[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (45) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Net 2011, The Album< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 14 2011, 06:49

Quote (milamber @ Jan. 14 2011, 05:36)
Also it would be great if once finished we could find a way to get a copy to Mike, after the "Finale" he suggested we try something original and seemed interested enough to want to hear it.

I understand some of the moderators (eg Korgscrew) have been or are in touch with Mike, so perhaps that would be an easy channel of communication.
Profile PM 
Ginger Daddy Offline

Posted: Jan. 14 2011, 08:24

This all sounds like a great idea! Count me in for possible acceptance of my meagre efforts.

I'm really not good at doing covers so it would be something original - I'm more than happy to contribute anything from any of my albums or to write something completely new just for this project.

I'll follow this discussion but if anyone's keeping notes... I'm in!

Cheers,
Terry.

--------------
http://purplerhapsody.co.uk - no words, just emotions
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Jan. 14 2011, 08:59

Quote (milamber @ Jan. 14 2011, 12:05)
Quote (Tubularman @ Jan. 14 2011, 10:17)
im interested!! :) nice idea!!
:cool: have lot of ideas and many remixes!

Hi Tubularman.
I've been a big fan of your remixes for a couple of years now,long before I joined the forum.
Really great work and your CD presentation is second to none.

I suppose with all artists just put up a track that best represents your talent or has a special meaning to you.

ok, i will go though my disk and see what i have..
there is so much of it :D bounch of mixes that never saw the light and i have made many mixes ealier.. but back then i hade not much of knowlegde of mp3 and music files so there is many mixes with very low mp3 quality.. but no need for cry.. just had to re do them :)

thank you btw for enjoy my mixes :) very nice to hear that..

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Jan. 14 2011, 09:15

By the way, I have all my compositions in FLAC format in my computer, so you folks don't need to depend on MP3 lossy files. :)

And the kind words about the floods in here are very much appreciated. I am not endangered in any way; my city has had some severe rain on the last few days, but that's nothing compared to the tragedies in Rio de Janeiro. But it's all very hard to take for all of us, so thank you.

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
bee Offline

Posted: Jan. 14 2011, 12:34

I downloaded some music by someone on here a few years ago, but have forgotten his name...as soon as I see it I will remember it (sorry) but I have it on my ipod as Tihon Tibor  if that means anything to anyone?

I have three tracks and I really love them, I listen to them a lot they are called Message of the Forest,  Morning and A floating Rose ( a real favourite )

I have the tracks in my Itunes library but don't know if I can upload them to here...I am using a mac btw ( and I love it )  if that makes a difference?

How are we ever going to choose these, it's going to be so hard, they are all worthy. Make it a double?!

Hope someone can remember something and track him down...he used to post a lot here I am sure. :)

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Jesse Offline

Posted: Jan. 14 2011, 13:15

I think I would either send in a part of the fusion or a part of timeless. i am in :D
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Jan. 14 2011, 14:07

I have just remembered who my nominee is!
EeToN

I will send a PM to ask him to read this thread

Also Brandon Blume was good if I remember...so glad Tubularman is here too
:)

--------------

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Jan. 14 2011, 18:45

Quote (milamber @ Jan. 14 2011, 11:34)
Like most musicians TT, we are all hyper critical of our own work.
I think your Beautiful Unknown Chant would be an excellent addition and can proudly sit alongside anything posted here.
The same goes for your latest One from the VR Games.

Yes the floods have been terrible although I am nowhere near them I have family in Queensland ,in fact my Aunt was airlifted to safety the other day.

:) Ok if you think it could take part in the album so why not .
..maybe before i should rework the track to try to get a better sound !

And for the one from Vr Game well just add it as a remix .  :D
Profile PM 
dreamland Offline

Posted: Jan. 14 2011, 20:29

Thanks for the invite, count me in.

It'll be a new track - already kicking around a few ideas.
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Jan. 15 2011, 13:56

thinking about the title...I keep coming back to Collaborations, but that's been done before by someone! ( it is what this would be though, if you think about it )

other things... it's to do with inspiration, bringing ideas together, bringing people together, thought, linking, unity, opportunity, honour, a mark in time, a Mike in time ( even )

will there be parentheses in the title? :)

just rambling, better stop now

--------------

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Jan. 15 2011, 14:23

...something to do with ravens maybe? following on from the idea of thought and memory in Milamber's post in the Words of Wisdom thread

--------------

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Jan. 15 2011, 15:03

:/ ...  and what do you think about  " Heritage " ? ...ok i've already used this title on a track of mine but i think this is really what we are ... Mike Oldfield's Heritage !

:D EDIT :

..like Dreamland i'm making something new for this event hope i ll get the time to finish the track before the release of the album.
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Jan. 15 2011, 15:31

I think a release date is still way off.
Once the muso's have  selected (or wrote and composed) their song(s) we still have a way to go sorting album art ,layout and such
and a decision has to be made on which format the songs should be for the download is Mp3 acceptable ?

I'm not too familiar with Flac files Sir M are they better quality than say a Wav file?

Also most once its released may just upload to iTunes or WMP .

I always prefer to have a physical CD in my hands and for the collection.

And no the physical line is not a reference to Olivia Newton John :)

I like your train of thought Bee and TT :D
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Jan. 15 2011, 15:42

Ginger Daddy, Jessie and Dreamland  excellent to have you guy's on board  :D
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Jan. 15 2011, 16:21

tintinnabulation ?....tintinnabuli ? (something about a bell on a pole :D)

Karl Jenkin's has Tintinnabulum...perhaps too similar, but it is  Latin for 'bell'...what is latin for tubular...

I think shorter words are best

what about Angelus? ...good will & sound of bell etc

heritage is good Tubular Tos

--------------

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Jan. 15 2011, 18:22

@ bee: "Tintinnabulum" is not Latin for anything, it's an invented word. If it means anything, it may be a place where bells ring, not bells themselves.

@ Milamber: FLACs are better than WAVs only because they're slightly smaller. Otherwise, they're the same quality. Some commercially distributed FLACs, like the ones in the apple-shaped USB key containing the entire output of The Beatles [i.e. this one], are even better than CD tracks, because they are encoded in 24bit audio.

On topic, I think I can allow myself to be a little bit pessimistic here, as I don't think such an album will ever happen. The people who may be involved are too many and too far apart from each other. It would take some external presence [ahem, I'm being vaguely post-structuralist here... :D] to coordinate it all and actually put it together. The Finale project turned out really good because there was such a presence - namely, Mr. Richard Carter a.k.a. Korgscrew. But all this talk happening here about an album of fans' music seems to me still too far up in the air to actually happen anywhere in the near future.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Jan. 15 2011, 18:31

Quote (Ugo @ Jan. 15 2011, 18:22)
@ bee: "Tintinnabulum" is not Latin for anything, it's an invented word. If it means anything, it may be a place where bells ring, not bells themselves.

@ Milamber: FLACs are better than WAVs only because they're slightly smaller. Otherwise, they're the same quality. Some commercially distributed FLACs, like the ones in the apple-shaped USB key containing the entire output of The Beatles [i.e. this one], are even better than CD tracks, because they are encoded in 24bit audio.

On topic, I think I can allow myself to be a little bit pessimistic here, as I don't think such an album will ever happen. The people who may be involved are too many and too far apart from each other. It would take some external presence [ahem, I'm being vaguely post-structuralist here... :D] to coordinate it all and actually put it together. The Finale project turned out really good because there was such a presence - namely, Mr. Richard Carter a.k.a. Korgscrew. But all this talk happening here about an album of fans' music seems to me still too far up in the air to actually happen anywhere in the near future.

Sir M and I had a discussion of the word "lossless" in flac some time ago.

As for the title: Coral Ear on the Santa Maria?   :laugh:
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Jan. 15 2011, 18:32

Quote (Ugo @ Jan. 15 2011, 18:22)

i just saw it in my Latin dictionary so I thought it might be right...don't tell me books are wrong AS WELL as Wikipedia, whatever will we do!!!

It was just a thought :/

--------------

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Jan. 15 2011, 18:41

@ Bee: sorry, you were right. It is an actual Latin word - Pliny the Elder used it. But it doesn't mean "bell". It means "jingle" or "rattle" - that sort of very small sperical tinkling bell usually worn by cats on their collar. Mine has one. :) As for books vs. Wikipedia, I always thought that it's referring to the former before referring to the latter. That website's inaccuracy has been proven many times... even if I'm an affectionate user of it and contributor to it. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Jan. 15 2011, 18:44

I'm here Ugo so I can see it working :D
Besides Korgs AWOL these days
Besides being a compilation the logistics are more simple than the Finale project.
Have faith brother and submit a Umyx track :laugh:
Profile PM 
899 replies since Jan. 11 2011, 21:18 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (45) < 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net