Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The chant on Part 1, First attempt...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 20 2017, 10:11

In one of his videos on FB Mike said that he fragmented the original chant (on the original Ommadawn Part 1) and he came up with a new chant. Well, here's what the new chant says. It's just a first attempt, maybe has anyone here got better ideas? ;)

Far no and Ommadawn no
And Ommadawn right now
And Ommadawn right now

At least one sentence makes more sense than anything in the original. :D What do you think? [Once again: it's just a first attempt!]

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: Jan. 21 2017, 17:36

My listening to, and analysis, of Chant No. 2 will eventually follow; but for now, all I'm thinking is what a very pleasant delight to see you back on the boards, Ugo!  I said as much yesterday, but I think I replied to the duplicate post while Korgscrew was deleting it! :O

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 22 2017, 03:27

Quote (Cavalier (Lost Version) @ Jan. 21 2017, 21:36)
I said as much yesterday, but I think I replied to the duplicate post while Korgscrew was deleting it! :O

Aaaargh! I'm going to be paranoid about that now ;)
Profile PM 
Markus K. Offline

Posted: Jan. 23 2017, 03:16

Well, the original lyrics are not in English, so the new ones aren't either. Here's the translation:

Hater's gonna hate.
Shake it off.
Shake it off.
Shake it off.

Hater's gonna hate.
Shake it off.
Shake it off.
Shake it off.

;)

--------------
---
Markus K.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Jan. 27 2017, 17:44

I've been away from the boards because I've been quite active on Facebook lately. I discovered RtO through Facebook, and although I haven't been following Mike for quinte some time (I don't own the Discovery reissue, just to mention one), I like this new record an awful lot. I shall post a review soon. :)

Apart from this, I wrote what the chant sounds like, not what the chant is. I know it's not supposed to make sense either, because it's fragments from the original, but as I don't know any Gaelic, I just wrote what the fragments sound like in English. :) But, re-reading it just now, I definitely feel like saying that "And Ommadawn right now" makes sense for what the album is supposed to represent. :cool:

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
hellegennes Offline

Posted: Jan. 28 2017, 18:57

It's actually part of the last bit of the "lyrics" from Ommadawn Part One, reversed. It's heavily edited though, it's not just reversed, there are two distinct bits entangled (bold parts):

Ab yul ann idyad awt
En yab na log a toc na awd
Taw may on omma dawn ekyowl
Omma dawn ekyowl
Profile PM 
5 replies since Jan. 20 2017, 10:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net