Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Tubular Bells 2003 DVD delayed< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Dec. 01 2003, 13:54

Warner has informed HighFidelityReview.com that the DVD-Audio version of Tubular Bells 2003 has been delayed, perhaps until early 2004.
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 01 2003, 15:38

Wow, at last the dvd we were waiting for: Tubular Bells 2004, the new Mike Oldfield album... My God!!! What's the point in releasing a piece called 2003 in 2004!!!

I'm afraid that they could also drop the demos and nice extras. On the other side, someone could tell them how many old concerts could be added now.

If they do so, we should ask Stuart Robinson from HighFidelity to make copies from his demo disc; Warner has gone too far with this failure. Shame on them!!! What's the problem??? I know dvd-a are in the market for so much time ago...

Nacho
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Dec. 02 2003, 05:35

Do you think Mike read the review and has gone back and remixed it again :D You'd think they would have got over any 'teething' problems by now and got there arses in gear for the christmas market, oh well thats Warners for you, at least we have been given a reason this time.
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Dec. 02 2003, 12:41

They should use the time to include the whole video of the Queen Elizabeth Concert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and maybe some extra video footage) For christ sake.... only that and the early demo recordings of TB are of interest to me.

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
The Warlock
Unregistered

Posted: Dec. 12 2003, 07:47

The content may change, so lest wait to see its content.
Murray
Unregistered

Posted: Jan. 10 2004, 19:54

Greetings from Australia

I was just browsing on hmv.co.uk which showed a Tubular Bells DVD set available which includes the DVD-A version.

If it's available as part of a boxed set, why not separately?

http://www2.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb....=106659
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 11 2004, 02:14

So that fans desparate to get their hands on the enhanced content of the DVD-A will rush out and pay for a couple DVDs they already have just so they can hear it :)

I believe that HMV listing the boxed set as available is an error though - amazon.co.uk list the release date as being January 19th 2004, which is more in line with the information I've seen elsewhere (similarly, Tower Records have been listing the single DVD-A for a long time as available as a special order import from the USA - again, a false listing). The release date for the single DVD-A may be the 12th, or it may be some time after the boxed set like Warner at one time threatened...
Profile PM 
6 replies since Dec. 01 2003, 13:54 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net