Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: My rarities wish list, Anyone have access to these?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
shenry Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 10 2022, 06:29

Here's my current wish list of Oldfield-related rarities. Just thought I would share this here on the chance that someone might have any tips about where I can find any of these (or if they even exist).

(1) The Odyssey live, with David Bedford: I stupidly missed this CD release at the time it came out about 10 years ago, and have been kicking myself ever since learning of its existence. I would love to hear it, but it's never come up on youtube or anything, and copies now fetch around £80-£100 which is too expensive for me.

(2) The Odyssey live - video! This concert footage MUST exist somewhere, given that clips from it appear at the start of the Song of The White Horse TV documentary in 1978. Does anyone have any clue how or where this can be found?

(3) Reflection soundtrack 1977 - Ommadawn and Incantations demos and outtakes. I know some of these pieces (Ommadawn lost version, Incantations piano tune) have subsequently appeared on official releases,  but there are so many good tunes in this film there must be more in the vault.

(4) Multitrack stems for Tubular Bells, Hergest Ridge and Ommadawn: We've had the multitrack stems for the first 14 minutes of Tubular Bells (for an online remixing competition a few years ago), and those were a total revelation to me. So I want them ALL! I would say Incantations as well but I know those original multitracks have disappeared.

(5) Tubular Bells live Queen Elizabeth Hall 1973 - video! Does such a thing exist? I would love to see it if it does.
Profile PM 
Priabonia Offline

Posted: Nov. 11 2022, 05:46

I have a copy of Reflection downloaded from when it was on YT (a friend did it, honest...), and/or the mp3 file extracted from it. It's pretty poor quality though.

I very much doubt the stems for HR and Ommadawn (which must exist as they have been remixed) will ever be released, and yes, as you say, those for Incantations were likely left under a bed at Througham and put on a bonfire by the next owner...

--------------
https://www.youtube.com/user/PriaboniaMusic

www.soundcloud.com/just-before-dawn
Profile PM 
shenry Offline

Posted: Nov. 11 2022, 09:58

Thanks Priabona.

I also have a download copy of Reflection. From a friend, yes, of course. And I've extracted some of the individual audio bits to listen to on their own, but the quality is shockingly poor. I would love the original stereo versions! They must exist surely? We have had The Path, Woodhenge and all sorts popping up over the years, and there is plenty more good stuff on that soundtrack.

As for the HR/Ommadawn stems... sadly, I think you may be right.
Profile PM 
pauken Offline

Posted: Nov. 11 2022, 10:57

On the topic of Reflections, this appeared recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo4kqjRyi8w

Pretty sure we'll never get access to the multitracks :(
Profile PM 
adnsound Offline

Posted: Nov. 30 2022, 19:53

Quote (shenry @ Nov. 10 2022, 06:29)
(4) Multitrack stems for Tubular Bells

Hi Shenry,

I'm maybe not in the right topic but I'll try though:

I read here you once had the Tubular Bells stems and I tried to find these stems for a long time but Internet being older, I couldn’t find them at all. They disappeared. As I would love to create a remix for my wife’s father, a fan of Mike Oldfield, I’m here, asking you if you still have these tracks and if you could send me a link to them. I’m sorry if my demand is bothering you, I just hope internet will do its magic, as it did a lot of time in the past.

Thanks a lot from France.
Profile PM 
Priabonia Offline

Posted: Dec. 01 2022, 16:06

Quote (adnsound @ Dec. 01 2022, 00:53)
I read here you once had the Tubular Bells stems

The stems for the first 14" of Part One were released as part of a remix contest in 2012. A few people on here will have them, including me. If you'd like them, let me know and I can arrange a file transfer.

--------------

Profile PM 
adnsound Offline

Posted: Dec. 01 2022, 16:08

I would love ! I send you a DM ! Thanks
Profile PM 
Priabonia Offline

Posted: Dec. 02 2022, 04:13

Quote (adnsound @ Dec. 01 2022, 21:08)
I send you a DM !

Nothing received? Email me directly on

[myusername] at gmail dot com

--------------

Profile PM 
adnsound Offline

Posted: Dec. 02 2022, 04:55

Thank you so much, I'm sorry for my DM fail. Can't believe I failed at sending a forum DM.

Email sent (crossing my fingers I didn't fail again XD)
Profile PM 
8 replies since Nov. 10 2022, 06:29 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net