Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (6) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Music of the Spheres is here!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 16 2008, 22:01

After a long wait, Music of the Spheres finally hits shops across Europe today. If it's not in a store near you, you can order it on amazon.co.uk or you can try your luck and order from play.com and see if yours will be one of the 200 signed copies!

The iTunes version, including the Live at Bilbao recording is also available on all European iTunes stores right now!

We wish the best of success to Mike and to our friends at Universal Classics and Jazz.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 16 2008, 22:43

Finally it's released \o/

Let's celebrate with pints and pints of draught Guinness \o/

And mine is on its way to meeeeeeeee!

Lots of promo for MOTS and all the best for Mike as always!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2008, 23:15

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Mar. 16 2008, 22:43)
Finally it's released \o/

Let's celebrate with pints and pints of draught Guinness \o/

And mine is on its way to meeeeeeeee!

Lots of promo for MOTS and all the best for Mike as always!

Well Tati I`ll drink to that as well.I`ll have to make do with lager at this end unfortunatly.But if I turn all the lights off it looks a lot like guiness..  :p

Hopefully I should be able to get out and buy a real copy of MOTS over this Easter weekend...Eggscellent!

Ok I`ll get me coat!

All the best to Mike.To all of his fans accross the World.And to the many people behind The Music Of The Spheres...

It`s gannin` t` number one man.Come on!   :)
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Mar. 16 2008, 23:27

Let's keep fingers crossed ! And as we say in France to wish a good luck , " M...E "  :D ..  No i can't say that here ! Fanny should know what i mean !!  :D   Of course , i'm going to buy it this week or next weekend ! And i just hope France will wake up and give him the success Mike deserves !  ;)
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 17 2008, 02:10

It's currently at number 5 on Amazon UK's bestsellers list, but only number 15 on play.com's chart. Clearly the chance of getting signed copies isn't enough to sway buyers! Will we see it reach number one?
Profile PM 
Taynie Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2008, 02:42

I'm a good old fashioned Asda girl, and will be buying my copy there (£9.77) this morning after taking the kids to school. Roll on 9am.

--------------
once these things get going it's jolly hard to stop them again
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2008, 04:26

Mine was dispatched Saturday afternoon by Amazon UK so I hope it arrives this morning ...though they give estimated delivery date as Tuesday 18th ! even though its First Class post !!

WARNING : Amazon UK have already SOLD OUT !!!
Profile PM 
leesonar Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2008, 05:42

Received my CD Copy on Friday, just downloaded MOTS Bilbao live version, and the harmonia mundi bum note is still in there, it gives me a good belly laugh everytime i hear it, otherwize it sounds great!!! I hope this album is a big seller it has all the potential to be!!
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Mar. 17 2008, 06:01

Quote (HuanCry @ Mar. 17 2008, 09:26)
WARNING : Amazon UK have already SOLD OUT !!!

Jings so they have!

Nintendo-Wii style supply issues for Mike Oldfield - I love it  :D

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
darkstar_ab Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2008, 06:16

http://tubular.net/forums/non-cgi/Skin/SKIN-3/PostIcons/icon2.gif
http://tubular.net/forums/non-cgi/Skin/SKIN-3/PostIcons/icon2.gif
Top 'o ta mornin to ya!
Off to get my copy now.... then watch the patricks day parade... with lots of drink... then home to give the spheres a good listen...
Profile PM WEB 
BTH Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Mar. 17 2008, 06:39

Oh i'm loving the Live version!! It just sounds so alive!! And I'm kinda glad they've left it as "warts n all" - although disappointingly Mike's guitar is TOTALLY buried in Animus - Just how I remember it! ;-). There's a lovely humanity to the performance as a result. I love The Tempest on the album but Live it really does sound a million times better - even more driving and stormy. As I said in my review of the concert this is where everyone seems to find their "groove" and really the playing is perfect... Oh and the Climax with the big choir behind the brass! One of Mike's most perfect recorded moments....

Lest I forget, happy St. Patrick's Day one and all from the Auld Sod! ;-)

Slainte!

Edited by BTH on Mar. 17 2008, 06:46

--------------
Tá mé an amadán ag cheoil...
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2008, 06:43

Still waiting for the Postie and my Signed Copy !!!  Been down Town.. In WH Smiths  its Top Shelf   The RECORD OF THE WEEK...  No 9 in there Chart including everything..  Been a long Time since a MO Release had that Treatment... In Woolies as Well racked up... :cool:

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
BTH Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Mar. 17 2008, 06:54

Oh I'm delighted to hear it 3Wheeler! Unfortunately here in Southern Ireland it was released on Friday with zero fuss, buried in the racks of HMV and not even available in the smaller stores... But if it takes off in the UK the hype will soon spread over here as well... I've a feeling it'll be a slow burner with the buying public but could hang about in the upper reaches of the charts for a long time as word of mouth and buzz spreads... Here's hoping anyway!!

--------------
Tá mé an amadán ag cheoil...
Profile PM 
Taynie Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2008, 07:51

Well I've heard the whole piece and it's had me in tears !!

I can rely on Mike to take me through every emotion.

Now I feel healed and at peace, good therapy.

--------------
once these things get going it's jolly hard to stop them again
Profile PM 
CuNimb Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2008, 08:21

Sent my missus on mission to pick it from Asda or Morrisons.  :D

Got an mp3 of Tempest - awesome!

--------------
Happy? ha ha ha....
Profile PM 
kiteflier Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2008, 08:32

Received my copy from Amazon today - Listening to the first track - does anyone  else hear echos  of Rick Wakeman's  Journey to the Centre of the Earth or is it just me?
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2008, 09:14

Beautiful package, that really adds a touch of class to the whole thing.
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Mar. 17 2008, 09:28

Just got mine! Decided to try Zavvi (since it still says Virgin on the outside of the shop...)  and they had it for £10. Plenty of them in stock but not in their "top 50" yet.

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Ginger Daddy Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2008, 09:34

My wife told me that my copy from Play.com arrived this morning.

She says that the artwork on the front of the CD cover has been ruined by a big silver smudge. It seems that some of Mike's signatures may have been a bit rushed as it is not recognisable as his signature.

I've got mixed feelings about this.... if the signature is unrecognisable does that mean I've just got hold of a 'defaced' version which is worth even less than just a normal copy ;)

I'm counting the minutes until I get home to hear it properly!

Cheers,
Terry.

--------------
http://purplerhapsody.co.uk - no words, just emotions
Profile PM WEB 
Fine_old_Tom Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2008, 09:46

Hello Tubular.net folks! This is a brilliant site - my number one Oldfield point of reference!

Belgium and I-Tunes........ grrrrrrrrrrrrr.... No Spheres was bad enough, but no MotS today is beyond a joke.  

But it's great to read your positive reactions - great days to be an Oldfield fan!  :D

--------------
Sad Sing
Profile PM 
119 replies since Mar. 16 2008, 22:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (6) < [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net