Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Piano/guitar chords for Spanish Tune?, Anyone know these?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
shenry Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 05 2021, 09:45

Trying to play along, and I got as far as D - Bm - C - G... but then it goes to a funny chord I can't quite work out. It's probably something quite simple.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Oct. 06 2021, 00:00

How about K? :laugh:
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: Oct. 06 2021, 04:04

Quote (shenry @ Oct. 05 2021, 09:45)
Trying to play along, and I got as far as D - Bm - C - G... but then it goes to a funny chord I can't quite work out. It's probably something quite simple.

I have trouble finding a few chords, but here's what works when I play along:

D, F#m, C, G, B7(no3d), E (no3d), A#, A

(the two chords with no 3d confuse me, they don't sound quite right with either a minor or major third)

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: Oct. 06 2021, 04:18

It's a great chord sequence, especially the unexpected changes, like the one from F# to C and E to A#. It brings a slight unease to the pastoral idyll and keeps the tune from becoming banal.

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
shenry Offline

Posted: Oct. 06 2021, 06:45

Definitely. I'll try those chords and see. But to my ears the second chord definitely sounded more like Bm than F#m - maybe a combination of both. For such a seemingly simple melody, it's actually quite complex when you start picking it apart.
Profile PM 
SpravyDlas Offline

Posted: July 06 2022, 06:35

You could just tune your guitar like DGDgbd, and everything you play will sound like a Spanish guitar. Just give it a try. I’ve actually tried many tunes, and I’ve torn a lot of strings. But the tune defines everything. So, don’t be afraid of tearing some strings. You need to experiment, and you’ll reach perfection. Btw, guitar picks are important for playing Spanish music. I personally use these ones https://ironageaccessories.com/collections/guitar-picks, so you can try them too. They are actually good and very comfortable to play. So, stay foolish, stay hungry, and play as much as you can.
Profile PM 
5 replies since Oct. 05 2021, 09:45 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net