Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Just dropping by to visit., How is everyone doing....< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Scatterplot Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 04 2022, 17:03

Thought I would drop in and read the newer threads. The one that cought my interest most was "will Mike ever record another album"....
    My thinking is no, but I hope I'm wrong. The 2010's gave us two albums, Man on the Rocks and Return to Ommadawn. I consider that to be lucky since most rock acts from the 70's that are still active(even in the prior decade) are simply juke-boxing their greatest hits live and not recording any new material. I did join the largest Facebook MO forums as they came along, years ago. Pretty much all I ever see when anything does float down my timeline are polls of your fav. albums or questions like "what do you think my best guitar solo was". All written by someone called "gordon mikefield". I too would love to hear news of a new album. Be cool Tubularians. Glad to see the site still up and running.....

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2022, 10:30

Hello! :)
I still listen to Mike's old music regularly, and I check this site once a week or so. I have a hard time finding a facebook page that has the same quality of discussion as we once had here.

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2022, 22:14

It makes me laugh that people can talk about "dropping in" to this site, as though it were a physical place that requires some effort to visit. Do they not have computers, for example, in Scatterplot's "neck" of the woods? :laugh:
Profile PM 
Sentinel_NZ Offline

Posted: Aug. 08 2022, 00:58

Quote (nightspore @ Aug. 05 2022, 22:14)
It makes me laugh that people can talk about "dropping in" to this site, as though it were a physical place that requires some effort to visit. Do they not have computers, for example, in Scatterplot's "neck" of the woods? :laugh:

Gah!  Clear orf.  It's a figure of speech.
Profile PM 
3 replies since Aug. 04 2022, 17:03 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net