Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Update at mikeoldfield.com< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 30 2004, 15:22

mikeoldfield.com has now been updated with a new design, including a section on Maestro, the new Tube World game (with a downloadable demo). Also new is a forum for discussion and technical support.

Mike is now planning his next album, of "simple atmospheres and melodies".

15 February - The Maestro page has been updated to include promotional information on the game. The price will be £14.95 to download, or £18.00 including postage and packing via mail.

26 May - Mike mentions on his forum that he is working on the new album using many new tools and techniques, and that he thinks "you will be surprised and [...] delighted with the finished work"
Profile PM 
geinoh Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 30 2004, 15:43

"Now starting to think about the new album. I will probably do it all myself without an assistant and I think it will be
quit minimal. Just  simple atmospheres and melodies. "

Mike
-----------------------------------------------------------

Hu, I'm worry. I was very so disapointed when he released TresLunas and Millenium Bell. Few notes and not great tracks like Amarok or 5Mile Out. Is he tired? Now Mike make a game.
Bouh, where the music ?
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Jan. 30 2004, 16:47

The design is much better. A bit over the top perhaps but fits my current mood (just been watching Matrix Reloaded today ;)). "Maestro" is a really bad name. After all those suggestions couldn't he come up with anything better? "Quite minimal, just simple atmospheres and melodies" could pretty much mean anything. Could be reason for worry or for hope. I guess we'll just have to wait.
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Jan. 30 2004, 16:56

Errmm... did the forums seem similar to anybody? Best design is still best design.
But what a relief to see the new updates after so long. Well worth the wait.

Just one hint, i had www.mike-oldfield.com (with a hyphen) saved in favourites. It is still there, but the old site. Don't be mislead by pale imitations.

:D

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
bugular tell Offline

Posted: Jan. 30 2004, 16:59

I like the new design, makes it feel more like a fan website rather than a boring ole web page!  :D

looking forward to the games release, heres hoping that its not all TB2003 music in the game tho.

regarding the new album, i would like to see Mike get back to his roots, and bring us the earthy feel of his music from the 70's through to the mid 80's, all that had so much more feeling and actually made the listener want to hear more, although i like all of Mike's doscography it does seem to lose its passion after a certain point, anyway heres hoping that the new project will capture the old mike but with up to date recording equipment!  :cool:

--------------
Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Profile PM 
oldfield_fan Offline

Posted: Jan. 30 2004, 18:17

Yes, yes nice website! But what do you think about the music in the game?? And did anyone find all the bells? =)
Profile PM 
EnricB
Unregistered

Posted: Jan. 31 2004, 06:20

:) The demo and the music are great!!!
I find all the bells.
The website is nice, but the cover of the game... :/
Bastian Offline

Posted: Jan. 31 2004, 06:49

I also think that the new website looks better than the old one. But unfortunately on my Linux machine with Mozilla all text (at thr bottom of the screen) is misplaced and very hard to read. :(

--------------
Bastian
-==Take a walk until the next dawn ==-
-== In the winter, rain and storms  ==-
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Jan. 31 2004, 07:38

Fanny did a cool job to give MikeOldfield.com a real boost.Liked the Flash thingies a lot,as well as the design.
Worth the wait,and I´m sure new stuff will be online soon!
Congrats!

About Mike´s new album...
Well,Mike is now on a period of his life that he´s kinda of relaxed and zen.His choice of to compose simple melodies and atmospheres reflect his new state of mind.I´ve seen prog rock musicians who did a great job when they chose to work on simple music stuff like Mike´s idea.So why not Mike?

When Mike composed his long instrumental songs(TB,HR,Ommadawn,Incantations,Amarok),his inside was in conflict,into a real emotional rollercoaster,as well as his personal life.Of course I like so much this,but trying to ask Mike to bring back musically the emotional rollercoaster from those albums most of us love and enjoy so much,it can be a personal disaster.Force him to envoke tempo changes,sudden musical atmospheres' changes won´t be good for him.If he feels now that a simple album like he´s thinking now at the moment is what he want´s to do,just let Mike do it!

Critizing him before the final result is not fair.How many of you were shocked when The Songs of Distant Earth came out,with a different Mike with those eletronic and futuristic sounds and no acoustic instruments?
Hey,give Mikey Boy a chance again!

I´ve noticed a emotional difference between Mike´s playing on TB and TB 2003,TB 2003 is far more happy than the original.I don´t if you noticed,but I got it  ;) ,and I personally prefer TB 2003 in terms of emotions,although the music is the same with some bits of difference.

I´m sure Mike will read this,so...
Do what you feel inside you heart,if you wanna do your next album with just simple atmospheres and melodies,go on!
Just remember that lines from To Be Free,
"´cos I´m me
doing just fine".

My pennies on.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
timshen Offline

Posted: Jan. 31 2004, 11:29

The new web design is great - love the spacey feel and the flash headers are cool :-) Well done!

As for the game demo - love getting all the bells and then going into the huge cavern area with the golden birds in the cages on the pillars, the silver man etc.. and then flying with the cool dragon thing. Also love the hall area with floating steps that you get to by going into the head of the silver bell end sticking out of the ground!

At one stage I had a key appear at the top right but could not figure out what that was for! Anyone used this?

Unfortunatly I cannot get any of the music - I get the throwing sounds and hear the flying things, but the music doesn't work for some reason (since I installed Win XP) - anyone can help me here?

Can anyone make the music available as downloads? Would appreciate that  :D

All in all, some more creative fun to keep us going!

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
merlin2k1 Offline

Posted: Jan. 31 2004, 21:25

>Mike is now planning his next album, of "simple atmospheres and melodies".<

Great...How about simple notes and MUSIC.  We don't need another Music from the Balcony, or bee farts in beer cans.

--------------
Bruce
Profile PM WEB 
Fox Offline

Posted: Jan. 31 2004, 21:38

When I try to dl the demo, I get an error saying "Connection To The Server Has Been Reset".  Anyone know how I can set up a download manager to fetch it?  Or are there any mirrors of the demo?
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 01 2004, 05:20

Quote (merlin2k1 @ Feb. 01 2004, 02:25)
We don't need another Music from the Balcony, or bee farts in beer cans.

You know, I'd not even considered that he might have that in mind - I'd assumed he was probably thinking of something along the lines of Tres Lunas (or 'Voyager without the celtic stuff', as I've said to some people ;)).
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2004, 09:52

Timshen, the key is found in a trunk in  pool in a black cave near the silver statue. Follow the dragon. With the key you can free the birds from their cages.

No idea what happens next. :D

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Greg Dyke
Unregistered

Posted: Feb. 01 2004, 10:27

Hey Fox

Im getting that message also.Perhaops its due to the volume of people trying to get hold of it via the slower 56k route. :(  :O  :(  :O  :(
Bubular Tells Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2004, 11:26

Timshen, I got the same problem as you. You can hear the normal noises but the music isn't audible (or very faint). However this only happens on my laptop, on my desktop computer everything works fine and they both run Windows Xp. So it's probably the soundcard which isn't fully supported.

Game Tip: You can get to another world by going into one of the tubes that are planted in the ground. There's one in the caves and another one in the area with the bird cages.
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2004, 23:34

Thanks All,
Have got the demo working with sound now after updating my sound driver (Avance AC97). Thanks OlracUK - I managed to release the birds to the best music (IMHO) on the demo. But after that?

Anyne found any avatars? I found a hang glider at the bottom of the floating steps but that's about it.

Also, in the floating steps place is there only suppose to be 'clicks' for music or is something wrong?

Tim :cool:

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Dave
Unregistered

Posted: Feb. 02 2004, 05:58

I'd support Mike's direction for his new album. I loved Muse from Guitars, and if this is what Mike want's to do for an album, I'd love to hear it. With Alphawaves anyone ?
Fox Offline

Posted: Feb. 02 2004, 22:12

Played the demo.  Great music.  I want this game!  I wouldn't mind another album like Tres Lunas either.  If the music in his next album will be anything like what's in the demo so far, play on!
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Feb. 03 2004, 12:18

Whoa man, I was so impressed (and maybe under some influences ;)) that I've flown out of the tunnel! Dude!

Tunnel

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
49 replies since Jan. 30 2004, 15:22 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net