Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Second Mike Oldfield Fan Meeting in Madrid update< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 26 2002, 20:23

The page of the Second Mike Oldfield Fan Meeting in Madrid had been updated with a 4min video containing the best moments of the event. From there you'll also be able to preorder your copy of the double CD 'Oldfield 2002' which will be released in June and will include a documentary video with the highlights of the meeting (including extracts from the forums, the jam session and the concert), a photo gallery and a selection of live themes from the Amadian concert in audio format.
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 27 2002, 21:29

Mmmmh, I thought it would be big, but after seeing the video, it was really a small meeting, I guess. I'm glad I didn't go (it was a 99,9 % that I didn't go anyway). They all spoke spanish, so.....

My meeting with Tom Newman, Barry Palmer and Mickey Simmonds on 29 April 2000 in Nurtingen was much more fun. They played Mike Oldfield songs much better, and I got there signatures. smile (oh yeah, I still got photo's of that... someone interested? I wanted to put them on my site, but I'm going to give that a really big facelift).

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
DavidB Offline

Posted: April 28 2002, 15:18

...Sorry, Blue Dolphin???

The event was one of the most comprenhensive Oldfield convention set in Europe! There you had a forum, a range of some special merchandise for the meeting, an open "jam session" to play if you wanted to, free drinks for all day, auditions of rarities, an open session of videos in a big screen allowing people to ask for what they wanted to see, using a computer attached to the big screen....

Want more? Let me see...
What about a tree hours an a half concert by the band "Amadian", covering all Mike Oldfiled´s discography???
Yes, including Amarok (over 7:30 mins), Music from the Balcony, The wind Chimes, The Lake, Crisis, Millenium Bell, Hergest Ridge, and more (see the complete list at the discography´s web, www.pandoramusic.net/oldfield2002 )....ah!plus complete Tubular Bells Part One!

And as you already can see, there were people able to speak english, the whole day if you want, and happy to do so....

Would be great to have you with us, Blue Dolphin,if Pandora Music sets this meeting again. Will you??? It´s even more interesting for an overseas fan!!! This way you can truly judge for yourself.

Cheers, friends!!!!!!

Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: April 28 2002, 17:13

Oke, sorry. I was a bit "funny in the head", so to speak. wink

I quite envy you people with all those rare videos of Oldfield and merchandise, but I just hoped it would be a bit more close or central, like Germany or UK??? Maybe next time I can mix it with a vacation in Spain, oke? smile

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
DavidB Offline

Posted: April 28 2002, 18:00

Great idea, Blue Dolphin!!!

Let´s hope to be able to have it all again!

Regards!
D.

Profile PM 
freshhh Offline

Posted: April 29 2002, 04:33

Hi! I'm From Russia, so I want to make the same meeting or convention in Moscow. There are noy much MO fans here, but I think they'll come to this party anyway.
It's very hard to make something lie this meeting but I hope I'll do it anyway smile

--------------
We all live our Tubular Life...
And we don't know another way to live...
Profile PM 
musichector Offline

Posted: April 29 2002, 08:05

Hi everyone. This is Héctor. I´m from Spain and I´m the guy is playing the guitar in the jam session duting Madrid meeting. I´m sure you would like to listen good music and I´d like you to visit my web site. It´s still under construction and any suggestion will be taken into account.

I hope you enjoy it.

Héctor.
Profile PM WEB 

Unregistered

Posted: April 29 2002, 19:03

Hi, people of Pandora Music!

Nice video, and nice event!

It´s very interesting to see this kind of things come true and well designed and done!

Lovely version of "The Songs of Distant Hearth". Well done ,I like the performance of the band "Amadian"!!!!!

Unregistered

Posted: April 29 2002, 19:06

Hi, people of Pandora Music!

Nice video, and nice event!

It´s very interesting to see this kind of things come true and well designed and done!

Lovely version of "The Songs of Distant Hearth". Well done ,I like the performance of the band "Amadian"!!!!!

Unregistered

Posted: April 29 2002, 19:45

Well done girls and boys the event looked fun and pleasant.Hope you all had a coool time of it.

Unregistered

Posted: April 30 2002, 13:02

WOW!!

The tracklist of songs performed is good and very complete!

Let´s hope to hear more mp3 extracts from the "Amadian" concert....

Will the entire concert be edited????

dabidovich Offline

Posted: May 01 2002, 12:43

I was in the fan meeting, and I´ll buy the double CD. The Amadian concert was GREAT, I think the recording should be even better than lost in static 18 (maybe because I like live recordings).

I hope more people are coming to next meeting, but this event was GREAT.

Bye, and don´t listen 'To be free' to much times, it's dangerous... smile
Profile PM 
Pandora Music Offline

Posted: May 05 2002, 17:45

Hello everyone:

The Pandora Music team wish to congratulate to everybody who attended to the "Oldfield 2002" Fan Convention organized by the company, last month.

Due to the interest shown all around Europe, we will publish a double CD with audio, video, pictures, a documentary of the whole day, and some other material, including the very best parts of the "Amadian" Tribute Concert that lasted 3 hours and a half, covering all Mike´s discography.

As it´s posted, this double CD will be avalible next July, containing both audio and videoCD formats.

You can download a free MP3 from the Tribute Concert performed by the band, "The songs of distant hearth Medley" 6:20 min ,as well as the free documentary video, from our web site.

www.pandoramusic.net/oldfield2002

Once again, thank you so much for your interest and suport.

Regards

The Pandora Music team

Profile PM WEB 
12 replies since April 26 2002, 20:23 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net