Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 31 2006, 15:25

Happy New Year! wishing everyone a prosperous 2007
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Dec. 31 2006, 15:25

Best wishes to everyone for 2007!

2006 saw the releases of the Live At Montreux video and The Platinum collection. We also had interviews and chats with Jason Cluts, Christopher von Deylen of Schiller, and Simon Philips.

The tubular.net community is always very busy and creative, with activities ranging from the Tres Lunas guide, Mike Oldfield's instrument listing, to fan music. Thanks for all your contributions and welcome in 2007, with ours visitors, on this tubular portion of the web!
Profile PM 
SoimSandheaver Offline

Posted: Dec. 31 2006, 16:02

Thank You. There's still a few hours to go here in Britain (about 3), but looking forward to it all the same, and looking forward to a fresh start.

Wishing you a very Happy New Year with peace and happiness,
David.

--------------
"Three blokes go into a pub, one of them's a little bit stupid, then the whole scene unfolds, with a tedious inevitability."
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Dec. 31 2006, 16:48

We're absolutely racing through this decade--when did it get to be 2006--and now nearly 2007??? Deep breaths (am thankful to still have breaths). :)

Have a wonderful 2007, everyone! May you have the health, vision, motivation, joy, and means to attain your goals! May your path be gentle, sweet, interesting, and intrinsically rewarding!

Brightest blessings,

Mary-Carol

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Dec. 31 2006, 17:20

It's not easy to come up with a new way of saying it, and I won't try. But here are my thanks to all who contribute to this forum and make it such a rewarding place to visit, and I wish the very best of luck in 2007 to everyone.
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Dec. 31 2006, 18:15

Happy New Year to all :D

Ben

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
Piltdownboy on horseback 22 Offline

Posted: Dec. 31 2006, 18:19

Happy new year to you all :D

and it's also my birthday  ;)

I'm off now :D
see you all in 2007

it's going to be a great year for Oldfield fans  :cool:

--------------
"And now we're going to play Platinum!"
Profile PM 
Bill Bobaggins Offline

Posted: Dec. 31 2006, 19:14

I, too, think there great things are coming in the new year.  I feel very positive about 2007 in regards to both my personal life, the world, and everything in it.  That's not to say that bad things won't happen, but overall I feel real good about it.  And if we are blessed with a new MO album, well what could be better.  A tour too, I know.  But I will just forget about that because I doubt he will come to the states.

Anyway, Happy New Year to all.   I have been a member of many forums off and on over the years.  I've never stuck with one because it seems that there is always the one jerk that ruins it for everyone else.  That doesn't seem to happen here - so thank you to everyone for being so cordial and polite.

And can you believe it???  Dick Clark will once again (stroke and all) host his New Years Rockin Eve.

--------------
Speak friend and enter.
Profile PM 
Marky Offline

Posted: Dec. 31 2006, 19:54

Yes Happy New Year to all Oldfield fans. It has the portents of a very significant year for us as listeners of his music. The new album is tingly and scary at the same time because we want to know he can still "do" it. The Ommadawn in Hamburg sections are promising if there are orchestrated parts. The book (I avoid biog/autobiog) promises some revelatory insights into mike's thoughts and feelings that help us understand his music and life. If it does not, it will be a wasted opportunity that will never come around again so this is a very important project for us as fans because we can never come closer. I always cry now when Mike achieves his best or close to his best work.  But I am man enough to admit it... kind of contradictory...but then I only cry a single tear so maybe I can reclaim my masculinity tomorrow on January 2nd. Happy New Year again x x x
Profile PM 
captain cavern Offline

Posted: Dec. 31 2006, 20:30

Happy new year !  :cool:
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Dec. 31 2006, 21:03

I'll keep it simple..

Happy New Year to all my friends old and new!

2006 saw Mike play live, some great music by the members here and continued growth in our community.

Who knows? Maybe Branson will give Mike a ticket on his SpaceShipTwo and we'll get TB played in space?

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: Jan. 01 2007, 03:07

Happy New Year, everyone!

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Jan. 01 2007, 05:43

Hi Happy New Year to you all, to Mike and family too, should they ever read this.

I guess for me I can continue with  the positive changes I began last year. The only thing is I currently find myself jobless (last  in first  out).  Perhaps that's a blessing really as it gives me chance to think about what I'd like to be doing.

Still    there's Mike's autobiography to look forward too. I've this feeling that '07 will pe more positive than '06. Maybe this Piltdown Woman will find her Piltdown Man too LOL!!!  :laugh:  :)  :D .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Trinidad Offline

Posted: Jan. 01 2007, 06:37

Happy New Year to everybody. I really hope the world is, at least, a little better for all.
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Posted: Jan. 01 2007, 07:26

Hey moonchildhippy - you could always ask piltdownboy! ;)

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Jan. 01 2007, 07:58

Quote (Moz @ Jan. 01 2007, 07:26)
Hey moonchildhippy - you could always ask piltdownboy! ;)

I'll keep an eye out for a nice piltdownguy and then send him over to you! To Moonchildhippy that is, not to Moz... heheeh  :p

--------------
Profile PM 
gary1eye Offline

Posted: Jan. 01 2007, 08:01

Just to wish everyone a Happy and peaceful 2007
Profile PM 
SoimSandheaver Offline

Posted: Jan. 01 2007, 12:32

Thanks, Olivier. Wow, a lot did happen last year, and it looks like there should be many more new developments, what with Mike's autobiography on its way, and maybe a new Album. Who knows?

As I begin my second year as part of the tubular.net community, I'd like to congratulate all the Administrators for creating such a wonderful place for people to come and talk about Mike's wonderful compositions and creations. It is a  very welcoming place, and it is very easy to get used to. I know this can only get better the longer that I come here!

Happy New Year!
David.

--------------
"Three blokes go into a pub, one of them's a little bit stupid, then the whole scene unfolds, with a tedious inevitability."
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Jan. 01 2007, 12:56

;)  :D Happy New Year Mr Oldfield ! and for all of you dear friends !

Happiness Love Health and Money etc etc ..all the good things in your life !!!

For all of you , this track made quickly yesterday afternoon in three hours .A possible Mike Oldfield Christmas tune !
Profile PM 

Posted: Jan. 01 2007, 13:11

Quote (Tubular Tos @ Jan. 01 2007, 12:56)
For all of you , this track made quickly yesterday afternoon in three hours .A possible Mike Oldfield Christmas tune !

it's a classic  :D

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

--------------
Profile PM 
36 replies since Dec. 31 2006, 15:25 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net