Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: mikeoldfield.com updated< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 16 2008, 17:13

Mikeoldfield.com has been updated, with a new Music Of The Spheres look. The release date for the album has been confirmed as March 17th.

Keep watching this space for more exciting news!

Thanks David and Universal Music
Profile PM 
Burning Fish Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 16 2008, 17:24

Finally some life on the official website! That's a good sign! March 17th will be the day. :)

--------------
"Lemon curry?"
Profile PM WEB 
captain cavern Offline

Posted: Jan. 16 2008, 18:15

Ooooh ! The only news in one year...  :laugh:
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Jan. 16 2008, 20:02

And another MOTS promo video has just appeared on www.mikeoldfield.it - Mike and his Bikes -thanks to Universal Music Italy  ;)

EDIT -http://www.mikeoldfield.it/mikeold....orbikes
(post from 13/01/08)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
timshen Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2008, 00:09

Thanks for the article link Tati - very eye-opening. Mike said that, after completing MOTS, he's lost the drive to work hard on creating a new work. He certainly seems to have purged himself of all tools that would be used to create a new album (selling off all his old instruments, no studio, even no electricity for some time). But, knowing Mike, this is problably just a season and he'll get bored of not working on a new project (says a hopeful fan).

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Jan. 17 2008, 01:34

Just give him the time and he will get bored indeed.
Spain have inspired him many times before, and i guess it will one more time!
It lovely to see the site updated. Normally i have been looking on that site everyday, but not this week of course  :laugh:

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2008, 04:23

I'm not so sure, I think we could be waiting a very long while after MOTS for new music. Quite sad really. If only he could just bang a quick 'simple' album out, just acoustics and the like. That sort of music might reflect the real spain he talks of and his new quieter lifestyle. I think I'm going to take on the task myself rather than wait though, as arrogant as that sounds it might give quicker reward, don't think I could master anything to equal Oldfield though.

--------------
Listen to Mohribold; an epic musical tapestry that weaves between a multitude of genres.

Andrew Taylor's Mohribold album has proved very popular with fans of symphonic-rock, prog-rock, psych-folk and indeed Oldfield's classic albums!

www.andrewtaylor.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2008, 11:53

So glad that Mike's official site is not dead! And under "Community" it sends people here. Very cool, although a little sad that the old MVR forum was hacked and seemingly killed.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
clac Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2008, 13:20

woooooow my birthday's the 18th  :D i know what i'll have :P

what a fu**cking good news!! just hope he'll tour then! but if he has babies, maybe he'll prefer to stay with them...
please come in France Mike!!
To France!!!!  :cool:
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2008, 15:36

Quote (clac @ Jan. 17 2008, 18:20)

Er.... i dont wish to point out peoples bad english but when it is this funny..... i just had too...  

I think he already did - hence the babies.  

(sorry just couldnt reisit that one!!!;)

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
clac Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2008, 15:38

Quote (Ray @ Jan. 17 2008, 15:36)

Er.... i dont wish to point out peoples bad english but when it is this funny..... i just had too...  

what what what?  :O
i should have said "come back to France"?  ;)
Profile PM 
hairy old hippy Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2008, 15:40

Quote (clac @ Jan. 17 2008, 15:38)
i should have said "come back to France"?  ;)

I don't want to be too cheesy but....."never going to get to france....."
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2008, 16:33

Sorry for the off-topic... I don't really want to comment on the site's MotS update, but I've been browsing through the Discography section of MO.com and I noticed various signs of carelessness. Among others: none of the compilations is mentioned, various durations are wrong [and Amarok's duration isn't even there!!], 'On Horseback' is not mentioned on Ommadawn [OK, it wasn't even on the original cover, but the CD says "Part Two including On Horseback"... :)] and the Platinum tracklist still has 'Sally' in it [whose stated duration, 5:00, does not correspond either to 'Sally' or 'Into Wonderland']. So, is this just Fanny (?) being careless or is it the n-th example of an artist's unofficial website being much, much better taken care of than the so-called 'official' site? :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2008, 16:51

Quote (Ray @ Jan. 17 2008, 15:36)

:D Hey !! Ray ? Relax !! Don't do it when you to ....when you want to ...say that !!! :D
Profile PM 
Burning Fish Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2008, 18:06

Promo on YouTube now!

Link

--------------
"Lemon curry?"
Profile PM WEB 
BlueTape Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2008, 19:15

Quote (clac @ Jan. 17 2008, 13:20)
woooooow my birthday's the 18th  :D i know what i'll have :P

what a fu**cking good news!! just hope he'll tour then! but if he has babies, maybe he'll prefer to stay with them...
To France!!!!  :cool:

lucky me, my birthday is the 17th! ..what a special present to cherish!

Can't wait!

--------------
my music website
www.bluetape.co.uk
Profile PM 
captain cavern Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2008, 19:33

I'm sorry but............................. the official site sucks !
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Jan. 17 2008, 19:57

Reference that youtube clip - an out-take from the MCN (motor cycle news) video?

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Jan. 17 2008, 20:06

Quote (Ugo @ Jan. 18 2008, 06:33)
is it the n-th example of an artist's unofficial website being much, much better taken care of than the so-called 'official' site? :)

Hey Ugo, at least you don't have to worry about my site not being taken care of. ;)

I'm currently browsing MO.com and my connection is very slow.  You really notice how slow MO.com is when you try to view it on a slow connection.  The unnecessary Flash at the top of the page reloads for every page you click and it makes the site painful to navigate.

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Jan. 18 2008, 04:07

Quote (Ugo @ Jan. 17 2008, 16:33)
Sorry for the off-topic... I don't really want to comment on the site's MotS update, but I've been browsing through the Discography section of MO.com and I noticed various signs of carelessness. Among others: none of the compilations is mentioned, various durations are wrong [and Amarok's duration isn't even there!!], 'On Horseback' is not mentioned on Ommadawn [OK, it wasn't even on the original cover, but the CD says "Part Two including On Horseback"... :)] and the Platinum tracklist still has 'Sally' in it [whose stated duration, 5:00, does not correspond either to 'Sally' or 'Into Wonderland']. So, is this just Fanny (?) being careless or is it the n-th example of an artist's unofficial website being much, much better taken care of than the so-called 'official' site? :)

I think its the latter. You've got to remember the budgets for maintaining these websites is quite often tiny (I bet control of MO.com has been handed over to someone at Universal) I'm quite active over at the Chemical Brothers website and they had to seriously fight their record company last year to get them to lift a finger and put up the funds to get their website a much needed overhaul, and they're a huge international act! So its not surprising that most fansites are run with far greater effort , people are doing it for the love of it and for no money.
As to the dicography. To be fair Ugo most acts don't include compilations in their dicographies, unless they're being very pedantic. Its usually just studio releases.
Profile PM 
44 replies since Jan. 16 2008, 17:13 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net