Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Aug. 28 2010, 06:10

That would be Me too :D
Profile PM 
anewman Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 28 2010, 19:42

I loved the album's uniqueness when I first heard it on CD. And the whole one track 60 minutes thing to have you listen to the entire piece as an entity rather than just a track here and there. (I was informed Prince [or the artist formerly known as] did the same on some of his albums).

Recorded digitally, sound recording equipment hasn't really advanced all that much since then (well yes it has advanced quite a bit, but not so much as the leap from analogue to digital, unless you have deep pockets for speakers).
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 29 2010, 09:31

Quote (InsideOfYou @ Aug. 27 2010, 20:46)
Seems like the tape was/is the way to go when getting into Amarok! I wonder if anyone who bought it/heard it on CD loved it from the first listen? ;)

Digital download is also good for preparing yourself to it. I was lucky enough to find an mp3 of the whole thing (hidden in a one-page website of Mike O. rarities which I can't find any longer) in 2001, long before I bought the CD, so when I finally did buy the CD it didn't scare me. By the way, count me in among the Amarok-lovers-at-first-listen. Also, see my signature - which I never changed ever since I subscribed here. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Aug. 29 2010, 09:43

I bought mine the week it came out in Australia (exact date still under debate) on CD and cassette and it still blows my mind 20 years on with my favorite bit being from 51:17 to 51:35, has been for years possibly imo Mikes finest 18 seconds ever and daring a thread crossover this begs to be played BLOODY loud.  :)
Profile PM 
24 replies since Jan. 01 2010, 20:05 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net