Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Schiller remix of MOTS ?, a rumour I've read about< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ProjectZ Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 11 2008, 09:57

According to Schillerfan-site  Schiller/Christopher von Deylen said that he will be making a remix for Mike Oldfield...  :O
von Deylen told this to the webmaster of that site after a mini-concert for the promotion of his new album 'Sehnsucht'

Anybody knows something more about this? :/

--------------
the VANGELIS forum : Invisible Connections ( http://www.vangelis.fr/ )
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: April 11 2008, 12:08

Crossing fingers to see if this really really happens :D

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 11 2008, 12:30

Let's see if he does a better job than Light+Shade's Romance (the worst thing Mike has ever done?).
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: April 13 2008, 19:51

Wow that would be something! I love Schiller's stuff. It is sad i cant catch his stuff here in my country.

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
trcanberra Offline

Posted: April 14 2008, 07:12

Quote (Olivier @ April 11 2008, 12:30)
Let's see if he does a better job than Light+Shade's Romance (the worst thing Mike has ever done?).

Hey Olivier - always the way isn't it - I love that track  ;)
Profile PM 
sabertooth Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Aug. 02 2008, 16:50

I really hope Christopher von Deylen won't "create" a remix  and won't garble MOTS!

Regards, sabertooth
Profile PM 

Posted: Aug. 02 2008, 17:46

Quote (sabertooth @ Aug. 02 2008, 18:50)
I really hope Christopher von Deylen won't "create" a remix  and won't garble MOTS!

I really hope that CvD will create a remix that won't destroy Mike's wonderful job he did on MOTS !

I'm hoping for an ambient version of MOTS,Schiller boosted  ;)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
bee Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2010, 19:00

Have just been looking on the Schiller fan site, and was very impressed...I have the album Life, which I enjoy very much, but I think I need to give his work more time, I think his work requires listening to in a different way,somehow. I don't know how to put it into words but it's music that can be in the background but also has enough depth and change to allow more concentrated attention. It has a very pleasant, relaxed and soothing feel. Cleansing.
On the website there's mention of Mike coz it looks like they are pals, nice to know, and have obviously worked together.

I suppose because he is still holding concerts and very actively producing music, a site is worth the effort. All credit to him, very glad I had a look, and now I will work my way through ordering his back catalogue. Looking forward to the new album too. I like the way he collaborates with such a variety of musicians, Sarah Brightman, Lang Lang, Moya Brennan, Maya Saban etc etc and was amused to see he has a Rammstein track ~ Ohne dich, also.

Good stuff, seems a nice man   :)

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 

Posted: Feb. 24 2010, 19:19

Schiller's new album,Atemlos,has a special edition,signed and handnumbered by Christopher von Deylen...he's very active on Facebook as well as on Twitter.

BTW,going to Germany next May to see Schiller live in Düsseldorf,sooo excited,even if it's going to be exactly on Mike's birthday...but it was Mike's fault that I've got into Schiller  :cool:

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2010, 09:11

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Feb. 25 2010, 01:19)
but it was Mike's fault that I've got into Schiller  

;)  You should not Tati !

" N'est pas Mike Oldfield qui veut ! "

... i try to translate ... maybe like this : " No one , just because he wants , can be Mike Oldfield himself ! "

I found this video and so i think Mike is the only one to be able playing like Mike Oldfield !  :D

Morgentau
Profile PM 
9 replies since April 11 2008, 09:57 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net