Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Music from my heart, This is my tribute for Mike Oldfield< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
JanHavelka Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 25 2013, 10:29

Hello everyone! I love Mikes music and this is my tribute for him.

Music from my heart

Dear Mike,

Your music has accompanied me since my childhood, has always meant a lot to me and significantly influenced my life.

Even before I was born,  sounded in our apartment Tubular Bells, Incantations, The Song of Distance Earth and further of your great albums. It was probably the main reason why I love music so much. Even as a child of four I was trying to imitate playing the guitar and tubular bells, later on I was trying to learn how to play your amazing songs - it was and still it is - my biggest motivation.

As my sincere thanks for all those wonderful moments , spent with listening to and playing your songs, I tried to create, on the occasion of 40th anniversary of the edition of your first album, my own album, with the aim to be at least closer to your songs, despite I know it is probably  an unachievable goal because your guitar and your music is absolutely inimitable, unique and unequaled.

Nevertheless I hope  that I´am at least somewhat successful, and it would be the greatest honor to me, if you could listen to my album and if you find this album at least a little intrigued.

Wishing you a good luck in the coming years and I hope that Prague will see your concert soon!

Sincerely yours,

Jan Havelka,
17 years old
Profile PM 
Priabonia Offline

Posted: July 06 2013, 13:05

Jan

...a fine effort, very interesting listening, and a lot better than some of the banal, repetitive "Let's copy Tres Lunas on a cheap MIDI soundcard" stuff that gets put up here!

Even better for being only 17 years old...you have a great future as a composer ahead of you.

N

--------------
https://www.youtube.com/user/PriaboniaMusic

www.soundcloud.com/just-before-dawn
Profile PM 
qcfoetus Offline

Posted: July 23 2013, 22:32

Hi Jan,
Thanks for sharing your music.
Really like your album. Good, strong first impression. Will listen to it again, and again. Lots of promising ideas. Music from the heart indeed, and it shows...
Keep up the good work!
Profile PM 
qcfoetus Offline

Posted: Sep. 04 2013, 12:04

Hi again,
I've been listening to your music quite a lot lately, and parts of it are constantly running in my mind. Love it, especially the second part. The finale reminds me of Ommadawn. Makes me want to capture to every single detail to decode the structure and take it all in. Thanks for sharing.
Profile PM 
3 replies since May 25 2013, 10:29 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net