Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: 5 years on (give or take), How do you feel about MOTS now?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
seventeen64 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 23 2013, 17:24

Hello!

I was just sat here, listening to Silhouette from the album and reading through posts relating to what people thought of the album when it was first released.

Has the album stayed in your top (or bottom) ranks? Have you retained indifference?

Personally, I find it light compositionally, but that's not a bad thing. I am still very much glad to have this album. 5 years ago, I had that honeymoon period, but it has fallen in the high-mid ranks of albums I regularly listen to.

Any thoughts?  :cool:

--------------
life is not one-dimensional
Profile PM 
kcarr292 Offline

Posted: July 28 2013, 17:22

High  on my list personally.  I think it's the best thing he has done since TBIII.  A lot of the albums he has released since then have seemed a little stale and by numbers to me.  The medium of a live orchestra seemed to invigorate his musical interest and produce a much better work. It flows better, has a more cohesive feel and texturally is more interesting.  Tempest is particularly interesting and inventive.
Profile PM 
seventeen64 Offline

Posted: July 29 2013, 07:09

I like Tempest a lot too, until I saw the film "Anchorman" and the news music was a bit too similar. Still hate that film for spoiling Tempest, but I'm mostly over it now  :D

--------------
life is not one-dimensional
Profile PM 
2 replies since July 23 2013, 17:24 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net