Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: possible uninstall?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
adamas Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 05 2003, 19:57

Very easy question: i'm registered. i've got my id number. mvr works (sometimes: i think i have a problem with my agp, my vga card or perhaps with Windows XP). if i format my hard disk and reinstall another version of windows, can i reinstall mvr too, with the same id number? i think thet is not possible, what what if my pc crashes? there must be a solution for this problem...
thanks.

--------------
beauty and its light, truth and true love, stars over the deep sea, friendship inside a dark forest.
Profile PM 
Terra111 Offline

Posted: Jan. 06 2003, 12:06

Its possible, though you will have to download the game from www.mikeoldfield.com , and also, if you re-register with your serial # too many times, it gets disabled for a couple of months, so you can't play.
Profile PM 
The Thin Man Offline

Posted: Jan. 06 2003, 14:21

Hi adamas,

I had a complete hard disk failure a couple of months ago and had to reinstall MusicVR.  I had to connect to the main web site but the old registration number worked fine.  At least I didn't lose my Save Game files!

The Thin Man
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Jan. 06 2003, 16:39

Quote (The Thin Man @ Jan. 06 2003, 20:21)
At least I didn't lose my Save Game files!

You didn't lose what??? I've never seen any of those for MVR...
BTW: it might be a good idea to export the
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Oldfield Interactive Ltd
key from your registry after you have registered inside the game (and save it to floppy), so you could re-import it in case you have to re-install your system (though there seems to be some system specific data inside, so it doesn't seem to work if the new system is too different - wink,wink,nudge,nudge..;-)
Profile PM WEB 
The Thin Man Offline

Posted: Jan. 07 2003, 15:23

He he he!

You don't miss what you don't have!

The Thin Man
Profile PM 
4 replies since Jan. 05 2003, 19:57 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net