Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Oldfield's Tre Lunas or Jarre's Aero?, Which album would sell best this year?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ranger Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 01 2002, 06:39

Which album would sell best this year?
Profile PM 
ProjectZ Offline

Posted: Aug. 01 2002, 13:20

As far as I know is Jarre's Aero not yet in the stores... We have to wait until 7 sept. to hear the first bits of it at the Aero-concert in Denmark. :/

--------------
the VANGELIS forum : Invisible Connections ( http://www.vangelis.fr/ )
Profile PM WEB 
Tr3s Lunas Offline

Posted: Aug. 02 2002, 08:45

I personally think Tr3sLunas will sell a lot more than Jarre´s new album... (at least in Spain)

--------------
http://starmen.net/petition
...do it for the kids!!!
Profile PM WEB 
Mark 1 Offline

Posted: Aug. 02 2002, 20:18

That's a trick question! There is no 'Tre Lunas' album by MO, only a 'Tres Lunas' album... :)

Seriously, I'd say Tres Lunas, although I'm not sure what kind of music Aero will bring. Being based on the wind, it wouldn't surprise me, though, if it would be very lightweight and accessable, like Tres Lunas.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2002, 09:12

As far as I know...Jarre´s Aero is going to be just a concert...the album,not sure if it´s going to be released this year!
...please...why you guys love to compare Mike with JMJ...they´re so different in terms of music.... :(

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
lazeeladuk Offline

Posted: Sep. 11 2002, 19:07

I agree, JMJ is ok but his more recent albums are a bit boring.The last best album he did was Revolutions, everything  after that has been pretty much the same. If JMJ wanted to write an album that was as good as his early stuff he should go back to early days and loose all this techno inspired junk. Oxygene was a brilliant album and was truly ground breaking in its style, but Equinoxe was and still is the best but is somewhat shadowed by Oxygene.
One other small detail i would like to point out is that, when people compare MO and JMJ they should realise MO is a truly great MUSICIAN and JMJ is a good keyboard player..thats it.   ;)
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: Sep. 12 2002, 02:09

jarre will sell more..he seems to be more "pop" or something..when jarre releases album, it always gets to the charts here..i have no information when oldfield would have been on any chart in finland

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Sep. 15 2002, 18:51

JMJ´s Aero concert showed just 2 new songs and the rest was classical Jarre stuff w/ new arragements.
The show had a lot of rain(like TB III premiere),but like Woodstock...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2002, 14:59

I attended Aero (see the other forum topic, but nobody replied.... :(   ).. those two new songs were just written for the concert itself.... (who else was at Aero by the way?)

The new Jarre album will be released soon titled "Sessions 2000".

Jarre is still good I think... look at Chronologie :D

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Tellur Offline

Posted: Oct. 15 2002, 11:03

'Tres Lunas', because 'Sessions' varies in style from other works by JMJ. Older fans will not tend to like it. Me nether.
Profile PM 
9 replies since Aug. 01 2002, 06:39 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net