Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Metal Gear Solid V trailer, going Nuclear...!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 09 2014, 12:04

Long-term fan Hideo Kojima has chosen Nuclear as a soundtrack to the main trailer for the forthcoming fifth main instalment of his Metal Gear Solid series.  I begin to think that it has been issued early, by mistake (  ;)  ), as examples of it keep being removed from YouTube.  This is still there as of this second, at least!

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 

Posted: June 09 2014, 16:37

A lot of love for the track on Twitter.  Also a request from Caroline, asking another user to take a link to the trailer down.  Kojima-san himself is tweeting about checking in on E3 ahead of tomorrow, and the text beneath some postings does say that it looks as though Konami let it out too early.

I am now expecting a flurry of official tweets and all the rest in the very near future.  If not then I re-iterate; a lot of love for Nuclear on Twitter :)  :)

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
Platinumpty Offline

Posted: June 11 2014, 06:15

I think the release (of the game) is official now and the link on Youtube is still there.

It's here: http://youtu.be/-pPXuFNGEr8

It actually works pretty well as a music video, although it dispels with the "marital discord as war" metaphor for "war as war" literalism.

Gosh games have changed since the days of Jet Set Willy and Asteroids!
Profile PM WEB 
Elf Offline

Posted: June 12 2014, 05:31

One of the three tracks I liked from MOTR, and I've seen several people commenting both on Twitter, Youtube and Facebook that they are checking out and buying Oldfield's music now.

And this from a man who created mind numbingly boring games in the early 2000s because he hated violence in games. Money talks, eh? :)
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: June 12 2014, 10:35

Quote (Elf @ June 12 2014, 09:31)
And this from a man who created mind numbingly boring games in the early 2000s because he hated violence in games. Money talks, eh? :)

Still more than 10 years on,both Tr3s Lunas and Maestro are still boring to me.Not because of the lack of violence for sure.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: June 12 2014, 16:57

One criticism levelled at Metal Gear games concerns how involved the gamer will feel when one of its epic cut-scenes kicks in.  A recent writer to Gamecentral's Inbox worried about the fact that they'd only played for about 45 minutes in the first five hours of Metal Gear 4.  The Gamecentral comment underneath reminded them to bring a packed lunch for the ending...  ;)   I've only played the one released on the Gamecube - not owning the other systems - but I liked it a lot.  I also like finding some of the unique snatches of music in the VR games, but we probably don't go there to raise the blood pressure!

I've not been able to see if Caroline has waxed lyrical on Facebook about the honour Hideo Kojima has done; I've not seen a comment elsewhere though.  I assumed she was keeping to an agreed embargo on seeing that tweet on Monday.  Now it's been officially out for a few days, maybe it is the violence that means Mike's approval has been tacit...

Nonetheless, and to reiterate and elaborate, an awful lot of love for the music in Kojima-san's trailer.  Actual promises to buy are themselves manifold but taking into account all expressions of pleasure at this newly-discovered song, I've scrolled through thousands! :)

--------------
"Who was that?"
Profile PM 
MasterGeek.MX Offline

Posted: June 12 2014, 17:10

Hope this attract more people to the glorious Mike's music.

--------------
Hailings from a Mexican Mike Oldfield's fan.

Y chingue su madre el que no le guste Campanas Tubulares!
Profile PM 
Drealm Offline

Posted: June 13 2014, 20:23

Quote (MasterGeek.MX @ June 12 2014, 17:10)
Hope this attract more people to the glorious Mike's music.

We were watching E3 my friend and me and he is a big fan of Metal Gear Solid. During the preview I reacted about the song (seeing Mike's music in a video game preview is really surprising), and after the preview he said the song was very good.

He called me one day later and asked me about the music (because after showing the preview to his sister, this second listen of the song really grabbed him) and was interested in listening more about Mike's album (and of course, "Nuclear"), which I was more than happy to help him in this matter.

He was very fond of the Moonlight Shadow song, and when I told him it was the same artist he was very surprised, I had to explain him that Mike don't sing himself but uses singers, etc.
Profile PM 

Posted: June 18 2014, 08:22

You can check Spotify's charts yourself.  But here's a helpful, and telling, digest...
http://abcnews.go.com/Enterta....twitter

Has any official comment been made somewhere else yet?

--------------
"Who was that?"
Profile PM 
Covenant Offline

Posted: June 20 2014, 05:23

Quote (Cavalier (Lost Version) @ June 18 2014, 13:22)
You can check Spotify's charts yourself.  But here's a helpful, and telling, digest...
http://abcnews.go.com/Enterta....twitter

Has any official comment been made somewhere else yet?

This is EXACTLY the kind of thing the record company should be jumping all over....

And are they...?

<sigh>
Profile PM 

Posted: June 21 2014, 17:09

Quote (Covenant @ June 20 2014, 05:23)
This is EXACTLY the kind of thing the record company should be jumping all over....

And are they...?

<sigh>

Maybe it's taken this long to find a YouTube video that was suitable,
but Caroline's on board at last...
(And John Robinson's also found an item of interest https://twitter.com/johnjrrobinson/status/480425547604836352 :) )

It doesn't sound as though anyone's been persuaded to push it as a single.  Given how wide a range of people have decided that they like it - a narrow common interest perhaps, but a hugely expansive demographic - it seems a shame that we might be denied another Moonlight Shadow.

<sigh>

--------------
"Who was that?"
Profile PM 
MasterGeek.MX Offline

Posted: June 22 2014, 00:41

Quote (Cavalier (Lost Version) @ June 09 2014, 16:37)
Also a request from Caroline, asking another user to take a link to the trailer down.

I still don't understand why she is asking for that. It's an excellent promo of the albm and Mike.

Even the guys from the spanish podcast of "Tertulias Oldfield" from the blog OldfieldExposed said the same thing that me.

--------------
Hailings from a Mexican Mike Oldfield's fan.

Y chingue su madre el que no le guste Campanas Tubulares!
Profile PM 
stpaul Offline

Posted: June 23 2014, 01:29

Nuclear is now #1 on Spotify's Top 10 "Most Viral Tracks" worldwide.
I think it's time now to start the promotion for MOTR again and to release Nuclear as a single inkl. 7" and video.
Profile PM 
Covenant Offline

Posted: June 23 2014, 04:46

Have you guys heasrd the news that STREAMED tracks are also being used now to determine 'chart placings'...?

I not just ONLINE charts, but CHART charts!

I hope the buzz about nuclear keeps up for the next few weeks... Number One for Mike??  :)
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: June 23 2014, 17:52

No sign of Nuclear bothering teh UK charts - but good old TB original is still in the "Rock & Metal" charts! Up from #38 to #35.

I guess they didn't know what other category to put it in. And I also assume you don't need salesin 4 digits to get into these charts?

Also - see here for streaming info - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27924176

http://www.officialcharts.com/rock-and-metal-albums-chart/

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 

Posted: June 24 2014, 14:37

Quote (MasterGeek.MX @ June 22 2014, 00:41)
Quote (Cavalier (Lost Version) @ June 09 2014, 16:37)
Also a request from Caroline, asking another user to take a link to the trailer down.

I still don't understand why she is asking for that. It's an excellent promo of the albm and Mike.

Even the guys from the spanish podcast of "Tertulias Oldfield" from the blog OldfieldExposed said the same thing that me.

The trailer was "accidentally" released by Konami at some point on Sunday, the 8th of June, ahead of its official debut at the Sony E3 conference on the 9th - someone's computer apparently not taking time differences into account.  It went viral with enough people having saved it to keep it up and running once Konami had started asking sharing sites to remove it - I know that one of the gaming sites I perused on the 9th said that they were currently on their third link to it.  I stored the one that I deleted in my Notepad - checking it just now reveals that it survived!

When Caroline Monk, prior to that press conference, tweeted that another example should be removed, I took it out.  I inferred from this that she was part of a soon-to-be-announced publicity campaign and let it lie.  Now there are movers and shakers in this world but I am neither.  When CJJC next visits these boards, congratulations are in order for actually taking the time to communicate with Caroline.  ;)   It occurred to me in the days afterwards that I might message her to inform or congratulate, but I made the assumption that she would be snowed under with messages on the Facebook page.  Oh well...

I'm assuming ( despite the precedent! ) that communication is well under way now.  Here's the record company starting to jump!
http://www.virgin.com/music....l-chart

Deliberate use of the word 'single'? There have also been some recent tweets-to-articles about Virgin Airways.
http://www.virgin.com/richard....tlantic
http://www.virgin.com/travel....ny-name

Who was that masked man?! :D

--------------
"Who was that?"
Profile PM 

Posted: July 08 2014, 13:25

An early morning play of Man on the Rocks on the BBC today.  Alex Lester had picked it out from a selection of new music, and commented that it was out on the 28th.  Unless Nuclear's chance has already come and gone ( ! ), that implies that MotR is the next official release.

--------------
"Who was that?"
Profile PM 
16 replies since June 09 2014, 12:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net