Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (21) < 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells Ultimate Edition problems< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Scatterplot Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 04 2009, 00:50

People are! Hehehehehhhhhhhhh. There's already flac and mp3 versions out there too easily found. Hehhhhhhehhhhehheheehhhhhh. Enough hysterical laughing Jim, cripes. Get a grip man. Heh.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: July 04 2009, 01:02

I went back and looked at some of your photos. Sad indeed. Take one of those LP's and use a Discwasher on it well with genuine Discwasher fluid of course, play it into your PC(s) and make a .wav file(well, 2, one for each side). I'll clean that sucker up for you. Hope that helps some.....

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
amarok90 Offline

Posted: July 04 2009, 05:33

I am in the same situation as Tubular Trekkie, I have just looked at my vinyl , (I have no way of playing it ) and the condition is deadful !!!

I feel sorry for the good people who have either not yet received  their Ultimate signed copy or have received a damaged copy , I cannot understand why Universal Records are not screaming from the rooftops over this, and when the next re-master is released they will have to take another look at the distribution system. I can only assume that no-one at Universal gives a damn, as they think we will put up with anything that they throw at us.

Best wishes

Alan
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: July 04 2009, 05:52

Quote (amarok90 @ July 04 2009, 10:33)
I am in the same situation as Tubular Trekkie, I have just looked at my vinyl , (I have no way of playing it ) and the condition is deadful !!!

I feel sorry for the good people who have either not yet received  their Ultimate signed copy or have received a damaged copy , I cannot understand why Universal Records are not screaming from the rooftops over this, and when the next re-master is released they will have to take another look at the distribution system. I can only assume that no-one at Universal gives a damn, as they think we will put up with anything that they throw at us.

Best wishes

Alan

Indeed.

I am given to thinking that Universal have seen this as an easy way of making money out of the die-hard fanbase, with very little effort or care taken on their part to do so. A fancy box, a few 'goodies', a vinyl to give it 'kudos' (shame it's not produced and handled properly! ) and a signed piece of paper - yep that'll do  :p  And who gives a damn about customer service, condition or actual quality, eh? They've already taken everyone's money...

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: July 04 2009, 07:22

They're not screaming from the rooftops about the damaged vinyl because very few people have reported it to them so far. If anyone who has noticed anything of the sort, send us pictures. We'll need to prove that there's a general trend, rather than just a couple one off cases, before anything can be done to make sure it doesn't happen to future copies. This has already happened in the case of the packaging - we provided proof of a number of cases where there had been similar issues, they realised there was a weakness in the design and they will now be using a different type for all future copies which are shipped.

Everyone who has reported damage so far (aside from those who contacted use on Friday - hopefully their cases will be dealt with next week) has been promised a replacement, so it's in no way a case of Universal taking the money then turning their backs when problems appear.

So...send us some pictures and we'll see what can be done.
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: July 04 2009, 09:00

Quote (Korgscrew @ July 04 2009, 13:22)
They're not screaming from the rooftops about the damaged vinyl because very few people have reported it to them so far. If anyone who has noticed anything of the sort, send us pictures. We'll need to prove that there's a general trend, rather than just a couple one off cases, before anything can be done to make sure it doesn't happen to future copies. This has already happened in the case of the packaging - we provided proof of a number of cases where there had been similar issues, they realised there was a weakness in the design and they will now be using a different type for all future copies which are shipped.

Everyone who has reported damage so far (aside from those who contacted use on Friday - hopefully their cases will be dealt with next week) has been promised a replacement, so it's in no way a case of Universal taking the money then turning their backs when problems appear.

Korgscrew...

All the people who have bought the Ultimate box have the same marks as you are speaking here...

The fans in Spain have the same problems and I confirm that mine have the same damages as the ones in the picture of Willem...

Believe me, all the vinyls are the same!

:/

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: July 04 2009, 10:57

Quote (yanouch65 @ July 04 2009, 14:00)
Quote (Korgscrew @ July 04 2009, 13:22)

Korgscrew...

All the people who have bought the Ultimate box have the same marks as you are speaking here...

The fans in Spain have the same problems and I confirm that mine have the same damages as the ones in the picture of Willem...

:/

Yes, the condition of my vinyl copy is exactly like that shown by Willem's photos. I can't play it to verify if it causes problems with playback as don't have a turntable. Visually though I'd say the playing surface is well, to put it bluntly, rather crap!

Korgscrew - I wasn't aware that replacements have been promised to folks with problems. Is that just the vinyl albums only or the entire UE set (where these have been received damaged)?  I must say at this point I'm deeply skeptical about any replacement items being delivered (a) promptly and efficiently and (b) well packaged and in pristine condition. I appreciate that you're doing what you can to sort things out, but all these problems really are quite serious - making sure they don't occur in future is great - but I think Universal and/or CID needs to go a bit further than that to regain people's confidence.

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: July 04 2009, 13:05

Quote (tubular_trekkie @ July 04 2009, 10:57)
all these problems really are quite serious

I would say serious enough for Universal to be dealing with it's customers directly now. They are basically the manufacturer, and therefore should be expresssing real concern and dealing very directly with each customer.

Korgscrew, I sense that you have taken on a go-between position whereby you're trying to keep both sides happy, but the way I see it Universal, (like any other manufacturer) need their arses kicking by the customer when they don't deliver. Universal need to take the numerous complaints seriously - and say that they do. So far they haven't ackowledged all the cock ups that have gone on and people quite rightly feel their concerns have been minimised.    

I see that it's Universal that needs to shoulder all of this themselves. They have been fortunate, thus far, that there has been a forum to help them out with all their cock ups.

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: July 04 2009, 14:52

A nice gesture Jim, but their too pissed to care. Leave 'em alone.

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
HRFanUSA Offline

Posted: July 04 2009, 15:25

Hi All,

I received this email and thought it might be encouraging to those who have received damaged Ultimate Editions:

--------------------------------------------------------

Dear Harry

I'm emailing you to say we are sorry that your customer service experience hasn't been as good as you should have expected from us and to let you know that we will be sending you a replacement box set within the next few days.

From your emails and forum postings it seems that the signed certificate wasn't damaged and so we will be sending you all the elements of the box set except for the certificate itself, which hopefully will be acceptable to you.

We are aware there have been one or two complaints about the packaging previously used so we will be using an alternative method of packaging your order.

Again we're very sorry for the delay in getting your replacement set to you and that we didn't deal with your emails in a timely manner.

Regards

Antz
Director / Bandstores
----------------------------------------------------------

I feel Universal is genuinely trying to make efforts to correct the many issues associated with UE and truly hope to soon report here that the "replacement items" arrive in pristine condition-

Harry
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: July 04 2009, 16:31

Mmm - that's an encouraging reply from Antz - the Director of Universal.

Hope others are getting more of the same.

--------------
Profile PM 
HRFanUSA Offline

Posted: July 04 2009, 16:43

Quote (wiga @ July 04 2009, 16:31)
Mmm - that's an encouraging reply from Antz - the Director of Universal.

Hi Wiga,

As I hurriedly (and excitedly!;) added this post to the forum I mistakenly added "Universal" when it should have read "Bandstores", from where the email came-

My deepest apologies!
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: July 04 2009, 18:45

Hey URFanUSA

Happy 4th July!

What you got to say for yourselves Universal - speak now. N-o-o-w-w!

--------------
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: July 06 2009, 04:25

Quote (yanouch65 @ July 04 2009, 13:00)

I'm sure they are...but we need to document it, both to make sure that the problem gets taken seriously by them and so that the people involved can see exactly what's going wrong. I know it looks to us like fingerprints and wipe marks, but it could be that to someone involved in the manufacturing process will recognise them as the result of something else, or that they'll be able to track down exactly what stage the damage is occurring at. The only other thing we could try and do is see if you can just send them the LP back for them to have a look at.
I'll mention that there seem to be a lot of cases, but without firm numbers (and particularly without names and order numbers for sorting out replacements) that's only going to carry a limited amount of weight. So far I have the details of two people who I can report this for - two out of 2500 (and that's assuming that the UE vinyl is handled on a unique production line...I don't know how many LPs are being pressed in total if the Back to Black edition is included) isn't the kind of figure which gets a big company like Universal scared.

In my experience, the most effective way to make a complaint is to collect hard facts and show them precisely what they've done wrong.

I'm currently looking into where we go from here should things not work out, but that's really just for the purposes of being one step ahead, rather than that there seems to be any immediate need to. The most effective routes will still need some hard evidence, though...
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: July 06 2009, 06:00

Quote (tubular_trekkie @ July 04 2009, 14:57)
Korgscrew - I wasn't aware that replacements have been promised to folks with problems. Is that just the vinyl albums only or the entire UE set (where these have been received damaged)?  I must say at this point I'm deeply skeptical about any replacement items being delivered (a) promptly and efficiently and (b) well packaged and in pristine condition. I appreciate that you're doing what you can to sort things out, but all these problems really are quite serious - making sure they don't occur in future is great - but I think Universal and/or CID needs to go a bit further than that to regain people's confidence.

So far it's been with boxed sets that replacements have been issued; I think what they've offered to replace depends on what has been damaged and how badly. When the initial list was sent off, there had only been one complaint of marked vinyl (and it was part of a bigger problem with a damaged box), so I don't know how those will be handled yet.

How and when the replacements will arrive is something we'll have to wait and see about, I suppose...we're all watching, though!
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: July 06 2009, 06:44

Universal will get a good idea at the extent of complaints if they read these threads. Are they reading them?

Korgscrew, I wouldn't let them fob you off about needing firm numbers, I think that's a technique to stall for time. There's enough evidence on these threads alone for them to be concerned and want to take action.

Probably the only way to get Universal remotely scared would be to not buy the boxed sets next time.

--------------
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: July 06 2009, 09:10

They haven't fobbed me off with anything - it's me who wants the numbers as much as anyone, so that I can't be fobbed off. I like to know what I'm talking about before I say anything.
They're also not going to replace everyone's set on the offchance there might be something wrong with it - judging by the numbers reported to us, the problem affects around 1 - 2% of them. Who knows, maybe it's 100% - if people won't report it, we'll never know (and then they can tell us it's a few isolated cases - which it could be - and we won't have any evidence to prove otherwise).

The problem with the vinyl has been acknowledged, it's now up to the project director to act on it. Anyone who has reported the problem (that should include tubular_trekkie, whose details I already had) will get a replacement, anyone who hasn't either needs to report it now or make do with it as it is.

It's also been pointed out that some of the people who've sent us complaints haven't tried getting in touch with Bandstores' customer services first. I understand that faith in them is low after all that's been reported here, but they'd like to be given a chance (again - they can't do anything about it unless they know about it). The best thing to do is email customerservices@bandstores.co.uk and copy in contact@tubular.net - if you then don't feel the problem's being dealt with in a reasonable amount of time, let us know and we'll give someone a bit of a prod.
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: July 06 2009, 12:25

Quote (Korgscrew @ July 06 2009, 09:10)
It's also been pointed out that some of the people who've sent us complaints haven't tried getting in touch with Bandstores' customer services first. I understand that faith in them is low after all that's been reported here, but they'd like to be given a chance (again - they can't do anything about it unless they know about it).

I'm confused (vinyl issue aside),  I take it that all those who didn't get signed copies complained about it,  - I saw a lot of the emails going back and forward. Have they all got their signed copies now?

--------------
Profile PM 
starfish Offline

Posted: July 06 2009, 13:36

After reading the complaints here, I just checked my vinyl copy - it's absolutely fine.
Profile PM 
Reena Offline

Posted: July 06 2009, 13:39

Quote (wiga @ July 06 2009, 12:25)
Quote (Korgscrew @ July 06 2009, 09:10)
It's also been pointed out that some of the people who've sent us complaints haven't tried getting in touch with Bandstores' customer services first. I understand that faith in them is low after all that's been reported here, but they'd like to be given a chance (again - they can't do anything about it unless they know about it).

I'm confused (vinyl issue aside),  I take it that all those who didn't get signed copies complained about it,  - I saw a lot of the emails going back and forward. Have they all got their signed copies now?

Not by a long shot....

But they've reacted, and now they hope (.... ) that within 2 weeks the boxes that either were lost, or never even sent out, or whatever had happened to these, will come in their hands, so they can send them to me and the others that are still waiting.  

Although that still is a strange thing, I will wait the coming 2 weeks to see if they come up with a signed box that they will send to me after that... And I have to admit that if they do, that I would like to try and find out if there are any duplicate certificates all of a sudden....

To me it's still a riddle how on earth the 500 signed certificates were put together with the correct boxes, that then apparently weren't sent out to Bandstores.  
They never have come up with an explanation that satisfied or reassured me about all their actions.

But, as Korgscrew mentioned in one of his posts, they want to have the chance to set things straight...

That is quite a lot to ask I believe, when you consider that :
- they are still sitting on my money since the 16th of may
- even if they get my order on their hands, which might take up another 2 weeks, they still have to send it to me
( another week ? ), so they are certainly taking their time ...
- in an email that they sent on June 23rd they promised a t-shirt to be send separately from my original order as a gesture of goodwill, but I'm still waiting for that as well ( so much for their goodwill... )

Even considering the above facts I am willing to give them that chance, because I really hope that it will all end well... Maybe I should know better, but what else can I do to get hold of that Signed Ultimate Edition for now ?

But I think that you all understand that it has pissed me off big time, and I sure will try to get legal compensation if they do not deliver this month.
Profile PM 
405 replies since June 25 2009, 14:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (21) < 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net