Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Remastered Turbulent Weather Gig Recording< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
FlipMartian Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 23 2016, 06:37

Hiya. Utter madness - realised today I had joined here over 3 years ago and not said a word in all that time.

Long time MO fan but that's hardly unique on here! But in my spare time I remaster old unofficial gig recordings - sort out pitch or tape problems, noise, clicks and hiss etc, and then EQ them to make them sound as clear and "professional" as possible - and make them available for free for anyone who wants them. I've done well over 80 in the last 4 years or so. A kind person has donated a small number of MO gigs so I hope to get those done in 2017 if there's the interest.

In the meantime, some while back I remastered the Turbulent Weather gig from 1981 - before the reissue of 5 Miles Out, which included bits of that concert as extras of course and which makes some of this recording now redundant! Which is ultimately fine, as its a great gig!

I elected to leave it up and available - ultimately it has parts of Platinum and Ommadawn not on the extra 5 Miles Out disc (although it adds Guilty, of course) - with added info on buying the official release (which I also have - 5MO is in my top 3 favourite MO albums).

Anyway, if anyone is interested and wants to d/l it - its free, no registration or any crap like that. Its a 320kbps MP3, not FLAC - but I think you might be surprised by how good it sounds anyway. There might be other artists on the site you're interested as well of course. But more MO to come in the New Year, anyway. :)

http://liveandloudshows.blogspot.co.uk/2014....le.html
Profile PM 
Nige Offline

Posted: May 20 2017, 15:44

Great recording, thanks for posting.  I have to say that the omission of Ommadawn from the official version was bordering on criminal as, in my view, this was the best live version, albeit a little rushed in parts.

Looking forward to more examples of your work!
Profile PM 
FlipMartian Offline

Posted: May 25 2017, 16:05

Thanks yes, I thought so too - but I guess it allows room for this, then. At least until a full recording is released, if ever that happens...

I'll post up when the next one is ready to go - hopefully sometime over the Summer.
Profile PM 
2 replies since Dec. 23 2016, 06:37 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net