Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells II [for mallets]< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
stpaul Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 27 2012, 03:31

Tubular Bells II

This is really impressing. I like this arrangement more than the original recording.
Profile PM 
ekloef Offline

Posted: Oct. 27 2012, 16:33

WOW!!!

This one is amazing! Would love a great audio recording of this performance.

Thanks for sharing!
:)

--------------
https://www.instagram.com/robtch/
Profile PM 
GusFogle Offline

Posted: Nov. 05 2012, 10:06

Surprised there aren't more comments on this. Great performance, wonderful indeed.

There are certain parts where I felt like the tubular bells should have been used more, and some parts were questionably arranged (mallet instruments simply don't get loud enough- it is hard to deliver a loud passage of music on these instruments) and I wish that the guitars had been turned up more.

But overall I quite admire the fellow who took on this project- he's certainly got great resources in the band he's playing in. I suppose I can mark this project off my list now, as it has already been done!
Profile PM WEB 
vibe0512 Offline

Posted: Nov. 10 2012, 17:50

Wow.. Thank You all for every kind words here. I was wonder about create new topic and I wanted to put this link here to share with You, but somebody did it already. It was my final exam in high-school so I had to played most of guitar parts on mallets instruments to create solo parts for me. I know that it isn't as laud as should to be, but it had to be my solist moments. Tubular Bells II is a most important album in my life and the very first cd which I remember from childhood. So I decided to finish my high-school with this masterpiece. I asked my teacher for possibility to arrange TB II. He was agree and it tooks me 2 months to arrange it. I completed a band and trully it was the most beautiful moment on stage in my life. Thanks again!
(sorry for my English, I'm from Poland:P)
Profile PM 
GusFogle Offline

Posted: Nov. 10 2012, 20:37

You're a superb vibe and marimba player. Great work, I sat with my band and watched the video of your performance. We really enjoyed it.
Profile PM WEB 
4 replies since Oct. 27 2012, 03:31 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net