Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: 2010 Tubular Bells II concert, Lobby for a re-run of the Tub2 concert< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ray Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 26 2008, 04:59

I would like to start a nice petition to send to Mike asking him to hold another tubular bells 2 concert in Edinburgh in say 2010.

I'll happily commit to buying some tickets!  I'll even pay upfront.

Ray  :cool:

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Jan. 26 2008, 05:42

As long as he did a better set including other pieces of music, didn't do a dull note for note reproduction of TB2, got a band of session musicians that actually looked like they were enjoying themselves (though Alastair Malloy is excused, at least he was getting into it) and didn't bring back John Gordon Sinclair - I'd sign. I'd certainly sign if it was guaranteed it wouldn't be as cold and windy as last time. Its certainly cold and windy in Edinburgh right now   ;)
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Jan. 26 2008, 07:35

Yes agree - especially about the John Sinclair bit.

--------------
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Jan. 26 2008, 17:38

How about one for us folks darn sarf (translation down south), I'm about 40 miles ouside of London (I hate London)  :p , but will be moving to Warwickshire later this year :)  :D

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Jan. 27 2008, 10:50

All the more reason for you get up to scotland and get some fresh air! :D

I dont know if you have been to Edinburgh but it is worth it even if there is no concert!!!!

Altenatively we could rent the castle and play the DVD on a 50ft screen!!!  Ha!  That would be fun - you may even be able to see that from Londinium?

--------------
Profile PM 
Ebony Offline

Posted: Jan. 27 2008, 12:03

Maybe we could compromise and have the concert somewhere central so it's in the middle of everyone.
...Say, my home town of Nottingham for example.  We have a castle too!

And, Ray, as appealing as a 50 foot Mike sounds, somehow I don't think I'd travel all the way up to Edinburgh to watch a dvd I already own!
:D
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: Jan. 27 2008, 12:33

Quote (Ray @ Jan. 27 2008, 16:50)
Altenatively we could rent the castle and play the DVD on a 50ft screen!!!  

Ray, it is a good idea!

Remember what I did in Geneva last year, so you will understand that I am in!

:cool:

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Jan. 28 2008, 08:11

Quote (Ebony @ Jan. 27 2008, 17:03)
Maybe we could compromise and have the concert somewhere central so it's in the middle of everyone.
...Say, my home town of Nottingham for example.  We have a castle too!

And, Ray, as appealing as a 50 foot Mike sounds, somehow I don't think I'd travel all the way up to Edinburgh to watch a dvd I already own!
:D

Awww come on...... i'l pick you up in my softtop and play Incantations all the way back up the road!

Ha!  Yes it is quite a long way - but I think i'm only joking!  Although that's how things happen sometimes isnt it!!

No way am I comming down to Nottingham with my TUB II DVD - I've seen the Robin Hood video, and that Sheriff Chap - nast peice of work, is he stil in charge!!!  (I use to live near Beston/Toton).

I think it would be a very nice atmosphere - and maybe a few MO fans would turn up for a laugh!

Ray

--------------
Profile PM 
Ebony Offline

Posted: Jan. 28 2008, 15:09

Quote (Ray @ Jan. 28 2008, 13:11)

Awww come on...... i'l pick you up in my softtop and play Incantations all the way back up the road!

Ha!  Yes it is quite a long way - but I think i'm only joking!  Although that's how things happen sometimes isnt it!!

No way am I comming down to Nottingham with my TUB II DVD - I've seen the Robin Hood video, and that Sheriff Chap - nast peice of work, is he stil in charge!!!  (I use to live near Beston/Toton).

I think it would be a very nice atmosphere - and maybe a few MO fans would turn up for a laugh!

Ray

A softtop?  Oooh.  :D   It'll have to be on a nice day then, to take full advantage of the convertible nature of your car.

To be fair, I wouldn't blame you for not going to Nottingham, I wouldn't go there either if I had the choice!  And there is still a Sheriff!  It's only a ceremonial rank now though so he can't do much damage!
It's a small world; when I'm not at uni I live about 10/15 mins away from Toton!

However, back to the dvd on a giant screen, it could actually be quite cool.  Sort of like watching Wimbledon from Henman Hill, only far superior!
:)
Profile PM 
clotty Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Jan. 29 2008, 02:57

Ray

Do you plan to invite the artist formerly know as Jane Siberry (changed her name to Issa - I wonder why?) as the support act again?

--------------
Clotty
Profile PM WEB 
Ray Offline

Posted: Jan. 29 2008, 05:49

No, no support needed - was thinking of inviting the Sherriff of Nottingham to do the vioces at the end - ie Alan Rickman. :D

--------------
Profile PM 
10 replies since Jan. 26 2008, 04:59 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net