Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Music VR demo< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 06 2001, 11:34

A 6.1 MB demo is available at www.musicvr.com. On Apr 12, a new 7 MB demo has been posted.
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: April 06 2001, 17:11

Did it ever work? Well, I guess it's just some technical problems ;-)
gorjanbak Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 06 2001, 17:34

There is 6-th April.But where is a free demo.
When I go to downloaded it it doesn't won't to begin downloading.
I heard on Dark Star site that the demo will be on line late of this day.
But now is 11:30 PM.
I hope that tomorow this program will be on line and I hope that this tehnical problem is not big.
Profile PM 
alexander.schweigert Offline

Posted: April 06 2001, 23:54

They only made a Link on the Homepages and "forgot" the .zip file uploading?

Hahahaaaa... Bad Joke....;-(
Alex Schweigert
http://www.oldfield.de

--------------
www.oldfield.de
Profile PM WEB 
Man In Rain Offline

Posted: April 07 2001, 02:39

I checked the site (ftp://ftp.dircon.co.uk) with a FTP client. The file is not there.
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: April 07 2001, 03:43

And it's still not there the 7th at 9:40...
The ftp doesn't have the file. Well I guess we've got to wait, no anger will bring us any further. But I'm confused about this "forgotten" file - why don't they just say it's not ready yet? What would be the problem about that? Good things always take a bit longer, but deceiving us is not quite nice...
Juan Luis Offline

Posted: April 07 2001, 05:04

I am a bit disappointed. I think that they should had tested all before saying that on 6th April the demo will be on-line. I hope they can solve the technical problems soon and we will be able to download the demo. :
Profile PM 
Osiris Offline

Posted: April 07 2001, 05:04

Bouh... It doesn't work, what a deception, i hope that it'll be ok today. Mike, please upload your file... wink
and soon if possible.
Profile PM 
Wojtek Offline

Posted: April 07 2001, 05:46

1. Aaaaaa, I want demo!
2. Why the transfer is so slow? The page is loading so much time...
Profile PM 
Thomas Höögh Offline

Posted: April 07 2001, 07:41

I think we all are rather disapointed about this. Very many of us fans have waited with excitness for yesterday, and all we got was nothing. Not even an explanation have they bothered us with. Very bad of you guys who's handling the Music VR project frown

--------------
Crazy, terrible, wonderful, perfect!!!!

I just love Tubular Bells |||
Profile PM WEB 
Vinz Offline

Posted: April 07 2001, 08:11

Why are you complaining, guys ?
You have been warned...
It's in the name : Music Virtual Reality
Well, this is real virtuality !

--------------
Rejoignez la Tubular Mailing List francophone !
http://www.tubular.free.fr/tubular.php
Profile PM WEB 
Man In Rain Offline

Posted: April 07 2001, 09:32

There's the explanation.

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties with the demo.

Please be patient, we will post it as soon as is possible.

- The MusicVR Team
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 07 2001, 12:12

The demo is now available.
Profile PM 
Man In Rain Offline

Posted: April 07 2001, 12:19

Yeah. If somebody can start it, please tell me what is it about. Every time I run it my PC locks and I have to restart it with the reset button. I have tried it in various settings but it just won't work. After 20 restarts I finally deleted it.
Profile PM 
Roman Davydoff Offline

Posted: April 07 2001, 13:11

Now i'm downloading demo. i hope i wouldn't disappoint me.

--------------
cheerio,
Roman
Profile PM WEB 

Unregistered

Posted: April 07 2001, 13:37

I ran the demo, and it works fine. The scenario is very limited and the music also, but I realize it's a demo. I can see the potential of this, but I am waiting for the full version to be available. I just feel that it's great that Mike sticks out his neck again to try to make new ways. Hopefully, this will turn out well and inspire more artists to break the mold.

Unregistered

Posted: April 07 2001, 15:06

A realy nice teaser. Both music and images
are stunning.

Unregistered

Posted: April 07 2001, 17:02

After playing some more and collecting my first ring, I am even more impressed. Give me the whole enchilada!

Unregistered

Posted: April 07 2001, 17:47

It's impresive, fantastic, beautifull, exciting... After three intents, i can see it, and I like it so much. Very, very, well, specially because it's a demo.
Bye, bye my friends.
perihelion Offline

Posted: April 07 2001, 18:52

I tried the demo and was surprised in a good way. I tried the early demo and thought it was extremely lame. EXTREMELY lame, almost worse than the webpage ! But this new demo was FAR better and contained some neat surprises. The particlesystem was great for example. The Volcano that spew lava looked really cool ! And it looked very powerful with all those butterflies flying around. Still there are things that bother me. Some of the textures looks very "blocky". And the samples trigged very weird in some cases (it was easy to get the female character to "rap" for example...) And when starting some musicsamples it felt a bit like the other music playing at the same time didn't match... All in all I think I would have liked to be able to do more things with the objects and I would of course also have liked more music. I'm not sure who this is aimed for. We who are fans of Mike Oldfield, of course we explore the landscape to get to hear new music but for other people not mainly interested in the music... What will motivate them to buy the final product ? Good graphics ? ? Well, the graphics is pretty good but compare the graphics with other innovative games like Bland & White then Music VR will have to come up with something else that attract people to buy it.

My final word will be that this has potensial but I hope Mike and his small team wont rush it. Spend more time on it. Add more details. And last but defenitively not least, hire someone to make a more professional webpage. Why not ask Oliver who runs Tubular.net ?? Now there's a pro ! He could do miracles to the site.

Pardon my bad english !
Profile PM 
57 replies since April 06 2001, 11:34 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net