Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (6) < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Music of the Spheres is here!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Blue Dolphin Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 26 2008, 13:36

Aaaaaargh!!! I still haven't received my copy!! It has now been 12 days since Play.com emailed me that they shipped the cd (and said to me that it will take 3 to 5 days for it to arrive). What's wrong with these shipments these days????  :/

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
samo Offline

Posted: Mar. 27 2008, 13:08

Hello to all from a newbie!
I've been Mike's fan for some 20 years now since I was 10 or so and got really excited when I heard about his symphonic album. I ran around local music store like a hungry dog on the day of release, but got my copy only 4 days after that.
It is definitely Mike Oldfield, I don't think he's stealing from himself on this one, it's just HIS instantly recognizable style. I must admit I had not experienced such physical emotion through music for very long time, like I did while listening to On my heart. Tears ran from my eyes, I got goosebumps.... Thank you for this one Mike!
I am sorry if this post seems embarrassing, it's my first one after all  ;)
Regards from Czech republic!
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Mar. 27 2008, 14:01

Actually, I had the same experience several times. When MO would release a new album, I'd be friggin' excited. I was 14 when I was playing Ommadawn for the first time. I knew on that day I had to take up a musical instrument. I was 16 or 17 when Incantations was released. I could not take it(well, them...it was a double album) off my turntable for a week. The prior 3 albums were insignificant for a long time it was that good. QE2 comes out, I'm 20, gone dog nuts for days. I could go on, but you get the point. No need to apologize for treading into the much scrutinized "Tubular Zone"......eerie theremin sounds now.....

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Velodynamic Offline

Posted: Mar. 29 2008, 16:42

An e-mail from my CD store - the MotS CD was shipped today.

*Puh* Now I'll just have to wait some days for the mail bitch. :p

--------------
"...I've never seen a connection between music and politics.
It's like trying to connect football with croquet." -M.O.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Mar. 29 2008, 18:39

I'VE GOT IT!!! :cool: :cool:

...No, I didn't wait for some online store to e-mail me saying "Your order has been shipped" and then they deliver it at the Greek Kalendae, as we say in Italy (i.e. never). And I didn't even meddle with iTunes' fancy 160 kb/s (VBR) AAC files. This morning I just went into my record usual shop, I handed a 20 Euros note to the owner, and the MotS CD passed from his hands directly into mine. :D

Upon what is right now the fifth listening in a row (of the whole CD), I can confirm the general impression here of the music being clearer, sharper and generally warmer than the mp3s I've been listening up to now (the promo copy). But I also must admit that the greatest pleasure I'm getting out of this CD is hearing the transitions from one track to another exactly the way they're meant to be heard.......... :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Mar. 30 2008, 08:54

Congratulations Ugo!

Still NO sign for my cd though. It now has been 16 days. I mailed Play.com a couple of times but they just don't answer my questions....  :/

I still don't get it.... it's not like the cd has to come all the way from Australia....

I hope the cd isn't lost somewhere... that would really be a shame! I saw MOTS in my local record shop, but yes I have to wait for my copy.

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Mar. 30 2008, 11:08

Well, Blue Dolphin, maybe the gods are playing with your head and you will be rewarded with a signed copy. :cool:

Hope you receive it soon!

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Taynie Offline

Posted: Mar. 30 2008, 12:46

Quote (Scatterplot @ Mar. 27 2008, 14:01)
No need to apologize for treading into the much scrutinized "Tubular Zone"......eerie theremin sounds now.....

I remember likewise how Ommadawn impacted on me as a teenager, despite the fact that friends and family didn't go along with me, I couldn't understand that. So I was on my own in the 'tubular zone' but I was MOVED and I knew it. Other LPs  impacted similarly including Incantations, Hergest Ridge,Amorak,Crises,TB2&3 etc.

You're giving your age away Scatterpoint, you can't have been born in 1914?

--------------
once these things get going it's jolly hard to stop them again
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Mar. 31 2008, 12:21

Quote (Inkanta @ Mar. 30 2008, 17:08)
Well, Blue Dolphin, maybe the gods are playing with your head and you will be rewarded with a signed copy. :cool:

Hope you receive it soon!

Thanks for your positive thoughts :)

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Velodynamic Offline

Posted: April 01 2008, 18:08

I've only heard the CD one time now but immediately I could tell that yes indeed, it is a very well produced disc.
The sound is really state of the art impressive compared to other CD's I own with classical music.   ;)

--------------
"...I've never seen a connection between music and politics.
It's like trying to connect football with croquet." -M.O.
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: April 02 2008, 11:32

Well, it has been 19 days now and still no cd.  :( Next friday is the official day for me to report it missing. Don't know what Play.com will do.

Never had this before in my life! I always got the newest Mike Oldfield cd on the day it was released.  :/

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: April 02 2008, 14:20

Hi Dolphin.
 Trust me it is  well worth the wait!Best thing he's done in a long time.Truly beautiful!I always try to get his new cds on the day of release but (lack of)finances prevented it this time.Hope it arrives soon.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: April 03 2008, 04:25

Quote (samo @ Mar. 27 2008, 13:08)
I am sorry if this post seems embarrassing, it's my first one after all  ;)

I think it's a fine first post, samo. :)  In fact, your "hungry dog" analogy was so effective that I now have a mental image of a ravenous fan holding the staff hostage until his craving for MO music has been satisfied. I'm sure it was nothing like that, at all. I just happen to have a fear of dogs!

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: April 04 2008, 06:56

Well, it's official! It has now been 21 days and still nothing from play.com in my mailbox.

I've sended a rather pissed off message with the missing order system of Play.com.

I don't want to sound arrogant, but this is something I've never had before so I've let them know that I feel I'm entitled to get a signed copy as the replacement they will send (I hope).

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: April 04 2008, 08:00

hmm strange.. Is there no change for you to buy this is the store?
I ordered my copy on cdon.com, but they was slow so i canceled my order. I did like Ugo :)
Right in the store, cash to the owner and the cd was mine :)

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: April 04 2008, 09:40

Yes, that's true. I always bought my copy in my local record shop. But with play.com:

1. It's cheaper

2. I really would like to have a signed copy (but I can forget that chance now I guess)

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
ommadawn,ah!ooh! Offline

Posted: April 04 2008, 10:36

BD,someone in the Mail sorting office has x-ray vision and spotted signed-copy.Even now he/she is replacing the sleeve and re-packaging for delivery to your door... :p

hope it arrives soonest.honest.
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: April 04 2008, 11:08

Quote (ommadawn @ ah!ooh!,April 04 2008, 16:36)
BD,someone in the Mail sorting office has x-ray vision and spotted signed-copy.Even now he/she is replacing the sleeve and re-packaging for delivery to your door... :p

hope it arrives soonest.honest.

hahaha!! :p

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: April 12 2008, 05:59

Well, it FINALLY arrived today! After such a long wait I finally can hear it in beautiful quality! :)

I agree with everyone that this is one of the best albums Mike made in the last couple of years!

My personal favourites are Aurora and On My Heart! But I think it's such a good album for different kind of moods! It makes me happy and sometimes sad.

IMHO I think the mix is a bit hollow and misses some bass or something. But nonetheless it's beautiful to listen to.

No signature on the cd though........ darnit! :/

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: April 13 2008, 19:49

:) Good to hear :D enjoy

anyway: some news

http://tubular.eu.org/mike_mac_format0408.jpg

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
119 replies since Mar. 16 2008, 22:01 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (6) < 1 2 3 4 5 [6] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net