[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: 5.1 and u-myx versions of Light and Shade< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Blue Dolphin Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 17 2005, 08:16

Quote (raven4x4x @ Aug. 17 2005, 11:26)
Oi!! I can't believe I didn't get Navaira's joke. I must be more stupid than I look.  :)

Perhaps you have to use some Weed 1.0 yourself!! ;) :D

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
James Offline

Posted: Aug. 17 2005, 10:40

Alas Magic Mushrooms will be released around September time However users must apply Caution as they are not currently signed by Microsoft so may not be compatible with your system ! :/
Profile PM 
Navaira Offline

Posted: Aug. 17 2005, 10:54

I thought these were MacOS X only?

--------------
http://www.raygrant.com :: My album 'Exorcism' is out on iTunes now
Profile PM WEB 
christopher Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2005, 23:49

OK... here's what i'd like to know.  who is doing the artwork this time?  and no offense to hans... he has done some amazing artwork... but TL was very unimaginative for someone who does great work!  hope it is more from xcentric (bill smith)  i really like their work!  guitars was one of the best cover and inlay to date.

i do hope it is all up soon... those taped-off-the-radio tracks are wonderful and have grown on me ALOT!!!  so... like all of you i'd like to hear a better randition that is in stereo and full and 5.1 and amazing and i've run out of and's to say.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Aug. 18 2005, 23:57

Quote (christopher @ Aug. 19 2005, 04:49)
TL was very unimaginative for someone who does great work!  hope it is more from xcentric (bill smith)  i really like their work!

Bill Smith Studio also did Tres Lunas...

I believe that Bill Smith is no longer with e-xentric.
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Aug. 19 2005, 00:29

Just the name 'Light and Shade' indicates a fairly simplistic accompanying artwork. Like the one that ToroAcu designed with the Sun coming up from behind the Earth, very beautiful, but simple. If you wanted to have some really eclectic and creative artwork more like ToroAcus 'jellyfish eyeball' thingy, you would need a much more creative album name. Even Quicksilver allows for much more creativity in an accompanying design.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Navaira Offline

Posted: Aug. 19 2005, 03:19

I'd like to see me company, Farrow Design or Peter Saville working for Mike, but somehow I think that won't be happening...

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Aug. 19 2005, 04:08

Quote (raven4x4x @ Aug. 17 2005, 05:26)
Oi!! I can't believe I didn't get Navaira's joke. I must be more stupid than I look.  :)

Why? How do you look?

At least it's not as embarrassing as the brilliant idea I came up with while under the influence! (refer to 'Call me stoned but......' thread)

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Sentinel101 Offline

Posted: Aug. 19 2005, 11:31

Take a look at

http://www.thelongdrop.com/

They make the design and photos for L&S. I think this is great their photography looks awesome !

Regards,

Michael
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Aug. 19 2005, 11:40

To bad the site is is pretty much inaccessible. It basically has a "keep out" sign hung on it. Very bad web design. Someone there thinks that "very light grey on white" is a good idea.

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
Navaira Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2005, 07:59

Oh, I like both the site and the designs displayed (but then, my own site at www.raysown.com is also white and grey...) Hopefully they don't create their first awful sleeve for Mr Oldfield.

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2005, 09:11

They do seem pretty hyper trendy but then again why not? If they are doing the whole CD packaging for him then it may be pretty damm well thought out for a change. It's just a shame Mike couldn't come up with some well thought out track titles to go with it all.
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2005, 09:21

Quote (TOBY @ Aug. 20 2005, 22:11)
It's just a shame Mike couldn't come up with some well thought out track titles to go with it all.

I don't have any problem with the track titles (I love the idea of a track called Nightshade in particular). Anyway, I don't believe you can judge without hearing the music.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Ddave_73 Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2005, 10:27

Track titles are clearly not important hence most of his albums having part 1 , part 2 etc etc

I for one realy dont care what the tracks are called , the music is what realy matters :)
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2005, 11:03

Yeah, this old arguments been had loads of times here and I guess at the end of the day it is the music that counts more than anything. I guess i'm just someone who kind of likes the artistic integrity of shaping how you perceive a track with its title, I do like the creativity involved in shaping with words how a track sounds, engaging the listener a bit more. Thats why I love really well packaged CD's. There's so much more room for being creative there and i really appreciate the extra thought that goes into it. Its the one thing artists like Mike should take heed to because an amazing looking a well produced CD booklet just may make someone buy the CD instead of nicking it off the web.

Anyway Mike's been not to bad in the past at naming tracks but thats two albums in a row where he's named a track after a pet horse. It has to be said Mike wouldn't be the first to have difficulty naming instrumental tracks, I recently read an interview with the Chemical Brothers where they said they find it hard too.
Profile PM 
zinc Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2005, 12:49

Someone was talking about the taped of the radio tracks from the new album. Does anyone have a link to the files to download please.
Thanks a lot
Zinc
Profile PM 
James Offline

Posted: Aug. 20 2005, 19:33

Like to see Mike design ,illustrate his own artwork for this CD whether it be digital or real world art.

I know he did that cool abstract drawing with felt tips etc on Five Miles out.It has more character than some recent highly polished commisioned pieces.

Come on lets see some more of your own art grace your CD covers Mike.

For Zinc those Radio recordings http://www.members.lycos.co.uk/bison4um   :)
Profile PM 
EeToN Offline

Posted: Aug. 21 2005, 19:38

Quote (James @ Aug. 21 2005, 01:33)
I know he did that cool abstract drawing with felt tips etc on Five Miles out.It has more character than some recent highly polished commisioned pieces.

It's a matter of taste. I, for one, don't really like these (hand-made) outlined pictures.

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
theweightless Offline

Posted: Aug. 29 2005, 17:44

come on, where's the mp3's, it's now less than month to go..oh well  :p

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
58 replies since Aug. 13 2005, 17:05 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net