Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Blue Peter Dutch Mix< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Penyffordd Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 21 2017, 08:10

I was wondering whether anyone can help.

We have a patient, at our Residential Home, who has dementia.  He very much likes listening to Mike Oldfield.  I have numerous Mike Oldfield CDs and he is very happy listening to them.

When he listens to Blue Peter on my CDs (I have one on the Platinium Collection and another on a Deluxe Edition), he starts shouting no, no, not right and gets very distressed.

I found out that he was brought up in the Netherlands when he was younger.

On researching further, and finding this site, I found out there was a version of Blue Peter that is called a Dutch Mix.

I have looked on iTunes, nothing, youtube, nothing.

I was wondering whether anyone could point me in the right direction, or have a digital version that he could listen to .

Apologies for the long post, and hope some one can help.
Profile PM 
captain cavern Offline

Posted: Aug. 27 2017, 16:46

The Dutch Mix is on "Mike Oldfield's Music Wonderland" compilation.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Aug. 27 2017, 16:53

As far as I'm aware, it's never been officially released in a digital format - it was available on the compilation Mike Oldfield's Wonderland, and on the Swedish version of the Blue Peter/Woodhenge single, both only on vinyl. It was also on the bootleg CD Swallowed Up by a Big Fat Snake.

I've read some reports that it also randomly appeared on some CD copies of the Mike Oldfield Platinum Collection and The Complete Mike Oldfield, but I imagine it'll be difficult to track those down, seeing as there doesn't seem to be much known about which pressings it appears on.

I'll keep a look out and let you know if I spot anything, though...there must be copies floating around somewhere...
Profile PM 
captain cavern Offline

Posted: Aug. 27 2017, 19:30

Yes. (Oops ! I made a mistake.) "Music Wonderland" (available on CD) is a different compilation, with the regular version.
Profile PM 
Nicolas Offline

Posted: Sep. 05 2017, 05:55

There are two mixes of Blue Peter indeed. One has a smooth link to the reprise, the other one really is a rather abrupt cut and paste job that would have me also going "not right!".

I'm not sure which one is on the Dutch Wonderland LP -haven't played mine in years, even though it's an excellent best of, but I think it's the smooth one.
Profile PM 
4 replies since Aug. 21 2017, 08:10 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net