Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Music VR game available< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 23 2002, 14:53

The Music VR game is available for download at www.mikeoldfield.com. Click on 'MusicVR Purchase' - 56.9MB. You need to purchase a code to run it. The Active Avatars Server Bulletin Board is open.
(Thanks, Chris Morrison )
Profile PM 
oldfield_fan Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 23 2002, 16:02

Wow! Downloading right now... what is this? The full version? For free??

/ Johan
Profile PM 
oldfield_fan Offline

Posted: May 23 2002, 16:03

Can't wait until it's finished downloading... anyone else played it yet?
Profile PM 
Osiris Offline

Posted: May 23 2002, 16:25

Yep, I've downloaded it (with ADSL), but it doesn't work... When I install the game, there's an error with the file data.cab included in the setup.exe, and the unpacking process is interrupted. I'm so frustrated.
Did you go in the Active avatars section ? You can see that Mike was there, and some people let messages there.
Buuaaaahhhh.... I have the file (56.9Mo), but it doesn't woOoOoOoooork...
OSIRIS
ps: and one strange thing is that there's no more messages on the site about paying any "extra sum". Is it free ? If you have to pay, how can we do it ? The setup.exe file never allowed me to give my credit card number, it just began to install, and then that F.....g bug that make the whole thing crash. (sorry for my bad english)
Profile PM 
Fox Offline

Posted: May 23 2002, 16:41

confused
Say, what's GBP 11.75 equal to in American Dollars? Around $23, $24?
Profile PM 
Tr3s Lunas Offline

Posted: May 23 2002, 19:24

Have anyone played it?

Well, tomorrow, I will register, a friend will pay for me with it´s credit card (I haven´t got one...) but, I have to give him the money... frown

http://www.mikeoldfield.com/update/index.html ...interesting?

--------------
http://starmen.net/petition
...do it for the kids!!!
Profile PM WEB 

Unregistered

Posted: May 23 2002, 19:33

HAs anyone got it working yet, whats it like?
zoolook Offline

Posted: May 23 2002, 20:16

I've succesfully downloadet, installed and payed for MusicVR episode 1: Tres Lunas ...

Been playing it for 3½ hours straight now... it is vast, much to see and do; I've been playing with dolphins, flown with an owl through a blizzard, been to space - jumping between planets, and much, much more.

Wow.

This unanticipated release has really saved my day - and the week to come ... I was getting nervous that the MusicVR Demo wouldn't be enough to write a 15 page multimedia-aestetics project on as I had originally planned.

Thank you, Mike - you may just have saved my exam!
Profile PM WEB 
Thomas Höögh Offline

Posted: May 24 2002, 03:26

buhuuu buubuhuuu frown frown frown I don't have enough money to buy the game yet. I have downloaded it but can't pay, so I can't play frown

I hate being a student, cause you never have money!!!!

--------------
Crazy, terrible, wonderful, perfect!!!!

I just love Tubular Bells |||
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: May 24 2002, 04:12

I downloaded it yesterday and installed it succesfully. Keep in mind that you have to have the demo installed before you install the real version!

Can't play it yet, though. Have to wait till tonight when I can get the creditcard. But then...: PLAYING TIME!! wink

I also wonder: does the Tr3s Lunas cd has the demo version that now can be downloaded from the site? And can the same code you get be used on the other parts of the game that will be released?

To bad there aren't any dolphin avaters... frown oh well! The others are also beautiful!

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: May 24 2002, 04:46

Just downloaded and installed it but cannot get into it yet as i'm still waiting for my new credit card to come _ they said it'll take over a week - a whole wek of waiting!!!! Maybe i'll get a friend to pay for me ;-)

How come the demo doesn't work anymore once you install the full version ?

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Dali Offline

Posted: May 24 2002, 06:10

I am downloading the full version now. Will ask my dad to give me his credit-card number and stuff.

I have two questions:
- once you pay online, do you get the code immediatly, via e-mail or something?

- will the code work only once, or can I use it on other computers? I have a desktop and a laptop computer, and want to use it on both!!!

Greetings,

Dali
Profile PM WEB 
freshhh Offline

Posted: May 24 2002, 07:37

Hi! Could anybody who played Tr3s Luans give us an unlock code? I have no credit card and my friends don't have it too. So, it would be very nice from your side if you'll share this code. biggrin

--------------
We all live our Tubular Life...
And we don't know another way to live...
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Posted: May 24 2002, 08:40

No piracy here, please...
Profile PM 
oldfield_fan Offline

Posted: May 24 2002, 10:38

This game is very nice and especially the music! :-D I've found 4 rings so far. Sometimes the game is a bit confusing and I don't know what to do at some places, but I guess I'll just have to explore a bit more =) But I love it anyway. However there doesn't seem to be a save-function, or did I miss something? I have to play it from the beginning and it's sometimes a bit frustrating. I love shooting things, so I'm often transported back to the origin :-)

Back to play again...

/ Johan
Profile PM 
toMtOm Offline

Posted: May 24 2002, 10:49

Hi,
I have a serious problem. Downloaded the demo (12MB), and installed. Downloaded the full game (50MB), installed. Used my credit card, and get the number (16 digits). After restarting filled the box with the number, and happened NOTHING!
Well, I cheat. A dialog box appeared and told me, that 'Network connection failed! Please try again later.' It is true, that I am connecting to the net via LAN and sitting behind a firewall (as I am working in a government office smile), but nobody told me, that with these parameters the MusocVR not works!

TomTom
A very sad Hungarian Oldfieldian...

PS: I have just consulted with Vicenç Garcia Tomàs. He has the same problem, but he uses not LAN but ADSL...

COULD SOMEBODY HELP US ???
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Posted: May 24 2002, 10:55

Please use this forum for troubleshooting.
Profile PM 
toMtOm Offline

Posted: May 24 2002, 11:22

Thanx, but I thought that the troubleshooting forum is dead, because no replies. Maybe everybody can use the program - except me?
Profile PM 
Dali Offline

Posted: May 24 2002, 13:43

HELP HELP HELP

I now have the file, the setup is done, but now I want to register with my Mastercard, everytime I get an 'ERROR PROCESSING TRANSACTION'.  Does this happen to anybody else. Can someone please give me some info on this. Capital letters/Small letters, does it make any difference? Is Name Cardholder the same as Billing Name?

Help?
Profile PM WEB 
oldfield_fan Offline

Posted: May 24 2002, 13:46

I love the game even more now =) I've also played on-line which is very nice, although some of the avatars can be pretty hard to steer. Anyone knows when Mike is going to be on-line?

I have now found 5 rings, so now I need only 2 more :-)

I hope you enjoy it too :-)

Best wishes

/ Johan
Profile PM 
45 replies since May 23 2002, 14:53 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net