Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Bridge to Babel, A long story< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
DarkenedEdo Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Dec. 09 2006, 17:08

A long time ago, in this forum, a project that meant to merge different musicians saw the first steps.
But it wasn't so simple, and we decide to give up. But the wheel was in motion in my head, and I wasn't able to stop it.

After 400 hours of work let me introduce you "Bridge to Babel", the hardest project i ever made.

I'd like to thank all the Tubular.net community, especially Brandon Blume and Jorg Lang that played in some important parts; Maria Merida for thousand reasons (and the title); Mark Hermse for his perfect suggestions and support and everyone who believe in me and my music.

Bridge to Babel is a single long track (55:22) made of 50 short tracks merged.

In the RAR file you'll find the single MP3 (101Mb), a CUE SHEET file with the tags of the 50 micro-tracks (that you can play on the PC with Foobar2000, a program included in the RAR file, simply opening the cue file, or to burn it into a CD with the separated tracks) and a folder that contains the inlay, the booklet and the CD label.

As always it's totally free, but I'll be very happy if you consider to visit the website www.emergency.it to make a little donation, it's like to pay me.

The work could be adjusted for equalitazion and sound, but I had to say stop, because I want to start new projects.

These are the RAR files (you need to download all the 4 files to open them).

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
WinRAR installer

Ok, let's the music talk for me. I really hope you like the journey.

See you in Koln.

--------------
www.edoardofainello.com :::: www.fayeth.com :::: www.myspace.com/kahman
Profile PM WEB 
Langdana Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 10 2006, 01:19

Hello Edoardo,

just some words from me:

Bridge to babel is “amazing”!!! I love your music!!!!!!

It is beautiful to listen to the finished project now!!!!!!

The best music I have listen too!! You are the greatest!!!!!!

And…..I am so proud about that in some parts my guitar voice is beside your music!!

Many, many thanks to you and of course we will see us in Koeln the next weekend!!!!

I am looking forward to this!

See you :)
Jörg
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Dec. 10 2006, 04:13

This is marvelous news (I've wondered for ages what had happened to this project).

But I don't understand the downloading/assembling instructions at all. Cue sheets? Foobar 2000? Rar files? I don't have a clue. Could someone help, please?
Profile PM 
DarkenedEdo Offline

Posted: Dec. 10 2006, 07:39

Thank you Jorg!!!! I was afraid to disappoint you.

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
DarkenedEdo Offline

Posted: Dec. 10 2006, 07:43

Alan, you're right, I must be clearer.

Bridge to Babel, how to get the music.

1. Download the WinRAR installer and install the program on your PC.
2. Download the 4 parts
3. When you've downloaded all the 4 parts, right click on the first and select "Exctract here".

Now you'd have on your PC this stuff:
-BridgetoBabel.mp3
-Bridge to Babel.cue
-Foobar (folder)
-Booklet (folder)

You can choose to listen the MP3 file as it is, an entire mp3 file lenght 55:22 and your work is done.

Or you can install the program Foobar2000, and, after installing, you can open the Bridge to Babel.cue file.
Opening it you'll find Bridge to Babel sliced in 50 tracks.

That's all folks: parapapapapaaaa parapapapapaaaa (warner jingle)

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Dec. 10 2006, 10:41

Thanks Edoardo - I think I follow that now.

In a week's time I hope to have a broadband internet connection instead of my present dial-up arrangement, so it makes sense to wait until then before I download these - will the links still be active for a couple of weeks so I can do that?

Many thanks for doing this! (It's going to take a lot of patience to wait for a week! )
Profile PM 
DarkenedEdo Offline

Posted: Dec. 10 2006, 16:48

The link will be active for a long time, don't worry

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Dec. 10 2006, 17:09

Hallo Edoardo. I have no problems in opening the .rar files, but can I open the .cue file with Nero? ;)

However, like with ABBA... :D... thank you for the music. It's excellent.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Dec. 10 2006, 17:51

I'm having problems to extract the music file. I've downloaded everything and then used winrar to extract it as u said: right clicking on the first and 'extract here', but I get a message saying that there's an error of CRC in part3.rar (don't have a clue about what's that..) so I can't listen to the track, however I don't have any problem to extract the rest of the files.
It seemed everything was ok when I've downloaded all the four parts, but maybe it wasn't, so I think I will download the third part again.

(Anyway, I'm very glad to see Bridge to Babel complete and looking forward to listening to it!! )

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
DarkenedEdo Offline

Posted: Dec. 10 2006, 18:28

Ugo, I think that with Nero you have to modufy the cue file (with notepad) writing the right path of the mp3 file (for example, if you have in C, you have to write C:/BridgetoBabel.mp3). I repeat,  I think.

Maria, I've tried to download twice for check and everything is ok. Try to dwonload thee third part again...

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Dec. 10 2006, 18:51

I dont understand this... I try to open it with Nero, and Nero blocks itself.  :/  I try to open it with Foobar2000, Foobar only shows a blank window with "Stopped" on the bottom of it. :/  What can I do?

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Dec. 10 2006, 19:58

I already have foobar (for playing ogg files) and winRAR, and I had no problems getting everything to work.

I'm listening now, and the first track is as good as I expected. I knew this would be good from listening to your other work.

All I can say to Alan and Ugo is, if all else fails I'll burn you a CD..you must hear this.

Oh - and I'm listening to it now with the latest space shuttle TV feed running - it goes amazingly well together.

Great stuff Ed

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Posted: Dec. 10 2006, 23:42

Hello Edoardo,

I've been listening to "Bridge to Babel" while doing some work.  It's wonderful.  Well done on completing this very long project!

I've started downloading some of your tracks at the Tubular.net Download Centre, leaving comments as I listen.  You can see my comments here: http://www.lyricless.com/index.php?sec=14&page=9

So far I've heard 2 tracks at the Download Centre with your name on, and I decided to recommend them both.  Hopefully that'll get you a few more listens.

Keep up the good work :)

Ben

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
oblique Offline

Posted: Dec. 11 2006, 03:04

Congratulations on finishing such a grand piece of music.

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
Langdana Offline

Posted: Dec. 11 2006, 05:28

Hi,

The download works very well!! I haven’t got problems with it!!

Download only Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 and Part 4. Then download the WINRARinstaller. If you have all the stuff on the hard disk then open the WINRARinstaller. This is an exe file. Don’t worry! With that you install that WINRAR program on the PC. Then the other files Part 1, Part 2 , Part 3 and Part 4 are open now. Click on that Part 1 file and you will find inside that file, the wonderful music (MP3) from Edoardo and the complete Album booklet and CD labels of Bridge to Babel.

You see that is absolutely easy!!!  :)

As Edoardo said before, I also must mention Maria Merida in this project now. I give her on this way a big compliment for her drawing for Eduardo’s beautiful music project! I like really a lot of her drawings and photos she has done! It is not only the drawing I like very much, it is also the title she gives this beautiful project! All together, fits so perfect together! It is one union!! That what you are listen here in this project is not only music! This project is for me really something special and I am so proud that I was only a little, little part of it! Thanks so much Edoardo!!

For me Bridge to Babel is one of the best albums I ever listen too!!

I say it now with my words:
Please dive in this beautiful world and enjoy this journey.

It is really a walking through a bridge to a new Babel!!

Many greetings from me
Jörg
Profile PM 
fastguy101 Offline

Posted: Dec. 11 2006, 10:49

Edoardo,

No problem here downloading the files and, I must say, the tracks are absolutely beautiful!  I've already burned the CD for my long journey each day to work and just like all of your other efforts find your music fantastic.  

Your production skills clearly set you apart.

Mike
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Dec. 11 2006, 16:13

Well, I couldn't wait, and decided to download the sections. It took hours, but everything worked exactly as it should thanks to your instructions. I didn't worry about breaking it up into bits, but just left it as a seamless whole.

As I write this, I've been listening for about 30 minutes. And Edoardo - I've loved many of the pieces you've posted for us here, but this is truly astounding: it's a fantastic achievement. The sheer scale and scope of it is beyond belief; the delicate shifts of mood and tone, the shimmering details that flicker in and out, the powerful climaxes that make my spine shiver ....

What a fantastic privilege it is to have this and play it whenever I like. Thank you so much.
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Dec. 11 2006, 18:37

Gosh... I'd like to find words other than wonderful, or amazing, or moving because it's all of them, but also more than that. I see how u have built a wide orchestral sky with with piano, guitars and voices shining like stars. It's so complex and at the same time, it flows so natural as water.. like if it is as it has to be.
I'm already hooked on all the second half, the entrance to Realness makes me feel I'm taken by a soft wind and from then on, I can just let me go with the music.

Bridge to Babel has produced in me the same kind of emotion I had when I listened to Amarok or TSODE for the first times.. sweet arrows of pleasure going deep inside to stay forever on.
Thanks for all your hard work and sharing it with us.

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
DarkenedEdo Offline

Posted: Dec. 11 2006, 19:39

Thank you guys, I'm really touched by your words. All the tireness after a long work like this disappear in a moment, and I can't wait to make you listen my new works (in a few weeks, I PROMISE).

Moz, I've seen your page in lyricless and I've to say thank you, your words make me very proud. All of you guys make me proud to give my music to you, it's my fuel.

Anyway, if you got any curiosity about working, instruments or other things I'm happy to share with you. I've written some notes while working on this project, and I will publish them on my site (ready in January).

Anyway, there was a moment I meant to give up, 'cause it was too complicate and it was driving me crazy. To clean my brain I've composed and recorded (in 3 hours) a piece full of madness.  You can listen to it, if you're interested, in www.myspace.com/kahman. It's called "A spider in the hole".

Thank you again.

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
oblique Offline

Posted: Dec. 12 2006, 04:18

Edoardo:
Bridge to Babel is a single long track (55:22) made of 50 short tracks merged.

How come the mp3 is only 55:18 min. long?
I'm missing out the last tones from the boy's singing.
Is everyone so polite, or am I just nitpicking?
I'm sure it wasn't ment this way.

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
37 replies since Dec. 09 2006, 17:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net