Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (4) < [1] 2 3 4 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Man on the Rocks Deluxe Edition and boxed set< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 10 2014, 09:23

More details about Man on the Rocks, including a revised release date of March 3rd, have been revealed by Universal. Alongside the CD and Vinyl editions, there will also be a Deluxe Edition and a Deluxe Boxed Set.

The Deluxe Edition includes a second CD of instrumental versions of the album's tracks, in a cardboard fold-out package like the Deluxe Edition reissues.

The Deluxe Boxed Set, only available through Universal's Mike Oldfield online store, also includes a third CD containing Mike's demos for the album, as well as alternate mixes of four of the albums tracks (Sailing, Dreaming in the Wind, Following the Angels and I Give Myself Away). It comes with a 16 page CD-sized booklet, four 'art cards' with the album artwork and portraits of Mike, plus a certificate of authenticity.

The album will also be available to pre-order on iTunes from January 27th.
Profile PM 
iwaniuch Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 10 2014, 12:01

Let's hope March 3rd is the final date... :-) Any official sneaks of the album before...?
Profile PM 
zoda Offline

Posted: Jan. 10 2014, 15:41

It was already available for pre-order a few days ago, but not anymore today. To bad there was no audio preview:(
Profile PM 
sagan2 Offline

Posted: Jan. 10 2014, 19:51

argh :( what does this mean "available to preorder on itunes from 27th Jan"? maybe it will be possible to listen to it in itunes from 27th Jan?

--------------
www.soundcloud.com/sagan2-1
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Jan. 11 2014, 02:26

It sounds like it must be a good album if they are going to that level of release for an original album :)
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 11 2014, 03:50

Quote (sagan2 @ Jan. 10 2014, 23:51)
argh :( what does this mean "available to preorder on itunes from 27th Jan"? maybe it will be possible to listen to it in itunes from 27th Jan?

It means you can order it so it downloads automatically when it's available. I don't think it necessarily means that there will be any audio previews, unfortunately. We'll have to wait and see, though!
Profile PM 
backwoodsman Offline

Posted: Jan. 11 2014, 07:04

I'm curious about the second cd of the deluxe edition, which contains instrumental versions of the album tracks. The vocal track has obvously been removed from those versions, but is it replaced by guitar or some other instrument?
Profile PM 
iwaniuch Offline

Posted: Jan. 11 2014, 11:58

I'm afraid the only difference between the second and the first  CD of deluxe edition will be the lack of vocal tracks, which is not very that exciting... Kind of karaoke for us - Mike's fans :) I personally hoped for some unreleased tracks, but it seems there won't be any. Pity... Please let us know if you find any sneaks of the album songs - even if very short, like "Sailing", which I'm beginning to like more and more - especially the S P A C E of the recording :)
Profile PM 
backwoodsman Offline

Posted: Jan. 12 2014, 05:32

Quote (iwaniuch @ Jan. 11 2014, 11:58)
I'm afraid the only difference between the second and the first  CD of deluxe edition will be the lack of vocal tracks, which is not very that exciting... Kind of karaoke for us - Mike's fans :)

I'm also worried that it will be just like that; that they just removed the vocal track and nothing else. But it would be very disappointing. I hope the melodies are played by some instrument.
Profile PM 
Platinumpty Offline

Posted: Jan. 13 2014, 07:50

Another question worth posing is whether Mike sings on the demos (CD 3 on the box set)!
Profile PM WEB 
Black Bunik Offline

Posted: Jan. 13 2014, 09:18

I guess all these questions will be answered the 3rd of March.  :laugh:
Profile PM 
falk Offline

Posted: Jan. 15 2014, 06:32

just ordered the big box. had originally paid the ordinary cd and expecting it to arrive within few days, but thats apparently not the way it works.would be nice to see it next to my boxes with tubular bells and crises thoug. Hope i am not dissapointed
Profile PM 
iwaniuch Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2014, 04:51

... and how about 5.1 mixes...? Not mentioning some video content, for example from the album production (very popular nowadays)... I think we will have to pay for MOTR again some time in the future  :)
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Jan. 19 2014, 18:55

I wish they'd release it on something else in addition to iTunes, which only works well on one hardware platform out of many. I've tried to deal with it, and it has always been a horrible ordeal.

Google Play, Amazon, anything...

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
falk Offline

Posted: Jan. 20 2014, 09:31

just ordered today, but my local salesman says, that he might not be able to get the big box. hope this is not true, or else damn damn damn
Profile PM 
neil-h Offline

Posted: Jan. 21 2014, 12:43

The 3 disc set is listed on Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Man-Roc....ldfield

and it's much cheaper than the Universal Music Store.

Damn! Should I cancel my Universal order? Will Amazon definitely be able to obtain the box set?
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Jan. 23 2014, 17:17

A few of us emailed Universal querying why the Deluxe Box set was £10 cheaper on Amazon. First reply was pretty standard brush off, but today we heard that "it's been passed to Head Office and we asked Amazon to remove page".

So it would seem Amazon had jumped the gun, don't actually have stock, and the page is no longer available.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
mountie926 Offline

Posted: Jan. 29 2014, 13:23

The Super Deluxe Edition is not available with Amazon UK anymore, but it's still listed with Amazon Germany.
Only a little bit cheaper though, not worth for people in the UK, but definitly worth for people living in Germany.
Profile PM 
christopher Offline

Posted: Feb. 02 2014, 22:20

Now the Deluxe Boxset has disappeared from the Universal site.  WTF?
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: Feb. 03 2014, 12:05

Someone mentioned on the MO Personal FB group the other day that the Universal store had already sold out.
Profile PM 
69 replies since Jan. 10 2014, 09:23 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) < [1] 2 3 4 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net