land of Ugo.
My prediction:
In the Finale, we will see an Introduction of what to expect of football in the future as France's Henry scores a fantastic goal in Part I of the match. The italians gain momentum after a while, though, and win 2-1 after two goals by Mr.Shame in Part II.
Yep.

--------------
Aberdeen, Sundsvall, Århus, Cardiff, Sevilla, Gdansk, Napoli -
Never been there.
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: June 22 2004, 17:16

Quote (VetleMakt @ June 22 2004, 02:25)
And let's not forget Mr. Shame - or Mr. Totti, as he's called in the land of Ugo.

[...] The italians gain momentum after a while, though, and win 2-1 after two goals by Mr.Shame in Part II.
Yep.

Totti = Mr. Shame!!  Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! :D :laugh:

I think that Trapattoni (Italy's coach) best deserves the title of Mr. Shame, because after his Arrival in Portugal he made one Mistake after another, and even tonight, although he was a Man in the Rain, he and his team surely were in a huge Crises [f*ck the spelling! :D]. Italy tried To be Free a bit from Bulgaria's grip and sure gained some momentum, but all of their attempts were lost In the Pool of a rather muddy field, and the Mirage they had been gazing at, together with their own Daydream, i.e. to get (at least) at the semi-final, proved to be as fleeting as a Moonlight Shadow. ;) And this is far as I can go, because I'm really no soccer fan at all and it looks like there are far smarter people than me in this forum, at least as far as word-playing and punning is concerned. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Ben Offline

Posted: June 22 2004, 17:44

Quote (olracUK @ June 21 2004, 00:50)
:/ just the 10 songs, and i fear the score will be croatia 1 - england 0, england coming home

How wrong where you lol...

--------------
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
~ Ben
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: June 23 2004, 18:02

How wrong where you lol...

Hey, We're happy to be wrong. 2 predictions from 3 isn't bad! :p

Now, if Owen can get scoring we'll have to Mo(u)nt St Miche(a)l.

Ouch - that was a bit of a stretch :/

--------------
Profile PM 
ruizbertol Offline

Posted: June 24 2004, 12:35

Spanish supporting.....  :(
I met a sweet señora in Barcelona  :p

--------------
@Fran JR.@
Profile PM WEB 
sister_in_the_dark Offline

Posted: June 24 2004, 17:12

how embarrassing...Germany out.....

Portugal 2:2 England right now...

Tuxedomoon - No Tears  ;)

--------------
...spin the wheel of fortune or learn to navigate...
Profile PM 
CuNimb Offline

Posted: June 25 2004, 03:27

:O England......No Dream!

--------------
Happy? ha ha ha....
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 25 2004, 07:20

It was a Mistake under the weather, I suppose...

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
timshen Offline

Posted: June 25 2004, 22:11

As for the French - back 'To France'  :/
But Grease (Greece I meant) had the chance to 'Shine'! :)

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
ATTMO Offline

Posted: June 26 2004, 07:05

wow that portugal -england game was simply amazing
probably the best match of football i have ever seen

--------------
"Such is life; and we are but as grass that is cut down, and put into the oven and baked" - Jerome K Jerome
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Dec. 09 2005, 16:14

I wasn't sure if we should start a World Cup thread, there are plenty of other places for that.

But - as England are playing in Nuremberg on Thursday 15th, and there is a fan meeting very close by that starts the same day, it is a perfect reason for any football loving English Mike fan to get to germany!

--------------
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Dec. 09 2005, 18:49

And Australia have qualified for the World Cup for the first time in 32 years so I am pretty excited, and I choose 'Far Country' as it is my favourite song.

They tried to explain on the news last night how the qualifying thing works but I don't get it. Australia seems to be disadvantaged is some way, hence part of the reason for them taking so long to qualify but of course we don't compare to France, Brasil, Germany, Argentina etc

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
The Big BellEnd Offline

Posted: Dec. 09 2005, 19:05

I go for Island's, perhap's Trinidad and Tobago

--------------
I, ON THE OTHER HAND. AM A VICTIM OF YOUR CARNIVOUROUS LUNAR ACTIVITY.
Profile PM 
26 replies since June 17 2004, 19:42 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net