Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular.Net Showcase No.3, Beneath The Waves & Above The Clouds< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
4thEden Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 12 2012, 15:09

OK, this theme will hopefully conjure up ocean music and space music... so it's up to you what you come up with but if you want to include a Fairlight or 2 then that's cool!

So a track can inspire both sea and space in one track or keep it separate. Make sure the title reflects the theme i.e. "Ocean Waves" or "Looking Up Uranus" ... you get the picture....

Don't care what it sounds like all genres will be fine as long as you explore the idea of oceans/sea and space...

Obviously me ol' mate Mikey 'ad a crack at this theme with 'Songs Of Distant Earth'.. not a bad effort I must say.... oh come to think of it he did this little album called 'QE2' as well... so the little toe rag has already done this theme...

btw... I will probably not be entering this time as I'm taking time out from writing as inspiration is lacking a tad... so go on surprise me!!!

--------------
Composin' until I'm decomposin'

http://soundcloud.com/quietman
www.4th-Eden.com
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Feb. 12 2012, 15:21

:O ...err ? didn't understood , sorry ! one or two tracks ? i understood one about ocean and one about space .

:D ok for the fairlight ... :D

A pity ! you're the boss for these showcases so you should show the example for us !  ;)
Profile PM 
4thEden Offline

Posted: Feb. 12 2012, 15:27

Quote (Tubular Tos @ Feb. 12 2012, 15:21)
:O ...err ? didn't understood , sorry ! one or two tracks ? i understood one about ocean and one about space .

:D ok for the fairlight ... :D

A pity ! you're the boss for these showcases so you should show the example for us !  ;)

Sorry.. Phil

Mojo.. gone.... so I'm going to do other things for a while like read a book or two!

Just one track is fine either for sea theme or a space theme...

--------------

www.4th-Eden.com
Profile PM 
4thEden Offline

Posted: Feb. 12 2012, 15:28

oh sorry... the deadline will be 25th March... that's 6 weeks...

--------------

www.4th-Eden.com
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Feb. 12 2012, 16:17

;) Ok i'm going to try to make one but with both themes in it ! ....i mean for example starting with ocean theme and finish the track with the space one ....or vice versa !
Profile PM 
Jesse Offline

Posted: Feb. 12 2012, 16:20

How do I enter? :) I got a great space and ocean tune :P
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Feb. 12 2012, 18:23

;) ..it would be better if you could do a new track and not use one from your existing tracks . then upload it on Soundcloud.com and share the link in this topic...  ;)
Profile PM 
Jesse Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2012, 16:22

allrighty :)

So the rule is: it has to be created for this showcase exclusive?
Profile PM 
Ginger Daddy Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2012, 17:09

Quote (Jesse @ Feb. 15 2012, 21:22)

I think the preference is that it is created for the showcase, primarily because the showcase is supposed to push people into doing something new that they may not ordinarily do.

I missed out on the second showcase because I've been working approximately 80 hours a week (and the only music time I had was spent on mastering my new album) but I do plan on writing something new for this showcase.

Of course once you've created it for the showcase and shared it with everyone on here there's nothing to stop you taking the track and making it part of your next album, or doing whatever you want with it.

Better stop waffling...

Cheers,
Terry.

--------------
http://purplerhapsody.co.uk - no words, just emotions
Profile PM WEB 
4thEden Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2012, 17:24

Quote (Jesse @ Feb. 15 2012, 16:22)

yep, Terry's spot on... The idea is to try and start with a blank canvas with nothing you've started before... and meld it into the theme on offer ....

--------------

www.4th-Eden.com
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Feb. 29 2012, 15:59

:p  :) Waouhhh !!! I'm working so hard on a track .........and i think the result will be nice ! ...... a  "long" track with 3 distinctive parts . ...no guits for this time or maybe just one only to sustain a synth melody ....

;)
Profile PM 
4thEden Offline

Posted: Feb. 29 2012, 18:29

Quote (Tubular Tos @ Feb. 29 2012, 15:59)
:p  :) Waouhhh !!! I'm working so hard on a track .........and i think the result will be nice ! ...... a  "long" track with 3 distinctive parts . ...no guits for this time or maybe just one only to sustain a synth melody ....

;)

well... I might sneak a track in time permitting... started writing agian... I'm working on a collab track at the moment which hopefully will be pretty special....

--------------

www.4th-Eden.com
Profile PM 
oblique Offline

Posted: Mar. 08 2012, 18:00

My contribution for Showcase III can be found at my Soundcloud page called Mare Nubium.
Enjoy (or not).

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Mar. 08 2012, 20:53

Quote (oblique @ Mar. 09 2012, 00:00)
My contribution for Showcase III can be found at my Soundcloud page called Mare Nubium.
Enjoy (or not).

;) I like it ! Comments on your Soundcloud !
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Mar. 08 2012, 21:29

I like it too :) Comments left as well.

I'm just finishing my next track, just have to master it and I'll provide an excerpt for the showcase.  

It was quite a journey this one it clocks in at over 12 mins and I'm very happy with it :).
I'm also dedicating it to my good friend Philippe who has been a big inspiration for me  :cool:
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Mar. 08 2012, 22:35

:) Hey Thank you so much Cameron ! I'm waiting for it ! 5 am here in France and not sleeping yet ...working hard on my track ...! Today it will be hard to drive my truck .... :zzz:  :zzz:

:D
Profile PM 
4thEden Offline

Posted: Mar. 09 2012, 15:39

Quote (oblique @ Mar. 08 2012, 18:00)
Enjoy (or not).

great ambient track mark... up in the showcase...

Showcase 3

--------------

www.4th-Eden.com
Profile PM 
oblique Offline

Posted: Mar. 09 2012, 16:34

Thanks for the compliments guys.
It means i'm making progress.
Much appreciated.

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Mar. 19 2012, 16:40

:)  ;)

Ok mine is finished and as i'm good boy i've also finished the one initially created for showcase n°2 (... finished but just one guitar no two like it should have been ..)

So track for showcase 3 is about 28 minutes non stop music and the one for showcase 2 is about 5 minutes .

i slept only two hours last night so this evening i'm very very tireeeeeed ! So i'm sorry but i'll do the uploads tomorrow as soon as possible !

Stay tuned !
Profile PM 
oblique Offline

Posted: Mar. 20 2012, 07:12

@tubular tos: Two hours of sleep? You really should give Fanny some more rest!  ;)

--------------
Profile PM 
31 replies since Feb. 12 2012, 15:09 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net