Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (4) < 1 2 3 [4] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Songs Of Hergest Ridge, Putting it together< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Feb. 13 2005, 14:54

Somewhat to my surprise, I've been getting e-mail about this again. I'm now in a position to host this myself for a while so I've put it online - the latter version which I prefer to the first one and the one that was split into three bite-sized pieces.

Just to answer a question that pops up in emails - I'm not working on anything similar at the moment as I'm in the final year at university just now. I am working on my own material though, in the little spare time I have, but none of it is ready to share just  yet.

Having said that, I did have a rough plan for another Oldfield-related piece so if I ever get around to actually recording it then I'll stick it up here.

Link to it now: here
Profile PM 
James
Unregistered

Posted: Feb. 16 2005, 10:43

Hi Matt
Pleased to have finally received a copy of your music and I really like it.The production is superb I get the impression you could make even the most basic General Midi outfit sound good.

As for the music itself its very clever to merge an old master with a relatively modern piece It works so well,great vision in doing that.It sounds uncannily like Mikes music at times its unreal.Look forward to hearing yourr own compositions when they are available.You are a natural.

Keep up this super work and all the best with Uni.
James
Unregistered

Posted: Feb. 16 2005, 10:47

ps
Love to hear you do something with Taurus 2 perhaps you could just put your own slant on this great work.Or pair it with elements of Ommadawn,now that would be special!
Thea Cochrane Offline

Posted: May 16 2016, 18:24

What I'm doing getting messages about a thread that's more than ten years old is beyond me, but for a sense of completeness:
Apple killed their webspace too.
It's on Soundcloud now. Thank you for your attention.
Profile PM 
Tubular Val Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 20 2016, 11:08

Hi, Mat:

Quote (Mat Cochrane @ May 16 2016, 18:24)
What I'm doing getting messages about a thread that's more than ten years old is beyond me, but for a sense of completeness:
Apple killed their webspace too.
It's on Soundcloud now. Thank you for your attention.

Thanks to you for making it available, it's great, congratulations.

Also, it's actually quite normal that you still keep getting messages about this old thread. The thread remains in the web and will appear in Google's searches related to Hergest Ridge so there you are.

Just a question: unless there's something weird with my web navigator, there seems to be no download option on your Soundcloud link other than via "Apple Store" or "Google Store". Is that correct ?

Nevertheless I managed to record the stream to my hard disk but it appears to be a 128 kbps MP3 file and I wonder whether a higher quality version (say 256 kbps or better) is available for download.

Thanks and regards.
TV
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Posted: Sep. 25 2016, 20:20

Always loved this track. Still listen to it! Also thanks for the SoundCloud link. Followed! :)

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Posted: Sep. 28 2016, 19:01

Quote (Tubular Val @ May 20 2016, 16:08)
Just a question: unless there's something weird with my web navigator, there seems to be no download option on your Soundcloud link other than via "Apple Store" or "Google Store". Is that correct ?

I don't think I linked to a store, it certainly shouldn't be commercially available because that wasn't the point.

I hadn't enabled download on that song but I could. I think what I uploaded in the first instance was a WAV - I certainly still have the original WAV.

I've got the Reason files too and they still work, but I don't have a copy of Cubase that can open the sections with real guitars in them (this is from before Reason could do audio tracks on it's own).
Profile PM 
66 replies since Feb. 26 2003, 09:40 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) < 1 2 3 [4] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net