Pages: (6) < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Music Of The Spheres premiere concert< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ray Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 25 2008, 17:00

Quote (Korgscrew @ Jan. 23 2008, 22:30)
It would certainly be nice!

I get the feeling that this is going to be quite a small and exclusive event, rather than a large public concert like the Tubular Bells II/III concerts. It could be that the number of tickets for fans will be very limited.

Still, I really hope that we'll be able to work together with Universal on getting at least a few people in to see the concert!

Put me down for one!

:cool:
Ray

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Jan. 25 2008, 18:49

Quote (Tubular Tos @ Jan. 25 2008, 15:39)
;) @ Tubularman

I just wanted to say that Orchestral TB is the same kind of music as MOTS and Mont ST Michel .... just well made for a  classical concert . ;)

ha ha ha :) I see!
:p

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Jan. 25 2008, 19:01

We all are anxious,but let's cool down a bit.

It's a press event,but I do hope that Mike decides to tour later on(and Eugene is also a bit older enough) with MOTS.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: Jan. 25 2008, 20:24

yeah i know tati, but dreaming is free ;) :D
I want a full concert of Mike Oldfield. It is one of my biggest wish!

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
Profile PM WEB 
Clodomir Offline

Posted: Jan. 26 2008, 07:59

Quote (Korgscrew @ Jan. 25 2008, 12:40)
Just in case we need some numbers to help with negotiations, assuming that there are places available, how many of you would actually be interested in going? I'm making absolutely no promises when I ask this.

I think I can afford it and I would be interested !

Nicolas

--------------
Mike Oldfield - Blog d'une passion
http://www.mike-oldfield.net
Profile PM WEB 
Jau Offline

Posted: Jan. 26 2008, 08:46

I would be interested in going there! I'm from Barcelona. It would be a very nice trip, I've never been to Bilbao and of course the new album is magnificient, I think it must be heard live. (Me and my girlfriend)
Profile PM 
txuntb Offline

Posted: Jan. 27 2008, 12:15

Korgscrew: as i said before i am ready. My wife too.
Profile PM 
Ratty Offline

Posted: Jan. 27 2008, 12:49

me please (2 tickets)  :)

--------------
Far away across the field
The tolling of the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spells
Profile PM 
zinc Offline

Posted: Jan. 27 2008, 13:51

me too, 2 tickets
Profile PM 
Nige Offline

Posted: Jan. 28 2008, 03:56

I would too x1.
Profile PM 

Posted: Jan. 28 2008, 15:44

Quote (manintherain @ Jan. 25 2008, 14:52)
I´m definitely thinking about going!

:p

I'd love to be there!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
darkstar_ab Offline

Posted: Jan. 29 2008, 09:54

I REALLY need to get my hands on some tickets if they become available... What a way to spend my birthday!
Profile PM WEB 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Jan. 29 2008, 16:12

I guess it's either the record label or the PR people who will decide who is invite to the Press Release. I would doubt if Mike has much say in that. No doubt Korg will be doing his best for everyone now he is "in the loop" and having conversations with the right people.

The way I see it, the only way would be to either have a lottery for some limited fan tickets, or to set up that live streaming.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Marky Offline

Posted: Jan. 29 2008, 18:54

I'm interested too if it work out, as are friends of mine, but I have a feeling it will be impractical; we will see. Bilbao is not far. C'mon Korgi!
Profile PM 
txuntb Offline

Posted: Jan. 30 2008, 15:59

It´s obvious that lottery would be the right thing. We support you in your conversations Korgscrew.

I think live concerts will be easy to MO. He only needs two or three tries with orchestra and play, and no need to tour. I´ve no doubt we all will have the opportunity to listen MOTS live.
Profile PM 
JaimeB Offline

Posted: Jan. 31 2008, 06:43

I live 250+ kms away from Bilbao, it would just be fantastic to go there for a MO concert with my wife. We did it a few months ago for Luar na Lubre, so we'd definitely do it again for Mike...

--------------
See my Mike Oldfield music guide at http://www.squidoo.com/magicalmusic
Profile PM 

Posted: Feb. 08 2008, 17:35

From Dark Star - www.mikeoldfield.org - they're still alive:

Mike's exceptional new album will be released on 17th March on CD and online (not now on USB flash drive)(...)

There is a strong possibility of a European press launch event in Spain, where the entire piece will be played live with orchestra and choir for the international press, to be recorded for potential limited release - more details to follow.

Look out for special promotions online, particularly on www.hmv.co.uk (competition with very special prize) and iTunes (exclusive bonus material). More information will be posted here as it is confirmed.

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 08 2008, 21:13

I can say now that there's more than a strong possibility of a launch event!

I can also confirm the news of it being recorded - I wasn't sure how much of that news was ready for public ears, but seeing as Dark Star have made it public, I can confirm that Universal are in discussions with a major retailer about releasing a special edition of the album, which will include both the studio version and a live recording from Bilbao.

There ought to be more news about the launch coming soon. I've put a few suggestions forward and I'm waiting for a firm reply before saying anything more.
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Posted: Feb. 08 2008, 22:00

this is huge news  :)
Thanks Korg! 2008 is really a exciting music year.
I is sad that MOTS leaked to the net, but i guess something like a bonus cd will help a bit. Maybe a DVD 5.1 :D
I hope there is a big change for the fans to see Mike live too. I really do. In april i will see jarre play in Oslo. That is one dream come true indeed. But nothing is satiesfied until seeing Mike!

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 08 2008, 22:27

Quote (Tubularman @ Feb. 09 2008, 03:00)
I hope there is a big change for the fans to see Mike live too. I really do.

I think it would be fair to say now that it's best not to get too excited regarding any possibility of seeing Mike in March. Whether Mike will tour later, I don't know, but I haven't heard of any plans for it.

Universal are aware of the number of people who'd be interested in travelling to Bilbao, and some things relating to that are currently under discussion, but I'd really not recommend getting your hopes up.

I also don't believe there are any plans for anything other than a stereo CD recording of the concert, though of course a surround mix with simple ambience in the rears wouldn't be particularly difficult. Making a professional quality video recording is a whole different ball game, though.
Profile PM 
100 replies since Jan. 23 2008, 15:16 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (6) < 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net