Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells cover by the California Guitar Trio< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 04 2008, 13:05

The California Guitar Trio has a cover of Tubular Bells on its latest album entitled Echoes. You can buy it at Amazon.com, Amazon.ca, Amazon.co.uk. Other acoustic covers include Lynyrd Skynyrd's Free Bird, Queen's Bohemian Rapshody, and Beethoven's Pastorale.

Thanks, Jordi.
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 04 2008, 13:08

Tubular Bells: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2OCF1ar0kk

Bohemian Rapshody: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNNcMDZn2Qk
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 04 2008, 16:35

:) Good ! i like this version even though i keep a little preference to the Duo Sonare version !

For the Bohemian Rapshody , i've noticed on Youtube there's one version on classical guitar made by Edgar Cruz , this one is really great !

;)
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: June 05 2008, 01:36

Hey, I see they are coming to Austin 2-27-09. I will be going.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: June 06 2008, 03:56

For those of you who haven't seen this yet it is definitely worth following the link to see them on You Tube. They play so expertly, it is really entertaining, I nearly cried!!

--------------
Listen to Mohribold; an epic musical tapestry that weaves between a multitude of genres.

Andrew Taylor's Mohribold album has proved very popular with fans of symphonic-rock, prog-rock, psych-folk and indeed Oldfield's classic albums!

www.andrewtaylor.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Tommy139 Offline

Posted: June 06 2008, 14:59

Amazing.... Well worth a view.
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: June 07 2008, 12:41

Talking about the track Misirlou in another thread reminded me that these guys did a cover version of it a little while back.Anyway looked it up on youtube and i found this interesting clip with a whole improv piece tagged on the front of it.Takes a little while to get going but it`s pretty cool imo.I think that`s Tony Levin there on bass as well.With what looks like giant cigarettes gaffa-taped to the ends of his fingers???..Looks a little disturbing to me,but they sure make a nice sound together.
Profile PM 
6 replies since June 04 2008, 13:05 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net