Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mistake on Part 4, 12:38, It is really a shame!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
yanouch65 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 22 2011, 12:31

I have just listened to the album Incantations Deluxe Edition and there is a mistake on the part 4 at 12:38.
I don't really know the word in English, but this is like a kind of jump or maybe a note is missing!

What can I say? Shame....

Remember with TB 2009; the vinyl was in very bad condition. A lot of people have written to Universal and they remade it.

I am going to send them an email right now.

Please, do it the same....

;)

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: July 25 2011, 06:57

I have just got an email from them:
Hi Yannick

Thanks for your email.

We're sorry to hear you have received your item faulty, we can either offer you a replacement order to be sent out, or we can offer you a refund for this faulty item. Please advise regarding your choice.
We apologise for the inconvenience caused.
Thanks,
Paul Brazier
Universal Music

I told them that I don't want a replacement, because they all have got the same problem!

I am waiting for a new email

--------------

Profile PM 
Platinumpty Offline

Posted: July 25 2011, 18:51

Quote (yanouch65 @ July 22 2011, 12:31)
I have just listened to the album Incantations Deluxe Edition and there is a mistake on the part 4 at 12:38.
I don't really know the word in English, but this is like a kind of jump or maybe a note is missing!

You're right!  My copy has exactly the same problem - there's a jump of about a second at 12:38 on Part 4.

Plus they sent me 2 copies of the booklet instead of the DVD.

AND finally, when I peeled off the annoying "Deluxe Edition" plastic sticker that ruined the cover art, it left an unremovable sticky residue.

The music's fantastic though... piano improvisation particularly intriguing as it contains elements of both Guilty and Platinum.

Still, a poor show really.  Sending mine back.
Profile PM WEB 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: July 26 2011, 01:00

Note to Self: I gotta get this sucker and see what all the hubbub is about. But I'll only target the specific areas these guys are complaining about. Damned if I can sit thru the entirety of Incantations again right now. Then digitalize that Yes Relayer LP.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: July 26 2011, 03:30

Listened to it on Spotify...  Cann't hear a Big Skip on the Tk at that point.

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
CJJC Offline

Posted: July 26 2011, 03:39

It's definitely there on the Spotify version. Did you listen to the right one? This is the one you want:

http://open.spotify.com/track/19pbqTFzaNf6ovaEPH2Eij

I was letting this put me off ordering it and waiting for a "fixed" version but it's such a niche product and knowing how fast the other deluxe editions have gone out of print leads me to assume that there will probably only be this batch.

Having listened to it, I'm confident I can fix the glitch on Part 4 at least to my own satisfaction. I'm wondering if then there is a way I can upload that fixed part 4 (and ONLY part 4) in a way that causes few legal troubles to Oldfield, his record company and to Tubular.net themselves. Currently the most sensible thing to me seems to be to fix it and then upload it as a WAV only and using a password encrypted RAR or ZIP file utilising certain words from the Deluxe edition's booklet to limit its availability, at least theoretically, to owners of the deluxe edition who can then convert it to whatever format they prefer for their home and portable listening.

I don't have the album yet anyway but once I do, would this course of action be frowned upon?

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
Spinne Offline

Posted: July 26 2011, 03:40

And does somebody been able to check if this skip/jump is also on the single CD version and/or more important, on the vinyl version?
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: July 26 2011, 04:29

Ah yeah just played the virgin cd and the spotify Back to Back.  a missing note or something like that..  The Virgin Remaster is Perfect so  Im not to Bothered .. Bit annoying you cannt buy the 2nd Disc as a Separate..    Roll on Platinum ..
:cool:

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
robo2009 Offline

Posted: July 26 2011, 04:45

I too have emailed them, after listening to a wonderful "ears cleaned out" version it was a shame to have the "jump" spoil it.
And im still not sure about the "stephen Hawkins" version of Diana, ill give it a bit more time...

other than that a great package and yes roll on Platinum.
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: July 26 2011, 05:27

Second answer from Universal:

Hi Yannick

Thanks for the reply.

If you would prefer, in the mean time we can issue you a full refund for this, until the issue is corrected.

Many thanks,

Paul Brazier
Universal Music

--------------

Profile PM 
CJJC Offline

Posted: July 26 2011, 08:07

Yannick, assuming you've emailed - could you provide us with the email address you used? I have ordered my copy and want to make sure I can inform them of my disgust almost immediately.

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
Platinumpty Offline

Posted: July 26 2011, 08:18

Quote (CJJC @ July 26 2011, 03:39)
Having listened to it, I'm confident I can fix the glitch on Part 4 at least to my own satisfaction. I'm wondering if then there is a way I can upload that fixed part 4 (and ONLY part 4) in a way that causes few legal troubles to Oldfield, his record company and to Tubular.net themselves. Currently the most sensible thing to me seems to be to fix it and then upload it as a WAV only and using a password encrypted RAR or ZIP file utilising certain words from the Deluxe edition's booklet to limit its availability, at least theoretically, to owners of the deluxe edition who can then convert it to whatever format they prefer for their home and portable listening.

I don't have the album yet anyway but once I do, would this course of action be frowned upon?

Not by me... and if, as you say, you make it available to only those who have purchased the deluxe edition, it should result in no loss of revenue... although I am not a legal expert, I can't see anyone sueing.

Presumably you'd take a patch from a previous CD reissue and lay it into the gap with crossfades?

GB
Profile PM WEB 
Fine_old_Tom Offline

Posted: July 26 2011, 08:24

This error is also on the iTunes version......

Sad!!!!!

And I cannot really hear any difference between the previous versions.....

Maybe I'm just deaf...? :O

--------------
Sad Sing
Profile PM 
Platinumpty Offline

Posted: July 26 2011, 08:31

For those who wish to make their feelings known:

support@universal-music.co.uk

Don't know if this is the right contact for Spotify / Itunes editions but since they would have originated with Universal, I don't see why not.

GB
Profile PM WEB 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: July 26 2011, 08:40

Quote (CJJC @ July 26 2011, 14:07)
Yannick, assuming you've emailed - could you provide us with the email address you used? I have ordered my copy and want to make sure I can inform them of my disgust almost immediately.

You have to know that I have not bought this cd from Universal but in a music store here in my country.
I sent an email to them because they are responsible for all the albums sold in the world...in my opinion.

--------------

Profile PM 
Fine_old_Tom Offline

Posted: July 26 2011, 08:41

THANKS!!!

Email sent to Universal and complaint sent to the Apple Store.

Sigh........will any Oldfield release ever come without drama!!! :/

--------------
Sad Sing
Profile PM 
CJJC Offline

Posted: July 26 2011, 08:46

Quote (yanouch65 @ July 26 2011, 08:40)
Quote (CJJC @ July 26 2011, 14:07)

You have to know that I have not bought this cd from Universal but in a music store here in my country.
I sent an email to them because they are responsible for all the albums sold in the world...in my opinion.

Understood, mine will come from Amazon but I'll complain to Warner as Amazon aren't responsible for shoddy workmanship at the mastering stage.

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
CJJC Offline

Posted: July 26 2011, 08:50

Quote (BornInTheUK @ July 26 2011, 08:18)
Quote (CJJC @ July 26 2011, 03:39)

Not by me... and if, as you say, you make it available to only those who have purchased the deluxe edition, it should result in no loss of revenue... although I am not a legal expert, I can't see anyone sueing.

Presumably you'd take a patch from a previous CD reissue and lay it into the gap with crossfades?

GB

I would see what could be salvaged from the remaster first. On cursory listen on Spotify it sounds like a tiny repeat, which is easily fixed, but then a fraction of a second is actually missing which may require an imperceptible drop-in from the previous CD. I'm sure there are many on the site who could do this for themselves but just as many who cannot so if I can provide a solution for those people, and one which is as legally undubious as possible then I'm happy to do it. I have seen people offering entire rips of certain editions of this album as well as old CD single b-sides on this very forum so I doubt there will be much of a problem.

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
BlueTape Offline

Posted: July 27 2011, 11:22

http://www.bluetape.co.uk/incantations_pt4.rar

I had to fix it ( you do hear a backround noise before the cut but decided to leave that in just for authentic purposes)

Incantations is an amazing album and I've always been a fan of it, and I love the Piano Improvisation track

Please buy the album regardless of slight glitch to a perfect MO album

--------------
my music website
www.bluetape.co.uk
Profile PM 
bionicmic Offline

Posted: July 27 2011, 12:29

Hi every one
Just received my DELUXE copy from a web merchant,and I can tell you that it has the same problem on track 4 @12:38 mn.Gonna send them a mail as well as to Universal...And I'll let you know their reply.                                              Mike if ever you read these topics why don't you sack them and find yourself another record company hey ?what d'ya think of that ?
Profile PM 
94 replies since July 22 2011, 12:31 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < [1] 2 3 4 5 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net