Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: 50th Anniversary, New Roundup< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
qjamesfloyd Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 17 2022, 02:05

With the 50th anniversary of Tubular Bells almost a year away now, I thought this would be a good place to talk about any news relating to it. Firstly, I have noticed that a film is going to be shown at the Cannes Film Festival:

Kaleidoscope Film Distribution celebrates the 50th anniversary of Mike Oldfield’s Tubular Bells, billed as the most successful instrumental album of all time. The Official Tubular Bells 50th Anniversary Live Show And Documentary features a concert, shot at London’s Royal Festival Hall, plus a documentary feature. Both are directed by Matt Hargraves and produced by Martin Gernon.
Profile PM 
AlanMiller Offline

Posted: May 17 2022, 05:48

Kaleidoscope film Distribution - Tubuar Bells 50th Anniversary
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: May 17 2022, 07:42

Thanks for the link, looks like it could be good, I wonder if the interview with Mike is new for this release? I hope so.
Profile PM 
shenry Offline

Posted: May 17 2022, 10:39

I'm guessing the interview with Mike isn't new, or that would have been highlighted in the promotional blurb. My guess would be they have re-used the footage from the 2013 TB documentary with the permission of the BBC.

Might be an idea to ask Tom Newman if he was interviewed for this new doc (the promo blurb mentions him and Richard Branson), as that might be an indicator of whether they are using new interviews or not. Tom is quite active on Facebook and on the Mike Oldfield groups on there.

It would be terrific if this was a new interview with Mike, but I jsut have a feeling it isn't.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: July 11 2022, 04:39

Looks like this is also getting a cinema release:

https://britflix.news/the-tub....-the-uk
Profile PM 
4 replies since May 17 2022, 02:05 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net