Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: mwe3.com and 20th Century Guitar Interview< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Blue Dolphin Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 26 2003, 17:37

Yeah, great thing about Adrian Belew! I think everyone here should listen to King Crimson (if you can handle it), it's a great band (although I'm not very sure about their latest album) but they are still unique and original. Maybe Mike should try King Crimson style? Or how about an collaboration with Robert Fripp? :)

I'm still thinking a bit about Mike's music. I'm listening TSODE at the moment, haven't listened it for a while. Right now I'm thinking: "hey, maybe this sounds like a big goodbye from Mike, this album". Remember Mike saying in an interview at that time it's the beginning of Mike the multimedia artist? Maybe he said goodbye to the real music and began in multimedia rather than staying in music. He just makes music as a hobby, as his second work.

So you could say that TSODE was his latest album as a musician, and after that started another career, hence the quality of his music. Or maybe he is taking a break and picking up the music career after the Music VR stuff? Just my thoughts at the moment. I never guessed I would say this.

And about Mike and trance: NO. Mike should never, and never get into trance or dance or other of this music. What I hear of trance nowadays is music of people who can't express themselves (like Mike said of the punk people back then). I don't know about the early trance, but what I hear nowadays is total crap. DJ's get praised in heaven like they are great musicians or something. It's a crazy world out there.

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
J
Unregistered

Posted: July 27 2003, 11:50

Chewing the fat Ha!

Thats a good point EpesiK.

Some people need to discover THEMSELVES....quick, before time runs out.

Nice interview It worked really well with some new and  interesting insights.

This was due to the fact that the talk was friendly and at the time a private phone call,more of a conversation rather than a typical run of the mill journalist relaying the same old sorry fodder Mike usually has to respond to.....So you went to live in the Welsh hills........ for the 10000th time yes.
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: July 30 2003, 19:20

Hmmm, I never thought of TSODE in that light before. I do think it's his best album. Like his last breath before turning his back on it. Man.....I do wish he would turn back to it again. But he can do what he wants. Can't force him if it doesn't interest him anymore. I think he can make new amazing music like TSODE, but he is bored of making just music. That's what he said, afterall. Cool theory there.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 30 2003, 19:24

Thanks MusicallyInspired! :)

It just popped into my mind when I was listening to TSODE.

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
23 replies since July 20 2003, 17:07 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net