Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Phil Spalding on the 1984 Discovery Tour< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: July 21 2015, 12:13

Phil Spalding, who played bass on Crises and toured with Mike, has published an article recollecting his memories of the 1984 Discovery Tour of Europe.
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 26 2015, 16:48

More thanks to Phil for such a blisteringly honest appraisal and re-appraisal of those times in his life.  Last time I was a little jovial in noting the presence of mood-altering substances for the Crises year, and I suppose that's typical of a common attitude amongst us towards those in the creative arts.  We forgive the excesses of favourites because, even if they are practices which some of us may not indulge in, we can visualise the pressures of the lives led.  I'm sorry that those pressures had the effect they did on Phil's life during this time and afterwards, just as I'll be grateful to hear elements of the magnificent music they played in the near future.

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
1 replies since July 21 2015, 12:13 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net