Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tales from the woods, Album< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
oblique Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 19 2020, 15:53

Haven't been here in a zillion years, but hey, perhaps someone will appreciate this......
Tales From The Woods (full album) by user-429029601 on #SoundCloud https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/hn7V

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
Tom Ciderwell Offline

Posted: Nov. 20 2020, 06:02

Wow! That's fantastic!

Could only listen to a few minutes of the intro as I'm working on some intrications at the moment
and need to maintain focus - but I'll return later.

Cheers
Profile PM 
oblique Offline

Posted: Nov. 20 2020, 09:34

Thanks for your time Tom. Hope you'll enjoy the rest of the track too.

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: Nov. 22 2020, 09:26

~ Message deleted at the request of the author ~
qcfoetus Offline

Posted: Nov. 22 2020, 12:25

Quote (Ommagest @ Nov. 22 2020, 09:26)
Listened to this while working from home, really imagimative music.

I agree. Really good rendering of the underlying concept of being in the woods. This is the type of thing I'll want to listen to again, with full attention, to let the images seep in. Thanks, and good job!
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Nov. 22 2020, 18:59

I listened to the first part and thought it was OK, although it didn't really connote being in the woods for me. But then, maybe I don't know forests: according to Led Zeppelin, they "echo with laughter". Forests don't echo, although caves do.
Profile PM 
oblique Offline

Posted: Nov. 23 2020, 02:33

In any case thanks for your attention. I'm a truckdriver, not a musician. And don't even play one instrument properly. This is the best result I can come up with so sorry if it's not evocative enough. I compose to please myself. Over the years I've learnt it's impossible to please everyone. I'm just happy if I please others with something I created, just as I'm happy myself with this track. So again thanks for listening.....

--------------
Profile PM 
qcfoetus Offline

Posted: Nov. 23 2020, 11:12

Quote (oblique @ Nov. 23 2020, 02:33)
In any case thanks for your attention. I'm a truckdriver, not a musician. And don't even play one instrument properly. This is the best result I can come up with so sorry if it's not evocative enough. I compose to please myself. Over the years I've learnt it's impossible to please everyone. I'm just happy if I please others with something I created, just as I'm happy myself with this track. So again thanks for listening.....

Being a non-musician myself, I can attest that composing to please oneself can be a great source of satisfaction, thus a powerful source of motivation. Unfortunately, pleasing my inner critic is often quite hard!  :D
Anyways, I've subscribed to your Soundcloud channel and will be exploring your music with great interest.
Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: Nov. 23 2020, 13:08

~ Message deleted at the request of the author ~
nightspore Offline

Posted: Nov. 23 2020, 18:13

Quote (Ommagest @ Nov. 23 2020, 13:08)
Forests do echo!

I imagine if you shouted at a sequoia you might get an echo  :laugh:
Profile PM 
9 replies since Nov. 19 2020, 15:53 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net