Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (21) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells Ultimate Edition problems< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 25 2009, 14:08

We've been investigating ordering problems reported with signed copies of the Tubular Bells Ultimate Edition.

The main problems appear to be:
  • Items still not despatched, despite credit cards having been charged as far back as mid May.
  • Inadequate packaging leading to damage in transit, despite a premium having been charged for postage and packaging due to the item's value and weight.
  • Signed copies arriving without signed certificates, possibly linked to...
  • Signed copies being sold by Amazon, contradicting the claim that they would only be available through the official website.
  • A general lack of communication from Completely Independent Distribution Ltd, who are running the official online store.

We've decided to take this into our own hands, so we'd like to hear from you if you've had any of the problems listed above. Please send an email to contact@tubular.net, giving as much detail of the case as possible, including details of:

• Your name and order number.
  • The problem(s) you've had (including, if you've not received your copy yet, when your credit card was charged).
  • The steps you've taken to report the problem and details of communication you've had about it.

Your details may be shared with Completely Independent Distribution Ltd and Universal Music Group as part of an effort to get these problems solved. General details of the case may be shared with the press, but your individual details (name, order number, email address) will remain private unless we ask your permission.

Update June 30th: We're now in communication with Completely Independent Distribution and Bravado in an effort to resolve the reported problems

Update July 6th: People who have reported damaged copies should all have been offered a replacement. People who have reported problems with late delivery should also have been contacted.
If you're having problems, please contact customerservices@bandstores.co.uk before contacting us (though by all means copy contact@tubular.net into the mail if you want).
Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 25 2009, 15:25

Thank you for the effort, and let's hope it will make a difference....  :O
Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: June 25 2009, 15:26

By the way, I already sent you the email just 5 minutes ago...
Profile PM 
Atrastorm Offline

Posted: June 25 2009, 15:41

I think its good that someone's making an effort for you guys.
this situation doesnt help the fans or mikes reputation and Im sure he wouldnt want this for his fans
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: June 25 2009, 15:50

That's fine, Korgscrew. From the spanish list Taurus IV we have suggested all the people to use this way, as it is better that the efforts will be organised. Anyway the list we passed Universal Spain some days ago is not updated anymore (we know some boxes have arrived, although not everyone found the moment to write back to tell us  :/ )

We also keep Universal Spain informed of these matters, the messages people received from Bandstores/Loudclothing/Completely Independent... or whatsoever his name is...  :)

It is really going to be a Tubular Summer!!  :p

Regards
Nacho
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: June 25 2009, 15:56

Korgscrew-

Although I've miraculously managed to get a pristine signed set from bandstores, I'm NOT happy that some folks managed to get a signed set from Amazon for a much cheaper price. I don't begrudge them their luck of course, but this does constitute a breach of contract IMO.  Are you receptive to this type of complaint and if so should I send my details over?

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: June 25 2009, 15:57

That's great,I'll send an email asap.

May the Tubular Bells to be with us,I'm sure that will make a difference  ;)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: June 25 2009, 16:03

Well done Korscrew - I'm sure the work you're doing will bear fruit. Let's hope whoever's responsible for this almighty cock-up learns from it.  :)
Profile PM 
captainjjb Offline

Posted: June 25 2009, 17:40

golly what a mess.  MIke must be well pi**ed off by all this.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: June 25 2009, 17:57

Quote (tubular_trekkie @ June 25 2009, 19:56)
Although I've miraculously managed to get a pristine signed set from bandstores, I'm NOT happy that some folks managed to get a signed set from Amazon for a much cheaper price. I don't begrudge them their luck of course, but this does constitute a breach of contract IMO.  Are you receptive to this type of complaint and if so should I send my details over?

Yeah, go for it. I have a feeling that one's not going to be as straightforward to resolve, as nobody's yet even clearly said what the problem was (my guess is that Amazon got sent them by mistake - they're all labelled as being out of 500 and we haven't yet seen any evidence that there are more than that; unless we find two people with the same number, I doubt it's anything more sinister than that...not to say that it isn't worth complaining - someone should be explaining what's happened). We definitely have to keep a watch on how they sort all of this out, to make sure that they don't just print off a few more (though at the same time, they're going to have to make sure that everyone who ordered one of the 500 gets one of the 500...which may be a bit hard when at least 5 of the 500 have already been sold through Amazon...).

Have you contacted them about this already? What solution would you like to see? Send all the details our way and we'll see what we can get out of them.
Profile PM 
maccafan Offline

Posted: June 25 2009, 18:09

Well done on this, saying this as one who got a Signed Edition via Amazon UK when not expecting a signed edition.

Marcus
Profile PM 
Ommadawn59 Offline

Posted: June 25 2009, 21:18

Although my box arrived in pristine condition, I am not happy aswell.
Actually take away the COA with the autograph and there's nothing special about it. Not a single note of additional music to make it at least a bit more collectable. So it cost me about an additional 25 € compared to Amazon (unsigned copy).
To satisfy and compensate all 500 people who ordered the signed edition IMHO Universal should press up 500 copies of Mike Oldfield's Single on CD including MO'Single Original Version and both Froggy... versions and probably TSH Long Version, have them signed by MO and shipped for free and free of charge. But I doubt they will.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: June 25 2009, 23:27

Just sent my (long and detailed) mail!

Keep us informed on the progress of the subject,Korgie!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Amadan Offline

Posted: June 26 2009, 01:34

Still waiting for my Signed Edition, i appreciate your efforts yery much. I'll send a mail with my details in a few minutes.

Thx,
Stefan

--------------
Mine Mine Mine
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: June 26 2009, 01:56

i was reading spanish forums earlier and used google translator so i might understood wrong but were there also cases that there is also been boxes received with normal version sticker but had cert inside?

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
crises1980 Offline

Posted: June 26 2009, 04:47

Quote (Hifiguru @ June 26 2009, 01:56)
i was reading spanish forums earlier and used google translator so i might understood wrong but were there also cases that there is also been boxes received with normal version sticker but had cert inside?

Yes, I read that story somewhere too. But I think it was just a supposition.

There's some people who ordered 2 or 3 boxes and only got a parcel containing 1 box inside!

Korgscrew, massive thanks for your initiative.

I'll send you an email ASAP complaining about the damages of my box after a poor packaging, the bad customer service and the misleading publicity of such edition.
Profile PM 
HRFanUSA Offline

Posted: June 26 2009, 07:11

Thanks for your efforts Korgscrew.

I've been following these forums and just want to say to Universal / Mike / Loud Clothing:

We are the dedicated fans of Mike Oldfield. We're the one's buying every release and rerelease of his work because in our souls we cherish what he's given us through the many years. I recently got laid off from my job but I still felt the "Ultimate Edition" was something I didn't dare miss out on, because of my long-time love of MO's music, and my continuing desire to support him, financially as a big "Thank You" for enlightening my life since 1973.

When I ordered my Ultimate Edition I specifically stated in the "notes" field  - "Please package this item securely as the condition is very important to me," yet that wasn't done, despite the high cost I paid for the shipment of the item to the USA. A little care and consideration would have ensured my "box" arrived in pristine condition, and I would have been beside myself with joy - proud to display it! Having received it with a smashed corner and lots of other dents, I don't want to even display it with my MO collection. Instead, I reproduced all the artwork as CD tray art and made my own 4-CD set that looks great in a "chubby" jewel case. I shouldn't have had to do this but at least I can live with it...

I firmly believe for the high cost of this "Ultimate Edition", it should have arrived in "Ultimate" condition - PERFECT! It's not the average "fan" of MO that forks out $145 for something like this and I truly believe Mike wanted to please his loyal fans. I do hope he's reading these forums and if I were in his shoes I'd be furious.

I won't whine anymore but I hope the "powers that be" realize that many loyal fans do take the issues with the Ultimate Edition to heart, after all, it's the music we cherish, and we take pride in it's presentation - that's why we're collectors-

Harry
Profile PM 
^NabLa^ Offline

Posted: June 26 2009, 09:36

I also received the signed version as I paid for it, without any trouble, but I'm not happy about the problems my fellow fans have had. This is a very special release, ruined by the distributor's incompetence.

--------------
^NabLa^
Profile PM WEB 
Burning Fish Offline

Posted: June 26 2009, 11:43

I finally got a response about my question about how the signed editions ended up on Amazon.

Hi,

We have no idea how or if they have signed edition, we get all the items directly from the Mike Oldfield merch team, so we have very little control as we are simply a medium for selling items for bands.
If there are signed editions on Amazon then we have not given it to them but the Merch Team.

Regards
Stu

So much for exclusivity?

--------------
"Lemon curry?"
Profile PM WEB 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: June 27 2009, 07:04

Quote (Burning Fish @ June 26 2009, 16:43)
I finally got a response about my question about how the signed editions ended up on Amazon.

Hi,

We have no idea how or if they have signed edition, we get all the items directly from the Mike Oldfield merch team, so we have very little control as we are simply a medium for selling items for bands.
If there are signed editions on Amazon then we have not given it to them but the Merch Team.

Regards
Stu

So much for exclusivity?

Hmm, in other words they're passing the buck. "It wasn't our fault!" Okay, but can't they get this 'Merch Team' to take some responsibility then?

Korgscrew-
Thanks for that. Will send my details over shortly. (I had a funeral to go to yesterday so I'm a bit behind the curve.)

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
405 replies since June 25 2009, 14:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (21) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net