Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Music Of The Spheres release pushed back further< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Nov. 16 2007, 11:58

As some of you have already noticed, amazon.co.uk and play.com are now listing a March 9th release date for Music Of The Spheres.

Having spoken with Universal UK, it seems this is not a definite release date, and plans are still being made for the launch of the album next year. It is likely that the release will be in March, but it may be yet later than the revised release date given by those two online stores. Definite details should be made available early next year.
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 16 2007, 14:52

this is getting beyond a joke!

this album has been a long time coming and the buzz has been  massive (in terms of Mike Oldfield) im very pi**ed off that the release has been put back again, the rate its going Mike's next album will be out before MOTS!  ;)

so the release is 5 months later than the planned date!
barmy barmy barmy!

i still look forward to it but its getting a bit silly now! :/

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2007, 15:18

This is very odd. If the artist isn't availble for promotion this still isn't a good enough sit on a finished recording for six months (especially when the album is out on the net).

I'm starting to think that Mike isn't on speaking terms with his record company (again). Could be he's on a strike of some sorts.

Or the worst case scenarion; think christmas 2008!  :O

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
Qba Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2007, 17:01

Could be Mike is reworking the piece due to the premature album leakage to the Internet. I wouldn't be surprised at all.

--------------
Qba

Endings. Now, endings normally happen at the end.
But as we all know, endings are just beginnings...
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Nov. 16 2007, 17:58

ooooh no  :/
so sad.....

:(

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2007, 18:03

Quote (Qba @ Nov. 16 2007, 17:01)
Could be Mike is reworking the piece due to the premature album leakage to the Internet. I wouldn't be surprised at all.

:/  Yeah ! I had thought of this too .
Profile PM 
captain cavern Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2007, 18:21

I bet the album will be exactly the same as the advance promo version...
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2007, 18:32

Quote (Tubular Tos @ Nov. 17 2007, 00:03)
Quote (Qba @ Nov. 16 2007, 17:01)

:/  Yeah ! I had thought of this too .

you better have right!  :(

:p

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2007, 18:51

Quote (Qba @ Nov. 16 2007, 19:01)

Me also...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2007, 19:07

bonus album with eletric guitars  :D  ????

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
Profile PM WEB 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Nov. 16 2007, 19:19

Could be Mike is reworking the piece

I bet the album will be exactly the same as the advance promo version

I can't imagine a real good reason to rework MOTS - it's fantastic as it is - unless it's to mess with our greedy-pre-release-downloading minds??

bonus album with eletric guitars  :D  ????

Sorta like a reverse TB/Orchestral TB? Orchestral MOTS/Electric MOTS? I like that idea. And it's one for the 'Conspiracy Theories' discussion.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Nov. 16 2007, 19:23

Before any rumours start, I think I can add a few extra pieces of information here.

Mike is definitely on speaking terms with Universal, and they're working together on the release. He is currently settling in Spain and wants a quiet Christmas; he and Fanny also have a baby on the way in January and they want time both to prepare for that and also to get things settled after the birth.

I think as far as the album being on the net goes, the harm has already been done. The same goes with the delay in the release - a few months is already enough of a delay for the hype to die down and not have have such a big effect on sales. Now they've delayed it, it's been leaked and everyone who wants to download it has done so and the Christmas market has been missed, they might as well take the time to work on the release and get a good promotion strategy in place.

The release is now being led by Universal in Europe and will focus on the markets where Mike is biggest - Spain in particular. Mike will however be involved in promotional activities in the UK too.

As far as Mike reworking the album goes...he currently has no studio, and he's going to be busy with the baby. I'm not saying it's impossible, it's just not been mentioned and would be rather difficult for him to achieve at the moment.

Unless anything untoward happens, the release will be in March, just don't take the exact date as gospel, as Universal at least claim not to have settled on one yet.
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Nov. 17 2007, 06:06

:(  :/ So , we just have to remove the MOTS promotional banners of our websites  .  :/  :/
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: Nov. 17 2007, 07:28

Quote (Korgscrew @ Nov. 16 2007, 19:23)
Before any rumours start, I think I can add a few extra pieces of information here.

Mike is definitely on speaking terms with Universal, and they're working together on the release. He is currently settling in Spain and wants a quiet Christmas; he and Fanny also have a baby on the way in January and they want time both to prepare for that and also to get things settled after the birth.

I think as far as the album being on the net goes, the harm has already been done. The same goes with the delay in the release - a few months is already enough of a delay for the hype to die down and not have have such a big effect on sales. Now they've delayed it, it's been leaked and everyone who wants to download it has done so and the Christmas market has been missed, they might as well take the time to work on the release and get a good promotion strategy in place.

The release is now being led by Universal in Europe and will focus on the markets where Mike is biggest - Spain in particular. Mike will however be involved in promotional activities in the UK too.

As far as Mike reworking the album goes...he currently has no studio, and he's going to be busy with the baby. I'm not saying it's impossible, it's just not been mentioned and would be rather difficult for him to achieve at the moment.

Unless anything untoward happens, the release will be in March, just don't take the exact date as gospel, as Universal at least claim not to have settled on one yet.

Thank you for the information, but I for one haven't downloaded the album yet, but now I'm considering doing so.

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
amazarak Offline

Posted: Nov. 17 2007, 10:13

Or maybe a 180g vinyl release is being prepared? :p

cheers

--------------
Just hold your heading true
Got to get your finest out
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Nov. 17 2007, 12:25

:)  ;)  Well , i will wait for his new album anyway ! But maybe and no doubt , that's one of the first time he can do what he wants with a " major " , his long and rich ( artistically speaking ) career is behind him now ( of course i hope it will continue ) but he can take his time now ... I'll wait for his new album and i'll buy it as i've always done  ;) Take your time Mike , i'll wait for your music !  ;)
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: Nov. 17 2007, 16:47

thank god for vangelis in this case. The release of this 3 cd pack album of blade runner will keep my ears busy.
http://tubular.net/forums....;t=7831

Without this is would go crazy...
:p  :O  :laugh:

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
Profile PM WEB 
gbcrvh Offline

Posted: Nov. 17 2007, 16:57

It's a bit unusual to wait for an album that one knows how good it is, but there are so many things in Mike's head now (getting baby and settling down is a big thing) so I can understand that.  This album is very good and I will wait for it with joy.
Profile PM WEB 
Moz Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Nov. 17 2007, 18:11

For those who can't wait, why not listen to some of the Fan Tracks produced by Tubular.net musicians in the meantime? :) There are some excellent composers here, and to make life easier I did a playlist of 10 tracks so you don't even have to download them.  I posted the info info Fan Music Discussion.  :cool:

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Nov. 18 2007, 01:42

I just got an email from Amazon saying my copy will be delivered at the end of March. I did copy it off the internet and then gave my copy away so have decided now to wait until the proper cd arrives before listening to it again, just to add to the excitement of it.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
42 replies since Nov. 16 2007, 11:58 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net