Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (4) < 1 2 [3] 4 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: New contract with Warner and new album 'Tres Lunas'< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Thomas Höögh Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 04 2002, 08:36

Ok, now that we have a date and everyone (almost) is happy about and all we do now is counting days smile Now I wonder weather we will see an update of musicvr.com and mike-oldfield.com or not in the near future. I mean, the site was last updated 21th of september last year. I few new pics and a cuople of new songsamples wouldn't hurt. I am not being negative, but nothing happens at tha site. Not even the releasedate and the latest days of new informationen has been included. And I think it is the first place it should had appeard on.

Well, I continue counting the days and I an really looking forward to all this that is going to happen in the future smile

--------------
Crazy, terrible, wonderful, perfect!!!!

I just love Tubular Bells |||
Profile PM WEB 
Pacha Daddy Offline

Posted: Feb. 04 2002, 09:09

Oh, the heck with MVR....it's the MUSIC I can't wait for! The fascination with MVR will pass as quickly as with any other computer game. It's the music that you'll keep going back to. I'm pleased to know that it'll be chill-based. Nothing like a little MO to wind down with!

As far as the rework of TB goes...let's wait and see. I don't necessarily agree with going back over what you've already done, but...it's the artist's prerogative.
Profile PM WEB 

Unregistered

Posted: Feb. 04 2002, 10:56

Bonjour Thomas Höögh

How are you?
I received no news from you, and I asked to myself what happened.

I think you read my text just before about Mélomaniac.
What do you think about it?
If you think it is interesting, could you translate it in Swedish like my texts about Music VR, that could be a pleasant version.

If you want to do that, try to find the best words to express the feeling, the signification of this song.
If the rhythme of your phrases is different,
we can create a different melody, it is not a problem, that could even be interesting I think. Don't worry about that.

You do that only if you want.

Thank you!

à bientôt
Henri V (BO) + Mike Oldfield

frown I'm sorry, Henri V, but this is too much off-topic. I may have to delete your messages if you continue like that. -- Olivier

Unregistered

Posted: Feb. 04 2002, 11:28

Bonjour Olivier

My messages are not off topic, you exaggerate! It is about "Tubular bells" and music vr and about Mike.

It is not well from you to tell it is not well to speak about Music vr here, because Mike could be interested to create something, you don't know, and the things about what I tell are corrects.

And, do you think to tell "three bananas" is in topic?

You don't know the story about "Tres lunas".

à bientôt
Henri V (BO) + Mike Oldfield

mike arnold Offline

Posted: Feb. 04 2002, 12:41

Great news from Mike. Good to hear that he is staying with Warner's, which has allowed Mike the freedom to express his creativity.

Haven't ventured onto the Internet to view the MVR stuff (not so interested in the computer doo-dah!), so it will be refreshing to hear what the new work is like. If it's anything like TSODE, that will be great.

It's curious to hear that so many are feeling so-so about a TB re-recording. In a sense, I guess many of us felt that TBII was the re-recording. Anyway, whatever happens, there probably isn't really a great deal that you can do with TB Part One, as it's essentially a timeless classic. But, it's Part Two that really needs the work, and that will probably be the key to the success of the project (maybe include real bagpipes instead of the guitars sounding like bagpipes. Also, the improvised guitar bit from Pt.2 that was included on Exposed). Frankly, whatever Mike does with this re-recording, it's going to be a hit!

In fact, I also agree with another opinion on the site, that the 'fabulous' Hergest Ridge is probably the album in most need of re-recording with current music and recording technologies.

Although TB is regarded in the media as Mike's flagship, the albums Ommadawn, Incantations and Voyager, which are virtually flawless, are the real deal (although, some sections of Incantations could do with being time-compressed, and the Incantations pt.4 vocal section from Space Movie, somehow edited into there).

It remains to say, good luck Mike, and good health to all visitors to this site.

Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: Feb. 05 2002, 20:34

I think you should be careful what you say, as you dont know wether or not mike visits these sites, and seeing negative comments about the new album in favour of a reworking of tubular bells to me seems ridiculous. How would you all feel coming on here tomorrow and mike having cancelled MVR and Tres Lunas to work on Tubular Bells reworked for another 2 years, I for one would be devastated. The Millennium Bell may not of been the album we all wanted it to be, (at least it was fresh), and this doesnt mean that a new album wouldnt be what we have all been waiting for. Being Honest i would sooner have 2 guitars/TSODE type albums every year then him waste 2 years working on a rehash of an old album thats already been reworked several times anyway.
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 05 2002, 23:26

I am wondering what will be the title of the re-recorded Tubular Bells. Just 'Tubular Bells' with some subtitle? Maybe 'Tubular Bells' will not be in the title?
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: Feb. 06 2002, 04:15

Bonjour Everybody

It is possible at a moment Mike will write some words in a forum, if the conversation is interesting. Who know?

Henri V (BO)+ Mike Oldfield
tubularbills Offline

Posted: Feb. 06 2002, 14:29

I totally agree with pacha daddy on this one. since my computer is a little old, it won't handle the graphics of the MVR. So i'm excited for just the music. and if sometime down the road i get a better comp, well then i'll have an extra bonus with the MVR game. but for now, it's all about the music (which will include the re-recording of TB).

for me, it's not that there has to be "new" music out, just some music. i'm very satisfied with listening to the CDs i already have over and over and over again. it's good music, and i don't think i can ever get enough of it. so as far as TB not being extremely new like Tres Lenas, that's quite all right with me. hell, i was even excited when The best of TB came out. i knew it wasn't going to be new music, but i bought it anyway because in my opinoin i think it's a good listen.

I think the new TB will be better than the original. the sound quality i think will be a lot better, and the instruments will sound brand new, not old and kind of worn out.

--------------
Terrible, Wonderful, Crazy, Perfect.
Profile PM 
Stuart Breed Offline

Posted: Feb. 06 2002, 17:12

In a world that likes to put labels on things, how would we classify Mike's music? Pop? Rock? New age? or classical?
I think the answer is you can't. There in a nutshell is the beauty of Mikes world, if he woke up tomorrow and wanted to make a Ska, Jazz or Reggae CD, who's to stop him but himself?
It is a well known fact that in the past composers in the classical genre have constantly gone back to rework existing pieces, such is the curse of the composer. Modern bands are constantly reworking their hits in the live arenas.
I personaly can't wait to hear the new material plus a reworking of a truley ground breaking piece of music, as Tubular Bells was. But, I would love to hear that the same approach is being taken with Hergest Ridge, which was also a ground breaking and record setting piece of music. The original vinyl version of HR suffered greatly because of the oil crisis in the 70's, OK, we have CD now, which by the way is NOT as pure a medium as everybody seems to think (What really does go on between the mastering and manufacturing stages?) That's a different subject.
I don't know how Mike feels about HR, maybe he feels he was somewhat pressured into doing a follow up recording to TB and that his heart wasn't totally at ease with the project, who knows? But what I think is being missed, is that it is a stunning piece of writing and in my humble opinion a very overlooked piece in the MO repertoire, that could be reworked with amazing results.
On a side note. I hope that Mike does pop in here and check the forums, despite the negativity, there is a lot of positive things within these pages. I for one would dearly love the opportunity to get feedback like this from people who care, although I wouldn't let it dictate my next move, but I would take note of certain things and bear them in mind for the future.

Love to you all
Don't forget. The world's your Lobster

--------------
Stu
Profile PM WEB 

Unregistered

Posted: Feb. 08 2002, 03:45

In the thread Olivier speaks about "MP3 samples available on mike-oldfield.com" referring to the new album Tr3s Lunas...
I searched up and down at the site but i didnt found any sample about the new album, maybe he was speaking about the real audio samples of MusicVR?
Please help meee smile if there is any MP3 sample of Tr3s Lunas i want to listen it! eh! smile
Olivier Offline

Posted: Feb. 08 2002, 11:06

I was talking about the MVR RealAudio samples. Maybe I'm wrong in supposing that 'Tres Lunas' will be very similar to the music in the game. But I could be right and it might even have some pieces in common with the game.
Profile PM 
bennyboy Offline

Posted: Feb. 16 2002, 14:41

God almighty - another one!!!

I dunno, it can't be too bad...

Still...

I personally think that "Tubular Bells", "Tubular Bells II" and "Tubular Bells III" are classics - which is why screwing around with them doesn't make much sense to me. The last time that happened we got "The Orchestral Tubular Bells" - mediocre at best and in my opinion one of the worst albums of Mike's career.

I think "Tubular Bells" is a highly over-rated piece of work. Mike has done MUCH better work since, I don't know why, of all his albums, THIS was the one that was so successful it had to eclipse everything else...

Still, I am very much looking forward to Tres Luna, Music VR and the Music VR soundtrack. I await with baited breath in fact...
Profile PM 
Tubular Belle Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2002, 06:25

It could have been worse. Instead of Tr3s Lunas, he could have called his new album "Tr3s Alarmas" (i.e. Three Bells)! Now that would be "alarming".... eek
Profile PM 
Tr3s Lunas Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2002, 11:57

Tres Alarmas???

Maybe I haven´t got much english level, but I speak spanish very well and, TRES ALARMAS DOESN´T MEAN THREE BELLS, "Tres alarmas" means "three alarms". "Three bells" is "Tres campanas"...

--------------
http://starmen.net/petition
...do it for the kids!!!
Profile PM WEB 
Tubular Belle Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2002, 12:15

Sorry - I tried a translation site and they translated it as "alarmas" - at least I now know the correct Spanish word!
Profile PM 
Tr3s Lunas Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2002, 15:58

lol

That traslations sites... really sucks!!!

--------------
...do it for the kids!!!
Profile PM WEB 
Tr3s Lunas Offline

Posted: Feb. 18 2002, 13:17

*****STOP PRESS*****

This message has been posted recently in www.mikeoldfield.org:

The MVR version on the CD is a demo and full version. To get access to the full version you will need to register on the web, pay an additional sum which provides a key that unlocks the demo version to become the full version.

We anticipate that the CD will be priced as a regular music CD.

COOOOL!

--------------
...do it for the kids!!!
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Feb. 18 2002, 19:14

I wonder how long it'll be before some 'well meaning' fan comes up with a way of cracking that...all for the love of Mike, of course...
Profile PM 
Ingvar V Offline

Posted: Mar. 06 2002, 17:21

I think that it's about time for another Hergest Ridge! I don't care whether it's called Bradnor Hill, Wenlock Edge, Malvern Hills, Cotswold Serenade or Black Mountains. England needs a pastorale promotion after all the dead cows, so tourists dare to come. Mike would get a trophy from the Queen for promoting the countryside...probably. Anyway, the broad sunlit uplands need an attention from a man like Oldfield! Stop the "lunacy" - go native!
Profile PM 
70 replies since Feb. 01 2002, 19:08 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) < 1 2 [3] 4 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net