Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (4) < 1 [2] 3 4 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: The Tubular Net Group Website, The Future....< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Aug. 04 2011, 21:58

So Jamendo is out.
Any other options?
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 05 2011, 04:51

;)

www.numusix.com
   www.yozik.com
   www.zimbalam.fr
   www.believedigitale.com
   www.ilike.com
   www.reverbnation.com
   www.idolweb.fr
   www.createspace.com ( Amazon)
   www.cdbaby.com
   www.Bandcamp.com

maybe last.FM

JIwa
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2011, 04:59

"If this thread is a conversation about another MO related site - should you not all be discussing it there?

It's great that a selection of MO fans have been working together, but I'm not sure that Tub.net is the best placed forum for us to see your dirty laundry.

As Tub.net has evolved over the years, many "faces" have come and gone, but I for one am a little perplexed over the recent semi private threads from a small group of friends. The closeness of your group, the "In-jokes" leave the rest of us mystified - and have very little to do with Mike and his works.

So, please would you use this site for the general stuff, let us know how things are going etc. and use your own sites for the small print?"

I uh, to be honest with my old freinds, have been thinking along these lines for a while myself. This is a site where MO is discussed, dissected musically, mostly praised but sometimes criticized. Either way it's about MO news/oppinions/discussion, as well as rock/prog music in general. Not the place to argue about "fan tracks". I'm sure your problems in this matter will reach a happy resolution. But maybe your arguements could be done via PM? Just a suggestion since newbie MO fans will gravitate here and will form(or taint) thier vision of "this musician" based on what they see. And I would like to keep promoting Mike's works via a positive outlook, if my posts count for same. My two pesos worth, Jim

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2011, 07:51

Quote (olracUK @ Aug. 04 2011, 20:17)
If this thread is a conversation about another MO related site - should you not all be discussing it there?

It's great that a selection of MO fans have been working together, but I'm not sure that Tub.net is the best placed forum for us to see your dirty laundry.

As Tub.net has evolved over the years, many "faces" have come and gone, but I for one am a little perplexed over the recent semi private threads from a small group of friends. The closeness of your group, the "In-jokes" leave the rest of us mystified - and have very little to do with Mike and his works.

So, please would you use this site for the general stuff, let us know how things are going etc. and use your own sites for the small print?

We don't have our own site anymore! :(

And this thread is for every musician, artist and writer who contributed to the album - not a private thread for a select few.
Profile PM 
smillsoid Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2011, 13:35

"Coming up next... When Forums Go Bad!"  :laugh:

I agree, Syd - we all worked hard on this project, which is about our ART, not just silly 'fan tracks'.  These things cannot get discussed anywhere else at the moment!

--------------
http://www.reverbnation.com/simonjmills
Profile PM WEB 
ex member 892 Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2011, 14:25

Thankee, Simon. :D

We're not trying to be cliquish here, people. As far as I'm concerned anybody with an idea can drop in here and give their two pesos worth.
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2011, 14:39

Welcome home Milamber, I think it is fair to say your about turn has made many people happier cobber (if that's the right expression perhaps I should write it the other way so as you will be able to read it copper) joking aside, I am fairly new to the site as many will know, but I suppose because I have taken the time to read though each & every topic & post here prior to making my first post in order to get a feel for things & attitudes.

I think I can see what some other members are saying, I can see that with the mounting depth of this site, the sight to new eyes is becoming a little daunting & to navigate especially for new members (or potential members ie Guests), If they log on or arrive here to see topics that have no meaning or unknown in jokes etc.  I hope you all can see the problem I am painting now.

So to sum up I think or would like to recommend/suggest that some extra care is taken in placement of new topics as some do seem rather out of place to me & contents kept concise as alot of what is written could maybe of been better done as some have suggested via private mail, lastly what one writes on the forum should be done in a manner that is clear to all as this is a OPEN PUBLIC MIKE "O" 4rum, & should thus be one where people can easily find or contribute to information within.

I hope this is taken the right way & no one thinks I am being unnecessarily confrontational, I am just trying to keep the peace, and keep things in there place as always!
PO5TED WITH BE5T INTEN5ION5 A5 I HOPE U WILL KNOW & AII C.
                                                                            I1

--------------
L◎ST ◎MMADAWN VERSI◎N RIDDLE ANSWER
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
=  I C   1  G◎D   OO ID I I
or replace the L's that were turned in to I's & 1 gets
ID◎L G◎LD ID◎L (4 ANSWER IN FULL + EXPLANATION, C ALBUM SECTION/☮MMADAWN/i-say-i-say-i-say-i-say-in-answer4XXX4Acr⊕ss
Profile PM 
ex member 178 Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2011, 15:16

As I started this new thread I need to add my thoughts on the remarks made by olacUK....

The website in question is TOTALLY related to tubular.net. it wouldn't have existed it wasn't for tubular.net. It was started by a tubular.net member who is passionate about Mike Oldfield. So the website we are trying to keep afloat is totally linked back to tubular.net (and a certain Mike Oldfield) and should always stay that way.

Tubular.net does provide a platform for users to publish their music (or links to) but to get more creative that is where another platform was needed.

Yes, perhaps some of the remarks made in some threads (good/or bad) may put off new members so anything personal, irrelvent posts or 'dirty washing' to any of these forum threads should be via personal e-mail. Now this discussion is still in progress about the TubNet Group website, once some common ground has been found then yes, maybe it will be a group of members. Then communication should continue off forum but at the moment nothing has been agreed by anyone. AND THIS SHOULD NOT BE CLIQUEY ANYONE SHOULD CONTRIBUTE OLD AND NEW MEMBERS. THIS IS WHY IT'S AN OPEN DISCUSSION!

Cameron really is the main link here so once he finalises what he wants to do (either carry on or hand over) then decisions can be made.

Now, sometimes us musicians can be a grumpy bunch with egos the size of Uranus and we do sometimes 'throw our virtual toys out of our virtual prams' but mostly we kiss and make up and then smoke some virtual dope together and then all's well in our little tubular.net bubble!!

Anyway off to watch Coronation Street, so any comments on that I will pop on the Coronation Street forum!!

Nuff said...
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2011, 16:03

1 more post here, then unless truly necessary or asked to I will leave you to go about your business in peace.

I am afraid some members will due to my earlier post here be blaming me for Milambers return, so I must reiterate the reason for what may seem to some as my siding with Milamber in calling for his return.  It was not one of wishing to not take others sides, it was purely that from what I could see, I saw that misunderstandings had seemed to of occurred & due to this a volatile mixture of aggression had brewed into something that blew-up! into no one wishing to hear the others opinions, reasons, or explanations & as I said before in my earlier post many had not considered this members hard work there good deeds, they just cast him out like some would an unwanted dog.

Well this was wrong we all deserve a fair trial I do not think a society that had a person in it that had worked as hard as he has in order to create a very unique BIRTHDAY present for MO on his 58th (with the help of many others who were at the point of leaving) & joining together of so many members from far & wide should be treated in this way (but as always I could be not fully understanding of the things that went on, so I may be way out of line, if so please accept my deepest apologies) without hearing an explanation in prosecution his being Exiled,even if as in this case by his own choice.

There we have 1T, in a shared language even in this day and age and amongst peoples who share a common interest battles so sadly are being fought over little more than misunderstandings & minor lack of thought, mainly because a few third party onlookers read between the lines or spoke in jest but were taken at word in what they wrote! but if I read things write I do have to say I think that the main fault lies with the fact that the sad decline in the use of clearly written and spoken English I.E. HOWDE has left many of the struggling native English speaking people bemused not AMUSED, let alone those whose 2nd or 3rd language English is, has anybody here reading this ever thought I wonder what someone will make of what comes out if they use a translator programme on it?.

well that's it! I hope in your summing up of this piece, 1T all  adds up to you all & this helps all in keeping the peace here.
In truth & fairness I will hope to be at ones side I1.

--------------
L◎ST ◎MMADAWN VERSI◎N RIDDLE ANSWER
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
=  I C   1  G◎D   OO ID I I
or replace the L's that were turned in to I's & 1 gets
ID◎L G◎LD ID◎L (4 ANSWER IN FULL + EXPLANATION, C ALBUM SECTION/☮MMADAWN/i-say-i-say-i-say-i-say-in-answer4XXX4Acr⊕ss
Profile PM 
ex member 137 Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2011, 16:40

Well said I1.   :cool:
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2011, 17:45

Thanks again I1, Martin and Phil.

Look I think Andy and Jim have a few valid points, not concerning the Album project but this forum in general.

For me my first love is Tubular Net, it has always been so.

Everything I have ever done here project wise has been for the betterment of the site.

When it became clear that the side forum was doing more harm than good and had evolved into something different from what I had envisaged I decided it had to go.

I also decided to turn my back on our little clique and become the free agent I was when I first joined, Why, well I learnt a very hard lesson and that is you should never expect "Internet Friends" to be held up to the same standards you would ask of real life friends.

Secondly I work better on my own, I cite the Awards as an example.

I'm tempted to use Bilbo's "I don't know half of you" line but since the movies came out it's very passe :laugh:

Finally I don't really care what anyone here thinks of me, If this album project had of been run by a committee nothing would of got done, You all have local Councils I'm sure so you know what I mean.

In my experience having a single driving force working toward a vision, but guided/helped by passionate talented people is what got us over the line.

So thanks for reigniting MY passion for this project, WE will make it better now than it ever was I'm sure .

OK down to business.

I'm looking into putting advertising on the site to help fund it, a bit like the links you find here at T.Net.
I click on them now and again to send some scratch back Oliviers way ,I hope the rest of you do as well (Or will now).

Secondly after the front page revamp the production page will be augmented to include all participants past and future.

Lastly and something I'm a little excited about is the new page, "The what are we up to now" page.

The website is still getting between 100 to 200 hits a day , so I would like to call on all former artists to provide a NEW track to showcase their wares and provide continuing exposure.

We also are still looking into the best and fastest way of Downloading the album as a whole.

So its idea's time people, all idea's thoughts are taken into consideration.

But this will take time so please be patient.
Profile PM 
ex member 178 Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2011, 18:03

Quote (Milamber @ Aug. 05 2011, 22:45)
Thanks again I1, Martin and Phil.

Look I think Andy and Jim have a few valid points, not concerning the Album project but this forum in general.

For me my first love is Tubular Net, it has always been so.

Everything I have ever done here project wise has been for the betterment of the site.

When it became clear that the side forum was doing more harm than good and had evolved into something different from what I had envisaged I decided it had to go.

I also decided to turn my back on our little clique and become the free agent I was when I first joined, Why, well I learnt a very hard lesson and that is you should never expect "Internet Friends" to be held up to the same standards you would ask of real life friends.

Secondly I work better on my own, I cite the Awards as an example.

I'm tempted to use Bilbo's "I don't know half of you" line but since the movies came out it's very passe :laugh:

Finally I don't really care what anyone here thinks of me, If this album project had of been run by a committee nothing would of got done, You all have local Councils I'm sure so you know what I mean.

In my experience having a single driving force working toward a vision, but guided/helped by passionate talented people is what got us over the line.

So thanks for reigniting MY passion for this project, WE will make it better now than it ever was I'm sure .

OK down to business.

I'm looking into putting advertising on the site to help fund it, a bit like the links you find here at T.Net.
I click on them now and again to send some scratch back Oliviers way ,I hope the rest of you do as well (Or will now).

Secondly after the front page revamp the production page will be augmented to include all participants past and future.

Lastly and something I'm a little excited about is the new page, "The what are we up to now" page.

The website is still getting between 100 to 200 hits a day , so I would like to call on all former artists to provide a NEW track to showcase their wares and provide continuing exposure.

We also are still looking into the best and fastest way of Downloading the album as a whole.

So its idea's time people, all idea's thoughts are taken into consideration.

But this will take time so please be patient.

Here we go again! Yahooooooooooooooo!

Cam I think you were "caught in the middle of a desperate fight and you couldn't find how to push through" and you may have been "carried away by a Moonlight Shadow!"

Now that's poetic! Welcome back...
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2011, 18:11

Quote (Milamber @ Aug. 05 2011, 22:45)
I also decided to turn my back on our little clique and become the free agent I was when I first joined

That's more like it!!

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2011, 18:14

Thanks, I'm actually excited at the prospect of new material from you guy's.
I hope it's contagious :D

Lets all put the shit canning aside and adopt a clean slate.

And Most importantly lets get back to discussing Mike Oldfield and Music.

Off topic...

Sadly I just realized I put the wrong post code on my order from Universal (well the last digit anyway) so I am hoping my Vinyl and Deluxe will arrive at some stage.

I've just updated my Surround Speakers from Wharfedale to some snazzy new Bose ones in anticipation.
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2011, 18:15

Hey Jayne fancy seeing you here :D

Hope your well and all, Have you got the new Incantations yet????
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2011, 18:27

:p  ;) Cameron ! For ME , YOUR first love is Phoenix !

:D lol I use Firefox with adblock plus extension so i can't see any links to click here !  :D

About the way to download the album in one go , what do you think about a Dropbox account ?

... as i already said maybe it's time to really find a web host to put the website online ???...

Martin , you are right about Tubular.Net " provide a platform for users to publish their music" . ... :D Tubular.Net should even be a Music Label !
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2011, 18:29

;) i have a lot of new music project in progress , no problem ! :)
Profile PM 
ex member 178 Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2011, 18:37

Quote (Tubular Tos @ Aug. 05 2011, 23:29)
;) i have a lot of new music project in progress , no problem ! :)

I have quite a few new tracks since the release of the TNG website such as "Carreg Cennen" and "There Sleeps A Dragon"... they're available if wanted...
Profile PM 
smillsoid Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2011, 18:41

Yippee!!!  I've got new tracks coming out of my ears, so when you want it, I've got it!  :D

--------------
http://www.reverbnation.com/simonjmills
Profile PM WEB 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Aug. 05 2011, 18:43

Great Martin, as always it's up to you guy's what you put forward.
I really have not listened to any output for a while.
I'm just checking out Dropbox now, Phil do other people need an account to access any files?

Or can I just put the Album and Crossfades there and anyone can Access/Download them??
Profile PM 
68 replies since Aug. 03 2011, 15:32 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) < 1 [2] 3 4 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net