Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells theme used in Nightwish's song< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: July 04 2002, 09:59

The hard rock Finnish band Nightwish uses the 'Tubular Bells' opening theme in the song 'Feel For You' from their last album 'Century Child'. The album is very popular in Germany and Austria. MP3.
(Thanks, Christophe Gevrey)
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Posted: July 04 2002, 10:17

http://nightwish.ath.cx/article/view/29/1/6

It also seems that you have many different influences. Could you name the biggest of them? I know, it's always difficult, but maybe you could also find the nearest companion to your band?
I like to listen to film music (Vangelis, Kitaro, J. Horner, Mike Oldfield, etc. ) [...]
Profile PM 
Christophe
Unregistered

Posted: July 04 2002, 10:21

There are no credit anywhere on the Nightwish CD.

Too bad.

Christophe
http://cri.ch
Turtle's Head
Unregistered

Posted: July 06 2002, 19:39

What happened to the good ol days - you steal my music  I sue your ass!Is it legal now to ripp artists,composers off.

Goodness what next. :angry:
Kim Pyrrö
Unregistered

Posted: July 08 2002, 08:39

i listen to nightwish a lot, i havent heard the new record cus is not released here in sweden yet...but i downloaded the song and yup...its tubular bell alright
kocka
Unregistered

Posted: July 08 2002, 19:25

This must be one of the best metal songs I've ever heard! I've been searching for something like this for long time, and in vain hope I bought some records by Blind Guardian and some others. I like metal music, but everything else (lyrics, attitudes) are incrediby childish, popularistically satanistic, etc, so I have mostly been avoiding them... I must get this album!
Anybody can suggest more stuff like this?
Is there any more extraordinary metal music, with some creativity in other areas that lyrics and arrangement of powerchords and distortions ( experimental, mature, non-satanistic metal ? i'm really asking too much, aint I? )

Why do everybody insist so much on being typical? And why some people cant ge the fact into their heads that comments are supposed to be short and related, and forums are for discussions?
:/  oh, well

;)
Kim Pyrrö
Unregistered

Posted: July 09 2002, 07:56

Well i almost only listen to metal and there are two finnish bands that i adore...that is stratovarius and sonata arctica....actully their friends to nightwish and play kind of same music...and then there is an italian band called rhapsody, they are great...classical music with powerfull choir mixed with power metall....one o a kind...

i have two favourite guitar players and thats mike oldfield and timo tollki of stratovarius(fast as a shark)
Sephirot
Unregistered

Posted: July 09 2002, 19:50

Hehh i just noticed this earlyer but didnt know that it will interest you guys  :p
seven-million-year-old human-lik
Unregistered

Posted: July 10 2002, 19:52

Hey
Lets kinda keep it as a Mike Oldfield forum thang.What you say? :p  :D
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 11 2002, 13:59

Nightwish is going to play in my city next week and a friend of mine called me to see them just before I saw this...maybe they´ll play that tune! :)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Tubular Gerrit
Unregistered

Posted: July 18 2002, 13:41

reaction on KOCKA

When you like experimental metal with powerchords listen to

AYREON The album "INTO THE ELECTRIC CASTLE" !!!!!!!

or Pendragon

very nice !

Posted: July 20 2002, 23:59

Quote (Guest @ July 08 2002, 08:39)
i listen to nightwish a lot, i havent heard the new record cus is not released here in sweden yet...but i downloaded the song and yup...its tubular bell alright

where did you find the song to download?

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
oldfield_fan Offline

Posted: July 21 2002, 17:04

>where did you find the song to download?

Just click on the "MP3"-link in Olivier's message at the top of this page :-)

/ Johan
Profile PM 

Posted: July 22 2002, 21:00

thanx!

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Markus K.
Unregistered

Posted: July 27 2002, 05:50

Where do ypu people hear the Tubular Bells tune?

In the beginning there's this guitar tune and then the strings. None of them sound like the exact TB tune (in my opinion) although they are a bit similar.
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: July 27 2002, 06:26

I have to agree with Markus here - it sounds to me like it may be Tubular Bells inspired, but it doesn't use quite the same notes. Actually, the C D B B part of that riff is more like Sentinel than the original Tubular Bells. It's like the same notes, but in a different order and different key.
Profile PM 
dkaycom Offline

Posted: July 27 2002, 14:04

well, there are people who recognize Tubular Bells everywhere.

AC/DC - Hells Bells ?

->stolen at Mike

Judy Garland - Somewhere over the Rainbow ?

doesn't she mention "Moonlight" there?

-> stolen at Mike

:laugh:

later,

dkay

--------------
Bootlegs should be shared not sold.
(BlackCottonMafia)

Find more tubular sounds at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Incantations/
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Aug. 03 2002, 08:54

I listened to the song,but I don´t think that there´s TB opening theme on there...  :O

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
dkaycom Offline

Posted: Sep. 12 2003, 19:45

and the next "suspected" tune would be "Liar" by Helloween then, it's on their new CD "Rabbit don't come easy".

I've put up a snipnet of the part which will cause "TB theme stolen"-shoutings (again) here

File will be upp for about 2 weeks.

Have a nice weekend,

dkay

--------------
Bootlegs should be shared not sold.
(BlackCottonMafia)

Find more tubular sounds at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Incantations/
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Sep. 13 2003, 04:45

@ Olivier, Christophe & Kim: TB theme in there? Maybe you dreamt it. LOL. :D

@ Dkay: Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. ROTFL. :laugh: :laugh:

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
25 replies since July 04 2002, 09:59 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net