Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 3 4 [5] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: 10 Albums You Can't Live Without, What are forum members top 10 albums?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
wiga Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 09 2009, 02:20

Well I don't like the sound of that - a bunch of us on the island like,  "Lord of The Flies"  and there's been some "Lord of the Flies" moments on this forum in the past - poor Piggy.   :D  No thanks, think I'd rather be on my own, or perhaps with a "Friend Friday."

Swiss Family Tubes conjures up a better happy "paradise" feel, and the kindness and generousity of spirit that prevails as we swop tunes. Yes Dirk you can borrow Gerry Rafferty, if I can borrow your XTC (with "Nigel" track).

Anyone want to borrow my "Saturday Night Fever" - just ask - a good tune for strutting round and round the island.

"Whether you're a brother or whether you're a mother ...
You're stayin alive, stayin alive ...
Ah ha ha ha stayin alive stayin alive
Ah ha ha ha stayin aaalllllliiiiiiivvvvvvveeee

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Aug. 09 2009, 05:10

I love to see threads fray. There is a limited longevity to threads involving "fav lists". I particularly enjoy these....

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Aug. 09 2009, 07:50

Quote (wiga @ Aug. 09 2009, 02:20)
Anyone want to borrow my "Saturday Night Fever" - just ask - a good tune for strutting round and round the island.

"Whether you're a brother or whether you're a mother ...
You're stayin alive, stayin alive ...
Ah ha ha ha stayin alive stayin alive
Ah ha ha ha stayin aaalllllliiiiiiivvvvvvveeee

"Just keep eating plenty of fruit."

- Lady Chiddingfold, Murder at Moorstone's Manor.
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Aug. 09 2009, 22:02

Mmm......Lord of the Flies, yikes. Yeah, let's here it for Swiss Family R or Gilligan, fruit, chocolate, and, oh I suppose, even disco. :D  Someone is bringing Platinum,too, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfR7qxtgCgY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s-yIXydyGw (the ukelele version, haha)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cNN5zwEcXM

(In case you've not heard of Gilligan's Island.) Bad, bad, bad! But...just think of the phun. :D :D :D

[ed. to fix links]

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2009, 00:04

I felt sure Ginger`s gown was gonna` set ablaze there in that Hamlet clip.,,"For pity`s sake will someone please remove that God awful music from the wind up gramaphone,and put on some Platinum pronto! " ..Ooops sorry I forgot to blow on the conch shell first..PAAARP!..Oh no we`re not doing Lord Of The Flies are we,err yeah forget I even mentioned it..

Although for anybody who is a regular viewer of Spongebob Squarepants,they will know that Conch Shells of the magic variety are certainly worth having about your person.Most particularly when stranded such as on a desert island..Mmm maybe they only work underwater though?Plus you`ve gotta` have a little faith in them as well of course.Aaah poor old Squidward.

I think that`s the first time I`ve actualy seen Gilligan`s Island.I can`t be certain though it may have been on when I was a kid and I`ve completely obliterated it from my memory banks.I have seen a version of it however.Although I must confess it`s not really the kind of thing you`re ever likely to see on national television.Certainly not before the watershed that`s for sure.And by watershed I mean the day the apes take over the planet and it gets shown on their version of the discovery channel.Gianna looks really hot in a red wig though.. Oh my God he even remembers their names,that`s not a good sign.

Old black and white dubbed/European version of Robinson Crusoe on the other hand.Yeah I think every person of a certain age in this country will remember that.Even if they can only remember the music there,and those waves crashing against the shoreline.When I was about 9/10 years old they broadcast that show every morning during the summer holidays at about 9:30.And then just as it was nearing the end of the series and entering it`s final week..Yeah I had to go back to bloody school,man was I pissed.For all I know he and Friday may well be stuck there to this very day.Plus you`ve gotta think this was way back in about 1975.I mean Platinum was`nt even released back then that`s how bad it would have been for them.
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2009, 02:24

Quote (Dirk Star @ Aug. 10 2009, 00:04)
Old black and white dubbed/European version of Robinson Crusoe on the other hand.Yeah I think every person of a certain age in this country will remember that.Even if they can only remember the music there,and those waves crashing against the shoreline.When I was about 9/10 years old they broadcast that show every morning during the summer holidays at about 9:30.And then just as it was nearing the end of the series and entering it`s final week..Yeah I had to go back to bloody school,man was I pissed.For all I know he and Friday may well be stuck there to this very day.Plus you`ve gotta think this was way back in about 1975.I mean Platinum was`nt even released back then that`s how bad it would have been for them.

I remember that nice intro tune.

Robinson Crusoe

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2009, 07:00

Quote (Inkanta @ Aug. 10 2009, 02:02)
Mmm......Lord of the Flies, yikes. Yeah, let's here it for Swiss Family R or Gilligan, fruit, chocolate, and, oh I suppose, even disco. :D  Someone is bringing Platinum,too, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfR7qxtgCgY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s-yIXydyGw (the ukelele version, haha)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cNN5zwEcXM

(In case you've not heard of Gilligan's Island.) Bad, bad, bad! But...just think of the phun. :D :D :D

[ed. to fix links]

Hey that guy in the Hamlet version looks a bit like Eric Morecambe, and is Hamlet played by Ernie Wise???? :/

However I wasn't really a great fan of Eric and Ernie, I did try wathing them, but when it comes to comedy double acts give me Stan and Ollie :laugh:  :D .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8GtPN4tApQ

Or this one from another comic genius "Four Candles" no Fork handles, handles for forks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu9MptWyCB8

:D  :laugh:

Oh yes Fruit and Nut, I don't know why Cadbury's don't do a version with dark chocolate, as I prefer that to milk. On second thoughts, no as I'd have to give myself a good beasting, as i'm on a fitness kick.  I did say one day  to my fella that i would make it up the Pen-y-Fan , with the intention of raising money for The Royal British Legion/Help For Heroes/Combat Stress. I'm a volunteer welfare worker for the RBL
http://www.walkscene.co.uk/map_vie....ch.html

I know the Pen-Y_Fan is used for SAS training and selection, yes the most toughest training in the British Army, so few get to wear the beige beret. One day I'd like  to attempt "The Long Drag", or at least "The Fan Dance" to raise funds as above, maybe I'll be the first civvy to complete  The Long Drag. Yes I knonw I'm nuts that's why I set up suh challenges.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2009, 07:09

RE: Ginger's gown. Already had a plan for that decades ago......I better shut up while I should.....

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Chris Ibberson Offline

Posted: Aug. 13 2011, 17:28

The Top Ten?  
1.Vespertine-Bjork UNISON, PAGAN POETRY,HEIRLOOM
2.Ommadawn-Mike
3.H to He-Van Der Graaf
4.Moon Safari-Air
5.Incantations-Mike
6.Fleet Foxes-Fleet Foxes
7.Two Suns-Bat For Lashes
8.Yes-Close To The Edge
9.Scheherazade-Renaissance
10.Symphony Of Sorrowful Songs-H Gorecki/Dawn Upshaw/London Sinfonietta.

--------------
Diana Luna Lucina
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Aug. 14 2011, 01:55

"9.Scheherazade-Renaissance"
    That there......yessir....that was a good one.

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Aug. 17 2011, 17:21

1. Amarok : Mike.
2. Exposed : Mike.
3. Pulse : Pink Floyd.
4. Back in the U.S : Paul McCartney.
5. Electronic : Electronic.
6. Hergest Ridge : Mike.
7. 5150 : Van Halen.
8. Marching to Mars : Sammy Hagar.
9. DS of the M : Pink Floyd.
10. Band on the Run : Wings.

Subject to weekly change  :)
Profile PM 
90 replies since July 27 2009, 19:46 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 3 4 [5] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net