Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Music Of The Spheres premiere in Spain< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 01 2007, 13:54

We've had a report that Universal Spain are planning a premiere concert for Music Of The Spheres in a Spanish city, with possible appearances from Lang Lang and Hayley Westenra as well as Mike himself.

David, who sent us the report, stresses that there's been no official confirmation of it yet. We will of course investigate this ourselves.

Update 2/10/07 - Universal UK says that a launch event of some kind in Spain is indeed under consideration, but there are no definite plans. Keep watching this space for more!
Profile PM 
Trinidad Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 01 2007, 14:04

I was about to post it right now, but was so excited that I didn't know where and how  :laugh:

I whish this gets confirmed soon. I had lost my hopes about it, with all the news and speculation about the album delay.

Mike, you made a promiseeee!!!
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2007, 14:25

Maybe they could make a double feature with 'Symphonic Amarok'...
Profile PM WEB 
EeToN Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2007, 14:35

Quote (Trinidad @ Oct. 01 2007, 20:04)
I had lost my hopes about it, with all the news and speculation about the album delay.

Hmm... I thought something similar as being actually the reason for the delay. Mike can't concentrate on preparing for a concert. It makes sense to me (even if I don't know how he would be able to concentrate after the baby had been born.) :)

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Oct. 01 2007, 14:45

Ooooh! Premiere concert would be fantastic. Especially if they could get Hayley to appear (and Lang Lang or similar so that Mike can sit with his guitars). Doesn't matter in this modern age which country it is in, hopefully some enterprising TV channel in the UK would air it...

I'm officially excited again!

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2007, 18:26

It'd sure be wonderful, but - I don't know why - it somehow sounds fishy to me. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2007, 21:07

I prefer to wait...not only a premiere,but also a world tour.

Let's see what is going to happen...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Oct. 01 2007, 21:36

well my money just wait to be used!!  :D
Im ready like a child  :cool:

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Oct. 02 2007, 13:23

Well, I've had word back from Universal UK about this...and let's say it's making me consider whether we should keep this as a rumour or not...

There is talk of doing something in Spain to launch the album. It is very much at the stage of just being talk, but it's true that Universal are considering the idea. It sounds to me more like they're planning a launch party than a premiere concert, but it could be either.

If - and that's a big if at the moment - anything happens, there would be a limited number of tickets made available to fans "to help celebrate". We will of course keep you updated on this and as soon as we have more official news, we'll let you know.
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Oct. 02 2007, 13:42

It would be nifty if they used the added delay to plan something good and memorable, something worth the wait. Involving the fans would probably be a very good idea.

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Oct. 03 2007, 03:55

If Mike's got a newborn baby then I would say that instantly quashes the idea of a live concert. If he hasn't got the time to do press stuff he certainly won't have the time to put together a big live show.

If he did do a live concert I'd like to see him do one in the UK for a change.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 03 2007, 04:45

Quote (TOBY @ Oct. 03 2007, 09:55)
If Mike's got a newborn baby then I would say that instantly quashes the idea of a live concert. If he hasn't got the time to do press stuff he certainly won't have the time to put together a big live show.

You're being perfectly sensible here, Toby. Indeed, the two most recent news items appeared here, i.e. Mike not being able to do promotion because of personal issues and then Mike appearing at a concert in Spain, are utterly conflicting with each other. But let's not forget that the latter item is not news at all... it's a rumour. And, as far as I've understood, the rumour is mainly concerned with a concert (or an event of some kind) to launch MotS in Spain, not with Mike's presence at the event. :) Indeed, Richard's original post up here says "possible appearance" ... :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Oct. 03 2007, 15:38

Well the idea of the delay is to stop them from conflicting - the idea, so the story goes, was to move the release to a time when it would be more convenient for Mike to make appearances like this. Of course as has already been pointed out, Mike may be being rather optimistic thinking he'll have more time once the baby's born...but maybe he has a plan. He could probably do the concert with just a few rehearsals (in fact, with that many musicians, the fewer rehearsals the better, unless you've really got money to burn). That doesn't mean to say it's likely or sensible, just that it would be possible if he wanted to do it.

I suppose that was rather bad wording in the original post - I don't think there's any indication that they'd consider doing a concert without Mike. Still, the impression I get from all I've heard from Universal is that it's a launch event and not a concert that they're planning (the words were "some kind of launch/unveiling"). I don't think there's really any option for Mike not to appear - it would be a huge non-event if he didn't, and it would defeat the whole point of delaying the album's release. Still, we'll see what develops.
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: Oct. 03 2007, 16:03

I still hope Mike does the World Premiere in the UK ( ideally England ) & its televised.......not just because of selfish reasons but I want Mike's profile to be alot higher in his home country ! ..he deserves it ! ...and MOTS is the album that can do it ! ...if done right !

Neil  :(  :D
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Oct. 04 2007, 13:50

Quote (HuanCry @ Oct. 03 2007, 16:03)
I still hope Mike does the World Premiere in the UK ( ideally England ) & its televised.......not just because of selfish reasons but I want Mike's profile to be alot higher in his home country ! ..he deserves it ! ...and MOTS is the album that can do it ! ...if done right !

Neil  :(  :D

Yup totally agree. Mike seems to a have long ago given up on the UK for big promotional launches. To be honest since Karl Jenkins is involved I really thought they'd make something of it here in the UK, maybe they will though and have a launch in both countries.
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Mar. 12 2008, 12:11

OK guys I must be the biggest bimbo around! Maybe to do with the blonde hair, but would you know I didn't even know this concert was coming.  I havent been on the site for about a month or so, and before that I only went on General Discussion.

I was kind of thinking though, do you think one concert in Spain is enough to promote a whole album? If it's a promotion then it needs a bit more advertising, than that.

I must say also, I feel a little sorry for the Oldfield's at the moment. Moving, baby, concert. What a rush for them to get everything done!  Maybe when they are more rested and established we coulsd see some more concerts?
Profile PM 
15 replies since Oct. 01 2007, 13:54 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net