Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Sonic VR Demo< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 17 2001, 16:20

Thomas Mathis ( Thomas_Mathis@gmx.de) just sent me this picture based on one of Hans Claesson's wallpapers.
Profile PM 
Fox Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 19 2001, 07:43

I just DLed it, myself. GMOVJ, it doesn't matter how much processor speed you have. If your graphics card is slow, the graphics will also be slow.

The demo works nicely and quickly on my comp...the only problem is that the textures are not being rendered all the time. The design on the butterfly is missing, as are the textures on the "table." So, take it from me (the other extreme), SVR runs nice and fast on my comp; but the textures aren't being rendered correctly..the objects themselves are, but the textures aren't. For example: That "fountain" thing buzzing around with the spikes and rings around it shows up in all white when I look directly at it. Maybe I can talk my dad into buying a new graphics card biggrin.

At the very least, this demo gave me an idea of what I need to do to fully enjoy SVR. I'm sure I'd be more impressed by the demo if I could see the textures. So, get a better graphics card, enjoy the graphics more.
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: Mar. 19 2001, 08:16

The SVR demo hasn't made me any more enthusiastic about the project than I already was but on my system (PII 400MHz 128MB + Voodoo3) I got a good frame rate and the 'action' was smooth.

I think we should all wait until the demo comes out in April before jumping to conclusions....

Terry.
feverpitch96 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 13 2001, 23:48

I know this is a very predictable comment, but I *wish* there was a version of the SVR demo for Mac. frown It's just not fair.
Profile PM 
23 replies since Mar. 09 2001, 14:32 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net