Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Hergest Ridge font used< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
NeilParsons Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 09 2013, 18:50

Does anybody know what kind of font was used in the letterings in yellow of the front cover of the album (original LP and 2010 editions)? I would like to use it (if exists or a similar one in any true-type fonts web) with a graphic design for a site of mine.

I just tried to search for any topic about this particular, but I could not see anything related.

--------------
No incantation at all...
Profile PM WEB 
Balbulus Offline

Posted: July 18 2013, 02:29

I'm at work at the moment so I can't check, but I did know this; I'm fairly sure it was a Roman font. A few years ago I burned both HR and Ommadawn onto a CD for the car, and created a sleeve using that font.

There are websites like Identifont where you narrow down your search by answering questions about different letters.
Profile PM 
NeilParsons Offline

Posted: Jan. 21 2015, 11:57

Time has passed and I couldn't find the right font as equal as of this example. :/

I alse searched as a Roman font, but even looking at different font sites I didn't find it. Using WhatTheFont it's worse, because none of the given results match with the original font. If it's not possible to know the real font, I don't care searching for it, leaving it as an impossible mission.

--------------
No incantation at all...
Profile PM WEB 
2 replies since July 09 2013, 18:50 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net