Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (4) < [1] 2 3 4 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The Tubular Net Group Website, The Future....< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ex member 178 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 03 2011, 15:32

I thought it would be useful to start a thread on the future of the website. I am a little concerned about its future as one of the contributing muscians.

There has obviously been a lot of time and effort put into the website from many contributors (not just musicians). Anyway, for whatever reason Milamber has pulled out, he was the instigator which we have to congratulate and thank him for.

What do you as a forum member want to see happen to it? Should it continue/evolve or shall we just shut it down?

I think it can continue with the help of a few of us to maintain it. It already has a few missing links which would need to be looked at and we would need to look at the running costs (if we start hosting it again).

Over to you, muscians, listeners, Mike Oldfield himself, adnministrators etc...
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2011, 15:55

my last reply from the old topic :

:/ Cameron is my friend and i'm sorry and sad to say it but if he doesn't reply we will have to do something and maybe ... "shunt " / work around ( don't know the right word ) him .

well i have / own all the pictures excepted the ones made by Bee and the one made by Tenllado Studios .

i guess each one is owner of his music so why not starting a new website with all the tracks since everyone is on Soundcloud... and maybe a website a bit different from the existing one
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Aug. 03 2011, 17:20

The website will be updated shortly to reflect a post birthday feel.
I will replace the removed tracks (Unless Dunlooser objects).
What is needed is a quicker way to DL the album as a whole ... Any ideas?
When this is done the account and password will be given to the admins probably Matt.

Thanks for your lovely comments with so much pissing and moaning makes me feel like I'm making the thing again.

The website represents literally 100's of hours of work indeed the entire project took months.

It's nice to be appreciated.

Sir M thanks for giving me a much needed laugh.
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2011, 18:17

Will you please reply to my email, Cam?
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2011, 18:32

I would like to add a call to Milamber to return to the forum, although we have not always seen I 2 I what i have seen is that alot of misunderstandings have been perpetuated here sometimes out of humour being taken the wrong way and meanings getting lost like Chinese whispers or misinterpreted, and this I maybe a guilty party in, not saying I was involved with Milamber and others falling out, but that I can understand that some of what I have written has been not fully understood & I am 99% sure this goes 4 all of us.

So to cut a long story short I would like to appeal to you milamber to return, as your friends here miss you, and even ones here who do not, must surely see the amazing effort u have (in the past) put into projects and put into helping people here, so please come back and see if you can iron things out!.
Sorry to anyone who feels I should not be poking my nose in here, but to all I would say lets put the right ending on this if we\you can and create a new beginning, I BEG U.
IF NOT HAVE A GOOD EVERYONE, I1

--------------
L◎ST ◎MMADAWN VERSI◎N RIDDLE ANSWER
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
=  I C   1  G◎D   OO ID I I
or replace the L's that were turned in to I's & 1 gets
ID◎L G◎LD ID◎L (4 ANSWER IN FULL + EXPLANATION, C ALBUM SECTION/☮MMADAWN/i-say-i-say-i-say-i-say-in-answer4XXX4Acr⊕ss
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2011, 18:43

Thanks I1 yes I agree misunderstandings easily happen.
We are both living proof of that.
I will return in time, at this very moment I do not want to see my legacy here tarnished.
I can fully understand the knee jerk reaction to the website issues and I'm sorry if a few feathers were ruffled as a result.
Anyone with an inkling to website design would know the time spent.
Shit even the album pages had to be painstakingly put together line by line as the program would not automatically do that for you, the pictures threw everything out.

I had thought with the birthday over and no interaction between the various talent here that the TNG was done with.....maybe not.

@Syd I have received no email from anyone, blockers in place.

Give me a week to update the TNG website.

@Dunlooser tell me what you need from the H lyric wise.
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2011, 18:46

You blocked me!?
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2011, 19:12

Yes I did, apart from One member here.
In time we will sort things I'm sure.
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2011, 19:19

Not to be a dick, but I have a feeling you're enjoying being mysterious on some level.
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2011, 19:20

Quote (quietman @ Aug. 03 2011, 15:32)
I thought it would be useful to start a thread on the future of the website. I am a little concerned about its future as one of the contributing muscians.

There has obviously been a lot of time and effort put into the website from many contributors (not just musicians). Anyway, for whatever reason Milamber has pulled out, he was the instigator which we have to congratulate and thank him for.

What do you as a forum member want to see happen to it? Should it continue/evolve or shall we just shut it down?

I think it can continue with the help of a few of us to maintain it. It already has a few missing links which would need to be looked at and we would need to look at the running costs (if we start hosting it again).

Over to you, muscians, listeners, Mike Oldfield himself, adnministrators etc...

Put it in a .zip and upload it to Jamendo. That's free and it's good exposure.
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2011, 19:52

Quote (Syd B @ Aug. 04 2011, 11:19)
Not to be a dick, but I have a feeling you're enjoying being mysterious on some level.

Believe me Enjoyment has nothing to do with it.

Dicks, Pussys and Assholes anybody seen Team America, reminded me of that.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Aug. 03 2011, 21:21

Welcome back, Milamber!  :)
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Aug. 04 2011, 02:35

:) Cameron , no , if you are back and still decide to be the boss of the website ,it is ok for me. i do not need anything else . i just would like that the website will never die .

...i did not understood what you said about Kev music .of course he has his place with all of us...
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Aug. 04 2011, 02:40

Hello my dear friend Phil.
Sorry I have not been in touch.
I will email you later today.
Are you happy to do One more picture for the website.

I am revamping the front page to be less about me and more about the group as a whole.

Interested?????
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Aug. 04 2011, 02:53

:) i really like when you are in the creating way . of course why not ? just tell me what you need and would like to see .....what about the last one i gave you and never used. ..the one with the manta ray....

..am sorry am in my truck right now....
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: Aug. 04 2011, 08:12

Quote (Milamber @ Aug. 03 2011, 19:52)
Believe me Enjoyment has nothing to do with it.

If you say so...
Profile PM 
ex member 178 Offline

Posted: Aug. 04 2011, 15:35

Quote (Milamber @ Aug. 04 2011, 07:40)
Hello my dear friend Phil.
Sorry I have not been in touch.
I will email you later today.
Are you happy to do One more picture for the website.

I am revamping the front page to be less about me and more about the group as a whole.

Interested?????

Hi Cam

It would be a shame if you were to give this up. Try to rise above all the shit flying around.... but I do agree the website should reflect a group of musicians/fans/contributors and reflect our mutual admiration for Mike Oldfield rather than his birthday.

It can evolve from there then... someone on a thread suggested popping the tracks via Jamendo... I like that idea as you can put a whole album online which will play like an album and dowload but so can Soundcloud as well i suppose.

Here's another thought...... if we polish up an albums worth of tracks (mixed well and mastered well) we could publish this via CD Baby and give ourselves exposure via iTunes and Amazon..... yes sell the music!! This could pay for the up keep of the website...

I'm probably talking bollocks there as I'm not sure how we would get the money in and who would contol it ... would each artist want a cut of their track... perhaps?

QM
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Aug. 04 2011, 16:34

:/ If someone is good to mix and master an entire album , why not , this idea is a good one ! But i would say that i don't like very much Jamendo anymore ...by the past when Jamendo was  a " very young website ,  new concept " it was good but now i think it's very complicated to use and upload an entire album , except if you send a cd to the admins . Too much problems with interface and very untidy imho !

..if everyboby pays something to take part maybe we could get a nice amount . Maybe we could buy a domain name but the problem is the Tubular.Net name , not sure we could use Tubular.Net group .

OVH is good ! my website is hosted there and i'm happy with them....for the moment :D
Profile PM 
ex member 178 Offline

Posted: Aug. 04 2011, 17:38

Quote (Tubular Tos @ Aug. 04 2011, 21:34)
But i would say that i don't like very much Jamendo anymore ...by the past when Jamendo was  a " very young website ,  new concept " it was good but now i think it's very complicated to use and upload an entire album , except if you send a cd to the admins . Too much problems with interface and very untidy imho !

I'm going to backtrack and agree TT on Jamendo... I've spent the past hour trying to upload my music to this site and now I've given up! It takes too long and you never know at what stage you have reached. You have to load the entire album not part. There used to be an option for taken a CD but thats gone now...

Once it's all up it looks good but sod it I can't waste my time any more...
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Aug. 04 2011, 20:17

If this thread is a conversation about another MO related site - should you not all be discussing it there?

It's great that a selection of MO fans have been working together, but I'm not sure that Tub.net is the best placed forum for us to see your dirty laundry.

As Tub.net has evolved over the years, many "faces" have come and gone, but I for one am a little perplexed over the recent semi private threads from a small group of friends. The closeness of your group, the "In-jokes" leave the rest of us mystified - and have very little to do with Mike and his works.

So, please would you use this site for the general stuff, let us know how things are going etc. and use your own sites for the small print?

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
68 replies since Aug. 03 2011, 15:32 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) < [1] 2 3 4 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net